Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    I just spoke with a friend, Sprint is keeping the mail in rebate, they received all the info and paperwork on it today during their staff meeting.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    I guess I'll be camping outside of Best Buy.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Reaper View Post
    I just spoke with a friend, Sprint is keeping the mail in rebate, they received all the info and paperwork on it today during their staff meeting.

Just Mail it in!!!!

What's the difference - obviously people forget - but if you are this excited about the phone, and you know that it should only cost you $199 - then MAIL IT IN THAT DAY!

I honestly don't get why people have an issue with mailing it in. Fill out the form, copy your receipt, and send it away - it's your money that you're pissing away if you do not mail it in! and take a picture of everything you fill out so you can prove that you did it, if for some reason they ever say that you filled it out incorrectly (this has never ever happened to me, and I bet I have successfully filled out/received about 30 different MIRs)
    what's the big hang up people have with the MIR? it's not like they are charging $100 more for the phone. is the TMV on $100 going to kill anybody??? buy the phone, mail the rebate and be done with it. what is the big deal? for those that fail to mail it, consider it a tax on the stupid.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    I dont care about the extra $100, your going to get it back. I was just giving everyone the info.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    what's the big hang up people have with the MIR? it's not like they are charging $100 more for the phone. is the TMV on $100 going to kill anybody??? buy the phone, mail the rebate and be done with it. what is the big deal? for those that fail to mail it, consider it a tax on the stupid.
    The loss of $0.001 of interest that I would have accrued if that money were in my savings account WILL kill me.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Every time I've upgraded and had to deal with the MIR I've been screwed by the rebate department. For some reason or another they would always reject it at first. So rather than taking 10-14 weeks to get my rebate it has ranged from 16-24 weeks because I have to call in and appeal the rejection! I hate when companies make consumers do work. Do you ever bag your own groceries if there isn't a bagger? I don't because I'm not getting paid to do it. I know it only takes a few minutes out of your life, but time is money.
    Quote Originally Posted by matt351 View Post
    Every time I've upgraded and had to deal with the MIR I've been screwed by the rebate department. For some reason or another they would always reject it at first. So rather than taking 10-14 weeks to get my rebate it has ranged from 16-24 weeks because I have to call in and appeal the rejection! I hate when companies make consumers do work. Do you ever bag your own groceries if there isn't a bagger? I don't because I'm not getting paid to do it. I know it only takes a few minutes out of your life, but time is money.
    i can tell you have a bad attitude.

1. 99% of rebate snafus are due to user error. look within.
    2. yes - i bag my own groceries - whether there's a bagger or not. but that's my personality - i'm not a lazy slacker - which is probably why i'm successful in life. and i don't complain about trivial, easily solved matters either.
    I was just about to post the same thing. I'm going to be at the beach that Saturday so I just called the Sprint store there and got on the notification list. He said they will probably have 10 devices and already have 7 people on the list. If I don't get one then I'm not too ticked off. I'll just have to get one of the second batch.

I talked to the guy on the phone for a while and he said they were definitely not getting rid of the rebates. It sucks and he hates it but they save money due to the percentage of folks who don't claim the rebates properly. That said, he claimed that over the past 6 months the rebate process has improved dramatically and it was like night and day.

If I get the call Saturday morning at the beach and can drag my hung-over *** to the Sprint store, I may just say eff-it and pay the extra $100 and send in the rebate.
    Quote Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
    I was just about to post the same thing. I'm going to be at the beach that Saturday so I just called the Sprint store there and got on the notification list. He said they will probably have 10 devices and already have 7 people on the list. If I don't get one then I'm not too ticked off. I'll just have to get one of the second batch.

I talked to the guy on the phone for a while and he said they were definitely not getting rid of the rebates. It sucks and he hates it but they save money due to the percentage of folks who don't claim the rebates properly. That said, he claimed that over the past 6 months the rebate process has improved dramatically and it was like night and day.

If I get the call Saturday morning at the beach and can drag my hung-over *** to the Sprint store, I may just say eff-it and pay the extra $100 and send in the rebate.
    what's this list you speak of?
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by matt351 View Post
    WOW, won't bag your own groceries? That is what life has come to? People think they are too good to bag groceries, what's next people to cut your meat? wipe your ***? That sickens me that people feel so entitled.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    i can tell you have a bad attitude.

1. 99% of rebate snafus are due to user error. look within.
    2. yes - i bag my own groceries - whether there's a bagger or not. but that's my personality - i'm not a lazy slacker - which is probably why i'm successful in life. and i don't complain about trivial, easily solved matters either.
    I don't usually get to involved in web banter, but your response is uncalled for. Every error involving a MIR has been due to my corporate discount which is not uncommon for many Sprint customers. I too am not a lazy slacker. I am working on my PhD in Econ. and teaching high school students. The comment about the groceries was to show that consumers should not have to do the work when they are shopping or purchasing. I'm glad you are successful in life and I hope your success continues, but please do not insult others for their differing opinions.
    Last edited by matt351; 05/31/2009 at 03:42 PM. Reason: used "too" instead of "to"
    what's this list you speak of?
    I assume it's what others are talking about. The Sprint guys will be glad to take your name and number so they can call you when the phones are available. It's not a guarantee or anything but it makes sense for a commissioned sales person to do it. I used to take contact info all the time back when I sold cell phones at Radio Crap Shack way back in the day.
    The last MIR I did with Sprint (fall '08) only took three weeks to arrive. It has gotten better.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  15. faz
    yes but there is always chances rem we still have 7 days to go
    Quote Originally Posted by faz View Post
    yes but there is always chances rem we still have 7 days to go
    Just saying the employees have gotten all the info and paperwork. There's no way they are going to reorganize all of that now.
    The only problem I see is if someone wants to return the phone within the 30-day period. If the UPC code is cut out, they will not accept the return.

Just something to keep in mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
    It's not a guarantee or anything but it makes sense for a commissioned sales person to do it. I used to take contact info all the time back when I sold cell phones at Radio Crap Shack way back in the day.
    They're selling the phones regardless of any list, so their commission is set, whether the people in the list get the phones or not.

Lists are bunk, sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by slivkjs View Post
    Just Mail it in!!!!

What's the difference - obviously people forget - but if you are this excited about the phone, and you know that it should only cost you $199 - then MAIL IT IN THAT DAY!

I honestly don't get why people have an issue with mailing it in. Fill out the form, copy your receipt, and send it away - it's your money that you're pissing away if you do not mail it in! and take a picture of everything you fill out so you can prove that you did it, if for some reason they ever say that you filled it out incorrectly (this has never ever happened to me, and I bet I have successfully filled out/received about 30 different MIRs)
    Whats the difference?? Well, lets see. You have to bring extra cash (like $100 extra per phone) to Sprint just to get the phone. Not exactly small potatoes these days to cough up that extra dough.

Also, you have a RIDICULOUSLY long wait until you actually get your rebate money back.

Maybe if they could process it in a couple weeks instead of a couple months & also make it easier to do, it wouldnt be a big deal. But of course that wouldnt discourage people from sending the stupid things in.

Get it now?
    You can bill it to your account, if you don't have a spending limit.
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Actually, you pay unnecessary sales tax on the extra $100 so its more like $7 to $10. But your state and local government probably need the money so you shouldn't feel bad about it.
    I don't think it matters whether it's instant or not. I think you're still charged the extra sales tax. Cell phone companies have been doing this for a long time and I bet a lot of people don't even notice.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast