Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Do you thing June 6th will be similar to the first day the iPhone and iPhone 3G were released? Okay, I doubt you'll have lines stretching around the block but do you think lines at the Sprint store will be out the door?

Alternatively, do you think I can just stroll into a Sprint store at 7pm on June 6th and walkout with a Pre with no line waiting. I guess you can tell I'm not paitent which is why I never got an iPhone or a Wi.
    im wondering the same exact thing except im getting it at bestbuy but im wondering if i have to really be their 4 hrs b4 they open but i def dont want to risk it so im showing up early .. cant take any chances their might be people out their that want it just as bad as you and since theirs only a few alot of people cant take that chance
    Quote Originally Posted by Agibbs996 View Post
    Do you thing June 6th will be similar to the first day the iPhone and iPhone 3G were released? Okay, I doubt you'll have lines stretching around the block but do you think lines at the Sprint store will be out the door?

Alternatively, do you think I can just stroll into a Sprint store at 7pm on June 6th and walkout with a Pre with no line waiting. I guess you can tell I'm not paitent which is why I never got an iPhone or a Wi.
    You have 2 choices: give it a try and see how much of a line there is, or just wait a few days and avoid the hassle. Your choice. No crystal balls to know how busy any particular Sprint outlet will be on day 1.
    Outside of these forums, how many people actually know/care about the Pre launch? I'm guessing not many. Nobody I talk to has a clue about it. Here's the last thing I heard from a friend who asked about my BlackBerry when I told him I might get the Pre:

"Is it another kind of BlackBerry? A new model?"

Folks just don't know about it. Apple had the masses whipped up into a frenzy a month before the iPhone dropped, and the media blitz started even before that. The Pre is looking almost like a stealth launch. The only ads I've seen for it have been on the side bar of my Hotmail page, and they share that space with some dental treatment and a weight loss product.
    There will be no major Iphone lines. BUT there will probally be a good 10+ people waiting. My concern is how long it will take . My Sprint has 3 registers. 3 people at a time. With the speech they have to give and every time I go there they have data transfered from one phone to the next etc. It couild be a slow turnover. Like 6-9 people every hour.
    But since most Sprint stores ( from reading the other threads) will have 50sih Pre's I doubt they will sell out Sat morning. None of the stores near me expect 50 people in the mornign, maybe 50 the whole weekend possible.
    I still know nobody but me who cares about the Pre. Most still have no clue due to Palm/Sprint not advertising it. Most of my colleges, friends and family memebers are either Iphoners OR Crackberrys. they just are loyal. Guess like I have been loyal to Palm.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Apple's was chaotic but it was organized. Everyone in line knew exactly what they were getting, what their price would be and what plan they needed so it moved quickly. And in the end, every customer walked out with a phone.

Sprint/Palm will be chaotic but it's more because of how sloppily they've handled everything. Most people don't follow things as closely as us so there will be a lot of people confused by plan requirements, their phone discounts and phone purchase limitations. And in the end then after all the waiting then they may still get turned away due to low inventory.

This has "mess" written all over it and it's a shame because this is Sprints big chance and they may blow it if they **** off their potential customers.
    Last edited by Urkel; 05/29/2009 at 01:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
    Outside of these forums, how many people actually know/care about the Pre launch? I'm guessing not many. Nobody I talk to has a clue about it. Here's the last thing I heard from a friend who asked about my BlackBerry when I told him I might get the Pre:

"Is it another kind of BlackBerry? A new model?"

Folks just don't know about it. Apple had the masses whipped up into a frenzy a month before the iPhone dropped, and the media blitz started even before that. The Pre is looking almost like a stealth launch. The only ads I've seen for it have been on the side bar of my Hotmail page, and they share that space with some dental treatment and a weight loss product.
    I still can't believe the mind-boggling long line outside the Apple store in San Jose when the iPhone 3G hit. the line extended OUTSIDE the mall! If only those folks had waited a day or two, they wouldn't have had to wait hardly at all, to get an iPhone. I couldnt suppress a derisive grin, nor did my wife, as we walked past the lemmings. It's not like the phones were being given away. Herd mentality, I suppose. Not my style.
    Only dilemma I'm really having is whether to get it through a Sprint store, paying the $299-$100 MIR or going to Best Buy and paying $199.
    I'm leaning toward a Sprint store and hoping most people who know about and are considering purchasing a Pre won't get up early enough to be at the Sprint store by 8am. Whereas Bust Buy opens at 10am which most will find a more convenient time plus might prefer to not have to deal with the MIR.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  9.    #9  
    Outside of these forums, how many people actually know/care about the Pre launch?
    That's what I was thinking as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agibbs996 View Post
    That's what I was thinking as well.
    C'mon guys, there must be at least 15 people outside the Pre forums that have heard about it.
    I just wish Sprint would make things better for everybody by:
    1) Having enough stock available on release day.
    2) Allow purchases via tele-sales.
    3) Tell all of us what the heck their plan is!!! ...Fri the 5th or not Fri. the 5th, tele-sales or not, mail-in rebate or not, only a few units available at B.B. and Radio Shack or plenty, etc.,etc.,etc!!!

I've been waiting since I saw all the hype at CES and I have a feeling there will be a lot of people who will feel like they got burned on June 7th when they wake up without a Pre!
    Outside of these forums, how many people actually know/care about the Pre launch?
    Not much, your right.

I don't think it will be like an Apple launch at all. I am putting my guess at maybe at the most a 50 person line at Sprint stores.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Apple also advertised before the launch. As of now...nothing from Palm/Sprint. (And I don't count the picture of the Pre in the "Now Network" ads)
    Well I mean iPhone's could only be purchased at Apple Stores on day 1 correct? And there are a lot more Sprint stores than Apple...

Unless I'm totally off.
    Treo 650p --> Treo 755p --> Pre
    My local Best Buy told me that they have gotten a lot of calls about the Pre and that some people have said they're going to camp out. She didn't know if they actually would or not but suggested I arrive at BB around 8ish and wait till they open at 10.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." —L. Ron Hubbard
    Nice title.
    I've said this on other threads. My closest Sprint corp. store is a 45 minute drive.
    My plan is to get up at 5 a.m. and get out of the house by 5:15 (Hey, I gotta take a shower) and be there by 6 a.m.
    If there is no one in line or less than 5, I will go to a Tim Horton's around the corner and get an extra large coffee.
    Then, I will go back and pull out a foldable lawn chair, my Treo 700p, fire up the Slingbox and watch the sun rise.
    Hopefully, the 2 hours will pass fast and there'll be some cool people to make it fun.
    But damn, I will get a Palm Pre at 8 a.m. on June 6.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    C'mon guys, there must be at least 15 people outside the Pre forums that have heard about it.
    Yes, but they're all on the iPhone forum and said they really weren't interested.
    im hoping it is not going to be any lines... my corporate sprint store has 5 registers... so that is 5 @ a time.... will there be a line i hope not, but i will take a drive by there sometime this weekend to see what the plans are for next weekend... i do know an associate that works @ the mall and he may or may not give me some info... so i may just pass by there today and see what it do
    if the shortages are real, then they shouldn't advertise, they will just look bad. and neither of them need this.

i dont think it will be crazy like the iphone, after all we arent fanbois. that doesnt mean everyone who wants one will get one on the 6th.

i will ask a favor for those in the nyc area. can you all wait until 10am to start heading for your nearest sprint/best buy?

i want to get one b4 my trip. i deserve to considering my long lasting loyalty to hadspring palm. bvd, prism, visor phone, 270, 600, 650, 680 (2 of these) and now the centro.

Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast