Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    I just spoke with "my" spring guy and he said that during their 6am "pre" meeting they where told that anyone trying to activate a Pre on a discount or employee account will be deactivated. Bad news for me, I am on his employee discount account and was planning on buying a pre...
    Bad news for you, irrelevant news for the majority of us.

Still, tough break!
    What do you mean it will be deactivated. That doesn't make any sense.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    What do you mean it will be deactivated. That doesn't make any sense.
    sounds like you'll be canned, fired, terminated, done away with, ....
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    If you call to activate it they wont allow it, if you do it online sprint is going shut the account down.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    sounds like you'll be canned, fired, terminated, done away with, ....
    Yeah dont want to see a friend fired just so I can get a pre. I guess I have to give my $15 everything account to get one... gggrrrrrr
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Reaper View Post
    If you call to activate it they wont allow it, if you do it online sprint is going shut the account down.
    Huh? That'd be a total deal breaker for me. I have a 27% discount through my Employer(Wells Fargo) and you're saying if I buy a Pre, I don't get said discount?
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beret9987 View Post
    Huh? That'd be a total deal breaker for me. I have a 27% discount through my Employer(Wells Fargo) and you're saying if I buy a Pre, I don't get said discount?
    No, that's not what he's saying at all.
    no you are fine, this guy works for a cell company selling Pres
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzun View Post
    No, that's not what he's saying at all.
    Phew. He did say a discount OR employee account. I consider my account one with a discount
    Nope - that's not what was said.

Regular customers will still get their discounts (by listing their employer on their account).

This post was about Employees of sprint - trying to activate a Pre on their own accounts - they want the regular customers to get one first, before employees take them. Who do you think will have their hands on the in-stock Pre's before you get to the store at 8am (the employees!) and they could easily tuck a few away, so that they could save one for themselves.
    This is slowly turning into Forums.SprintCentral.net...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Phew. He did say a discount OR employee account. I consider my account one with a discount
    I would think it should have only been employee, maybe even a sero account.

but they have told employees not to buy the phone for a couple months I think.
    Actually, that sound like exactly what he's saying. Not sure if thats what he means, because that would make zero sense.

EDIT- Never mind!

"I wish my lawn were goth, so it would cut itself." -unknown
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slivkjs View Post
    Nope - that's not what was said.

Regular customers will still get their discounts (by listing their employer on their account).

This post was about Employees of sprint - trying to activate a Pre on their own accounts - they want the regular customers to get one first, before employees take them. Who do you think will have their hands on the in-stock Pre's before you get to the store at 8am (the employees!) and they could easily tuck a few away, so that they could save one for themselves.
    He is correct, regular discounted accounts are fine, friends and family of sprint employees are screwed.
    Oooh ok that's what I was concerned about I get a 27% discount through my employer and this would be a deal braker for me if they canceled that.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    This is slowly turning into Forums.SprintCentral.net...
    It's been that way since it first started. The forum is about Pre's. Pre's are offered through only one carrier - Sprint.

I'd understand the complaint if they were talking about a different phone on Sprint. They're not. It's all about the Pre, and its only current carrier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    I would think it should have only been employee, maybe even a sero account.

but they have told employees not to buy the phone for a couple months I think.
    In Kansas they told me they had to wait 3 months. May have been incorrect info however.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    That is actually good new for the rest of us...
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if you are planning on getting one of the "everything" plans with your pre, then no corporate discounts apply. I saw a listing of the available plans on this site somewhere that stated that and called my corporate sprint rep to verify.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast