Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    they will release the much delayed update for the Storm, this weekend.

    Verizon finally releasing BlackBerry Storm update this weekend
  2. Craig S.'s Avatar
    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    #2  
    They're probably more worried about not losing legions and legions of more customers that don't know how to install leaked OTA OS's...
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig S. View Post
    They're probably more worried about not losing legions and legions of more customers that don't know how to install leaked OTA OS's...

    I could have installed a leaked OS, but I chose not to. Not everyone who chooses NOT to do something, avoids it because they CAN'T do it--they simply don't feel they should make a hobby out of OS releases of the day. There have been MANY OS "releases" for the Storm and each one has it's share of issues. SO try not to be so condescending towards users who dont want to screw around with leaked software. Even the released versions are lousy.
  4. Craig S.'s Avatar
    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    #4  
    Oh, I didn't mean to be condescending towards the users; in fact the opposite. I think it's a shame Verizon haven't released a REAL OS update for a long time. I don't think I would want to keep installing so many OS's over time, either.

    Back on topic: Verizon has enough to worry about with their own flagship phone.
  5. #5  
    i had a storm for 30 days...returned it fully unhappy....and now im LEAVING vzw after 9 yrs to get a pre....

    same call quality, cheaper plans, ****tier customer service!
    Mike (FOOmanJEW) Jaret-Schachter
    Running With Scissors
    Producer
    www.runningwithscissors.com
    www.twitter.com/mikejaret
  6. #6  
    It's why they leaked it that they're going to get the PRe, tho' some may parse the words to mean something other than that. Talking with my friendly VZW rep a bit, they admit the Storm was a failure in the sense that it was let out too early and there were HW and SW problems, hoping the version 2 solves the HW. So that didn't work. Unless you like WinMoHel, that's it. And my Centro of course!! So yes, I think the competition has finally made a difference here, and the horror of losing customers to Sprint made them speak out.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorro1 View Post
    It's why they leaked it that they're going to get the PRe, tho' some may parse the words to mean something other than that. Talking with my friendly VZW rep a bit, they admit the Storm was a failure in the sense that it was let out too early and there were HW and SW problems, hoping the version 2 solves the HW. So that didn't work. Unless you like WinMoHel, that's it. And my Centro of course!! So yes, I think the competition has finally made a difference here, and the horror of losing customers to Sprint made them speak out.
    and they will be losing me as a customer to sprint also, im not gonna sit on my arse and wait till 2010 to get a pre when by that time sprint will be releasing a pre 2.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorro1 View Post
    It's why they leaked it that they're going to get the PRe, tho' some may parse the words to mean something other than that. Talking with my friendly VZW rep a bit, they admit the Storm was a failure in the sense that it was let out too early and there were HW and SW problems, hoping the version 2 solves the HW. So that didn't work. Unless you like WinMoHel, that's it. And my Centro of course!! So yes, I think the competition has finally made a difference here, and the horror of losing customers to Sprint made them speak out.

    "Failure" is relative. I returned my Storm after a week of frequent reboots. But, it's a great concept, and mostly needs an OS fix. the hardware is decent and it sold quite well. Now we have the Storm 2 to consider. I'm game for either the S2 or the Pre, on VZN. I can wait the 6 months or so to see them come to VZN.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Young HoV 718 View Post
    and they will be losing me as a customer to sprint also, im not gonna sit on my arse and wait till 2010 to get a pre when by that time sprint will be releasing a pre 2.
    Since you and most of us here haven't seen/used the Pre ourselves, you can't say for sure you will keep the Pre. I wouldn't drop VZN until after I got past the 30 day trial period with Sprint, just in case... For me, I get loyalty price break at VZN, which would make it dumb of me to jump ship AND cancel VZN before I knew the Sprint/Pre combo is worth the switch. Aren't you taking a lot for granted, at this point??
  10. Xyg
    Xyg is offline
    Xyg's Avatar
    Posts
    1,104 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    #10  
    LOL @ the Storm. What a fiasco that thing has been. $10 says they don't even fix the glitchy accelerometer with the new software update.
  11. Gerorne's Avatar
    Posts
    506 Posts
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikejaret View Post
    i had a storm for 30 days...returned it fully unhappy....and now im LEAVING vzw after 9 yrs to get a pre....

    same call quality, cheaper plans, ****tier customer service!
    A bit off topic but I have to ask... how often are people talking to customer service!? I think I've talked to them once in the 6 or 7 years that I've had a cell phone. How often are other people talking to customer service that it makes that big of a deal?
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

    Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic

Posting Permissions