Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Obviously not the final unit. No video's of the device in action. No mention of the media capabilities.

You can not like the phone, BGR, whatever. Just don't claim that this is a) a real review of b) the final product.
    it was a dummy model but the bestbuy rep said it's just like the real thing, and it felt like a real phone.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Yeah I wouldn't call this a review. It's more like just more detailed preview.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre_Dacunha View Post
    it was a dummy model but the bestbuy rep said it's just like the real thing, and it felt like a real phone.
    That's not those plastic cases with a sticker for a screen is it?
    Guys no reason to get upset, we have known for years not that BGR always favors the iphone.
  6. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    Guys no reason to get upset, we have known for years not that BGR always favors the iphone.
    This isn't about brand favoritism. It's about sloppy, misleading, and just plain poor tech reporting.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    I like the point that they got 2.5 hours of taking pics and stuff with the battery at 30%. That's sounding pretty good to me.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    ^^ What Xyg said. It's not journalism, it's not even responsible blogging.
    The only thing that most people here would have accepted is a 100 percent positive review. I think it was very fair. He didn't like the keyboard. Yet, he loved the OS and almost everything else.

You guys do realize that the Pre is not perfect, right?
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    The only thing that most people here would have accepted is a 100 percent positive review. I think it was very fair. He didn't like the keyboard. Yet, he loved the OS and almost everything else.

You guys do realize that the Pre is not perfect, right?
    You would call receiving a non-final release unit (without all the features), and only 30% battery life with no mention of call quality, multimedia capabilities, battery testing, etc as a full review? BGR claimed exclusive full review, but it clearly was not...this is not about the content which was mostly favorable except for editorializing about it not being an iPhone.
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzun View Post
    You would call receiving a non-final release unit (without all the features), and only 30% battery life with no mention of call quality, multimedia capabilities, battery testing, etc as a full review? BGR claimed exclusive full review, but it clearly was not...this is not about the content which was mostly favorable except for editorializing about it not being an iPhone.
    Yet if he loved it, you would not be complaining. You are upset because he found something to fault. Everybody needs to just relax.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlyn McKenzie View Post
    I didn't like the review (I especially laughed at how they say the Pre's screen is just a little bit worse than the iPhone, and thus "near perfection". Apparently the iPhone screen is perfection and you cannot do anything better, ever!), but I will say it's far better than their earlier review. Some of the complaints were legitimate, and they did find some nice things to say, but their comparison to the iPhone as if it is the holy grail is disconcerting.
    I know I laughed there too. Stupid BGR, trying to be all subliminal.
    Treo 650p --> Treo 755p --> Pre
    Yet if he loved it, you would not be complaining. You are upset because he found something to fault. Everybody needs to just relax.
    No. It looks like most of the people are complaining about the review being incomplete. Some people even mentioned that it's not the negatives that they don't like about the review.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    Nope if he loved it but wrote that kind of review I would still say he is a dumas$ as that is not a review. That's like me stoping at sprint and playing around with it for 5 minutes.
    I have to say I am worried about the whole plsticy feel allot of people keep mentioning.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Been waiting yesterday & today for that review and yeah, it was kind of a letdown after reading it just now... sort of like BGR Lite if you ask me.

His comments about the keyboard and the "plasticky" feel do concern me a bit after being spoiled for the last 2 years by the iPhone (I'm one of those freaks who isn't bothered by the lack of a hardware keyboard). I really wanted a Blackberry Bold until I held it in my hand, and my enthusiasm flew away for the same reason (felt cheap in my hand). We'll see soon enough!
    I felt it was a fairly positive review since it really sounded like he didn't want to like it in the first place. It's quite a turn around for an Apple iPhone fanboi.

Then again, I am the kind of person who sees this economic meltdown as an opportunity for growth...
    It's plastic so umm...

Are you expecting a metal feel? A glass feel?
    If the review had been 100% positive, and if it was thorough enough to be deemed a "review", then of course we would have nothing to complain about

If you actually read people's responses in this thread, people are upset that they're calling this a review, and failed to mention KEY ASPECTS of the phone.

I know it's always fun to be the devil's advocate, have the "opposite" view, and pretend like you're the calm one. But take some time to read people's responses to realize what they're actually mad about.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    so he published an unfinished review of an unfinished phone. Fantastic work there big guy.

I dont know what kind of a budget he's working on but his photographer also needs to be fired. I could do better with a point and shoot and a desk lamp.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast