Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I like the changes. I just hope that something like the little freeware ap 'Keycaps 600' becomes available (works on 600 through 755). It makes getting to the main alternate key near instant, and an easy one hand operation.
    So, if the ALT key is gone how do you type letters with accents? I sometimes write in French so I need .

NEVER MIND: Press the SYM key and then the letter. SYM+e gets you to . See pg. 65 of the User Guide.
    Last edited by Jeff DLB; 05/29/2009 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Found the answer.
    Palm user since 1999-04-16: III > IIIx > Vx > Sony N610c > SJ33 > Treo 650 GSM > Centro CDMA
    Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    This kicks the crap out of Apple...such a PITA to type in an email address on my Touch!! I love the dedicated @.
    Phone: 700p > Pre
    PMP: Archos 605 (30GB) and iPod Touch (16GB)
    One very slick feature of copy/paste/cut is when you hold the gesture area with your finger, the center button lights up to let you know you've activated it and then press the corresponding letter for copy, paste or cut to activate that function.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    One very slick feature of copy/paste/cut is when you hold the gesture area with your finger, the center button lights up to let you know you've activated it and then press the corresponding letter for copy, paste or cut to activate that function.
    VERY nice! If I recall, you've got hands on experience, right? I appreciate that insight.

Like others have mentioned, I think Palm has put a LOT of thought into everything, coming up with stuff I wouldn't have thought of but will definitely appreciate.

As for the keyboard size, I love my 755p but find myself using my finger/thumbnails most of the time anyhow and rarely miss. Those trying to use the pads of their fingers may have trouble but I don't anticipate problems. And I've got fairly large hands. I don't necessarily like my wife's Centro but this is still the smiley and between the Centro and my 755p so I think it will be very liveable. Thanks again for the tip on the center button light.

Nathan
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12