Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 39
  1.    #1  
    Ok so before I get slammed on this site I want to mention I'm a SERO sprint customer and I will be upgading my plan to get the PRE. I totally love the phone but reading through the forums and user reviews I wanted to start a forum with stuff the Pre is lacking. Also please list what you think if a program or a patch will be available for the problem.

    My List.
    Unable to save files/pictures from the browser. (I assume a hack to do this will be out within a week)
    Unable to change sms/e-mail notifications. Ringtone only. (I assume there will be a program to do this very quicky)
    Yesterday we found out only a dozen apps available at lunch. (This really sucks as I know on a previous poll people were expecting over 100 apps)
  2. #2  
    You'll certainly get slammed for not searching. There are already many threads (or forums as you put it) on this.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...-you-post.html
    Last edited by NachoB; 05/29/2009 at 09:35 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

    HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    Ok so before I get slammed on this site I want to mention I'm a SERO sprint customer and I will be upgading my plan to get the PRE. I totally love the phone but reading through the forums and user reviews I wanted to start a forum with stuff the Pre is lacking. Also please list what you think if a program or a patch will be available for the problem.

    My List.
    Unable to save files/pictures from the browser. (I assume a hack to do this will be out within a week)
    Unable to change sms/e-mail notifications. Ringtone only. (I assume there will be a program to do this very quicky)
    Yesterday we found out only a dozen apps available at lunch. (This really sucks as I know on a previous poll people were expecting over 100 apps)
    Yeah, when I have lunch, only a dozen appetizers really sucks!
  4. #4  
    I have seen articles written recently saying 50 apps at launch. Oh well, they will add quickly.
  5. #5  
    Shouldn't this type of thread wait until the phone is actually available and we have the facts?
  6. #6  
    you know what i wish the pre did?

    just show up on my night stand the morning of june 6th.

    geez, got wake up, take the train, find a print store that hopefully has the pre, buy it, charge it, and then use it.

    barbaric.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  7. #7  
    You know what sucks about the Pre? That I don't have one right now.
  8. TomD's Avatar
    Posts
    908 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    #8  
    Dude! You need to carry a laptop!
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
  9. #9  
    I think I am going to miss a lot of the control I have over my WM devices. I love the hardware and the OS of the Pre but I'm used to being able to change ringers, colors, skins, browse the file system, etc. Pre seems to be a compromise between totally locked-down and turnkey iPhone and tweaker's paradise WM or Android and that is probably for the best. I just know how much I am always improving my setup on my Touch Pro and I hope the Pre doesn't feel stifling after a week.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
    I think I am going to miss a lot of the control I have over my WM devices. I love the hardware and the OS of the Pre but I'm used to being able to change ringers, colors, skins, browse the file system, etc. Pre seems to be a compromise between totally locked-down and turnkey iPhone and tweaker's paradise WM or Android and that is probably for the best. I just know how much I am always improving my setup on my Touch Pro and I hope the Pre doesn't feel stifling after a week.
    It might even feel stifling after the first 30 minutes. I hear there are no font choices. that blows. also, I don't want a freaking GREEN keypad. gross. give me high contrast, like the Storm. lots of black, with white text, a bit of red here and there for the "badges", etc. I had green carpet back in the 70's. ICK. green is sickly.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
    Pre seems to be a compromise between totally locked-down and turnkey iPhone and tweaker's paradise WM or Android and that is probably for the best.
    I like being able to tweak my PalmOS device so perhaps I would be happier with Android than WebOS (I think the SDK is much more powerful also). I don't have any experiance with WM, lack of a decent email client has kept me away from that platform.
  12. #12  
    small Keyboard + Very limited memory = makes soohearlessss something something.....*the simpsons* very disappointed
  13. Stihl's Avatar
    Posts
    741 Posts
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    #13  
    it's confirmed you cant save pics from the browser?
  14.    #14  
    Ya I don't understand the whole memory problem to me 8gb is plenty, the most I ever had on any phone was a sd card of 4gb and only used up about 1.5gb, I think putting to many songs clutters up the search for songs.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    it's confirmed you cant save pics from the browser?
    Ya D94 has confirmed there is no way to do it.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    it's confirmed you cant save pics from the browser?
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    Ya D94 has confirmed there is no way to do it.
    I question this confirmation. If viewing a picture in the browser, I wonder if holding your finger to the screen over the picture would produce a "Save Image" popup similar to what exists in PalmOS.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

    HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    It might even feel stifling after the first 30 minutes. I hear there are no font choices. that blows. also, I don't want a freaking GREEN keypad. gross. give me high contrast, like the Storm. lots of black, with white text, a bit of red here and there for the "badges", etc. I had green carpet back in the 70's. ICK. green is sickly.

    It's not green, it's moss, like on a river stone, a polished river stone. Apparently no font choices OR font sizes. I have asked twice recently and not received a response about this. I'm sure I read somewhere the Pre would have system wide font size adjust. It's a big deal to me and a real plus for the BB. iPhone lacks it too.
    Last edited by galavanter; 05/29/2009 at 11:04 AM.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by galavanter View Post
    It's not green, it's moss, like on a river stone, a polished river stone. Apparently no font choices OR font sizes. I have asked twice recently and not received a response about this. I'm sure I read somewhere the Pre had system wide font adjust. It's a big deal to me and a real plus for the BB. iPhone lacks it too.
    moss, green, slime, puke, mold, it looks gross to me.

    Agreed that there should be a lot more configurable items on the Pre. I'm sure it will sell decently, but it sure seems lacking in basics that you would have thought the designers would have included. I like the basic idea of the how it multitasks, but it sure isn't anywhere near "perfect" for all smartphone users. AAMOF, I think the multitasking and cards metaphor is really it's only saving grace. I was surprised at the lack of "depth" of settings, when I looked at the User Guide (or User Manual).
  19. #19  
    ^lol

    Yeah and I agree the cards are cool and a damn fast way to multitask. But my BB multitasks and does so much more. I've been using them (well only the original Curve and now the Flip) for a while, and though there is definitely a learning curve, I now don't want to give up the configurability.

    My tiny Flip, with it's BB OS (including system wide font adjust), is more than holding it's own with the Pre in my mind. Not to mention the keys (albeit SureType) are the largest of any BB and most phones out there.
  20. jayzun's Avatar
    Posts
    192 Posts
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    It might even feel stifling after the first 30 minutes. I hear there are no font choices. that blows. also, I don't want a freaking GREEN keypad. gross. give me high contrast, like the Storm. lots of black, with white text, a bit of red here and there for the "badges", etc. I had green carpet back in the 70's. ICK. green is sickly.
    keep the storm away from me...eww! Pre is modern, relevant, and stylish. Using a storm feels like using a terminal from 1994.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions