Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    LOL... Well guys... this will be my last update on this for awile I guess...

BGR just updated their review and is calling it Review: Part 1...

and wrote this..

"UPDATE: While we believe the OS the Palm Pre is running is the final retail OS, there’s still some stuff missing from it. Additionally, the hardware unit itself is 100% a retail unit, yet we weren’t able to test things like phone calling for obviously reasons (uh, you call this a review and you can’t test the damn phone?). We planned all along to actually do a more thorough review with a retail unit at release, just like we’re doing with the BlackBerry Tour 9630. But in the interest of being transparent, we figured we’d update this post and let you guys know that another entire review will be coming. Thanks!"

Might seem petty to some... but makes me feel alittle better...
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkalel View Post
    LOL... Well guys... this will be my last update on this for awile I guess...

BGR just updated their review and is calling it Review: Part 1...

and wrote this..

"UPDATE: While we believe the OS the Palm Pre is running is the final retail OS, there’s still some stuff missing from it. Additionally, the hardware unit itself is 100% a retail unit, yet we weren’t able to test things like phone calling for obviously reasons (uh, you call this a review and you can’t test the damn phone?). We planned all along to actually do a more thorough review with a retail unit at release, just like we’re doing with the BlackBerry Tour 9630. But in the interest of being transparent, we figured we’d update this post and let you guys know that another entire review will be coming. Thanks!"

Might seem petty to some... but makes me feel alittle better...
    It's funny how easy it is to add an update like that which entirely changes the context of the article following it for the better, isn't it?
  3. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    He changed the title to "Palm Pre Review: Part 1"
    I don't understand your post. ALL of the major reviews will be using the same units sent out weeks ago that Boy Genius used.

If that is "lazy reporting" by BGR, I hope you are prepared to make the same charge against CNET, ZDNET, Engadget, Gizmodo, WSJ, NYTimes, etc etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by mrkalel View Post
    So get these two responces from BGR in their comments section...
    ...pg 4

On May 29, 2009 @ 3:49 pm, The Boy Genius Said:

It’s not our fault Palm/Sprint didn’t send us a final review unit.

We managed to get our hands on one, and whatever it was, it was.

This is the most recent available OS as far as we’re aware.

and... pg 5

On May 29, 2009 @ 4:32 pm, The Boy Genius Said:

@FTWDUDE

Of course. Once we have a retail unit we were planning on revisiting everything.

Do you believe that crap?
    This is lazy LAZY reporting... they should have prefaced the "Review" with that... or now tell everyone that they knew they didn't have a final unit.... Jesus... they really let me down... very biased..

and BTW.. for the guy who said if we all know that the Pre isnt perfect... we all know that... but we expect honest & fair reporting....
  5. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    I don't understand your post. ALL of the major reviews will be using the same units sent out weeks ago that Boy Genius used.

If that is "lazy reporting" by BGR, I hope you are prepared to make the same charge against CNET, ZDNET, Engadget, Gizmodo, WSJ, NYTimes, etc etc etc.
    No, BGR obviously didn't get a unit from Palm. That's why they couldn't go into great detail; because they would reveal their source.

R > C > P
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456