Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by galavanter View Post
    ^lol

Yeah and I agree the cards are cool and a damn fast way to multitask. But my BB multitasks and does so much more. I've been using them (well only the original Curve and now the Flip) for a while, and though there is definitely a learning curve, I now don't want to give up the configurability.

My tiny Flip, with it's BB OS (including system wide font adjust), is more than holding it's own with the Pre in my mind. Not to mention the keys (albeit SureType) are the largest of any BB and most phones out there.
    No offense but the reason you need to configure WM and BB so much is because they're painful to use out of the box! If the UI is designed right, you may want to tweak a few things but you don't need to. BB's multitask if you can call it that, but the OS is based off Java and hasn't changed much in 10 years. It's really quite terrible. They do business communication well but not much else, you can't even install applications onto an SD card, so you're stuck with 64mb of space or whatever it is now. Now THAT is limiting. You ever browsed the web on a blackberry? eww.
  2. faz
    luv Pre
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    If you're disappointed with the Pre then buy another phone. We want you to be happy.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    I'm concerned that there's no way to forward messages right now, although I have tremendous faith that Palm will be responding to lacking features on a regular basis until their future is not so much in doubt.

Text messaging groups, email groups, and contact groups are all conveniences that I would like to see on the phone.

Also, the phone seems to inherit the same issue that plagues the iPhone in regards to the internet and multiple cards- it reloads the page when you switch to a different card. I'm sick of it on the iPhone, and I'm not going to be any happier with it on the Pre. When I switch tabs in my regular browser, I'm not forced to reload the page, and I shouldn't be forced to on my phone browser- it sucks.

That is all. For now. <menacing_voice>But I'm watching you, Palm!!</menacing_voice>
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    I like being able to tweak my PalmOS device so perhaps I would be happier with Android than WebOS (I think the SDK is much more powerful also). I don't have any experiance with WM, lack of a decent email client has kept me away from that platform.
    Seriously? I tested the G1 for a few days but one main reason I kept my WM phone was that the Exchange support was terrible. I get emails on my Touch Pro before they hit my desktop a lot of the time and I have push email via Exchange and IMAP access to Gmail. The email/calendar/contacts integration has always been one of my favorite things about WM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzun View Post
    No offense but the reason you need to configure WM and BB so much is because they're painful to use out of the box! If the UI is designed right, you may want to tweak a few things but you don't need to. BB's multitask if you can call it that, but the OS is based off Java and hasn't changed much in 10 years. It's really quite terrible. They do business communication well but not much else, you can't even install applications onto an SD card, so you're stuck with 64mb of space or whatever it is now. Now THAT is limiting. You ever browsed the web on a blackberry? eww.
    No offense taken but I am used to one button push (the mssgs icon is usually already highlighted) to get to my integrated inbox. I do this all day long, every day.

I like the message indicator a lot and would miss it.

I like being able to choose different notification options.

I'm just a happy end user and can't argue OS architecture with you but I want to change the gd font size!

I would like to be able to install apps on my Flips 4gb sd card. It accepts an sd card.
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    If you're disappointed with the Pre then buy another phone. We want you to be happy.
    I already have another phone. Now let the adults talk jewel.
    Quote Originally Posted by faz View Post
    luv Pre
    Pre love you faz
    It's funny how some of us are complaining about certain features (or lack of) BEFORE EVEN USING THE PHONE!

I guess it's ok to speculate on what features it may or may not have, but to get your panties in bunch (been waiting to use that expression around here in a while ) over this is, well "rediculous".
    Quote Originally Posted by faz View Post
    luv Pre
    You don't even own a Pre yet, but you love it? Isn't that a bit PREmature?
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by galavanter View Post
    I already have another phone. Now let the adults talk jewel.
    You're being rude. I am not talking to you. I am talking to the OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    It's funny how some of us are complaining about certain features (or lack of) BEFORE EVEN USING THE PHONE!

I guess it's ok to speculate on what features it may or may not have, but to get your panties in bunch (been waiting to use that expression around here in a while ) over this is, well "rediculous".
    The user guide is out and in the boxes. We are not speculating for the most part. What is ridiculous is not being able to have an intelligent discussion about the pluses and minuses of the Pre's announced features without a "bunch of pansies" throwing cheap shots.
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzun View Post
    keep the storm away from me...eww! Pre is modern, relevant, and stylish. Using a storm feels like using a terminal from 1994.

Style is in the eye of the beholder. while the phone looks ok to me, the color scheme reeks. How easy is it going to be to see the screen outdoors on a sunny day without resorting to a high contrast scheme like on the Storm? besides, green is just ickky, IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    Style is in the eye of the beholder. while the phone looks ok to me, the color scheme reeks. How easy is it going to be to see the screen outdoors on a sunny day without resorting to a high contrast scheme like on the Storm? besides, green is just ickky, IMO.
    Even if that green is your favorite color. We should be allowed to change it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    Jewel. 5 yard penalty. Uncalled-for rudeness.

Engage.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    All of those things will be taken care of in a matter of time so this thread is pointless.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    All of those things will be taken care of in a matter of time so this thread is pointless.
    So how come you are posting to a "pointless" thread?? Do you always disparage yourself, when you disparage others? <g>
    Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    So how come you are posting to a "pointless" thread?? Do you always disparage yourself, when you disparage others? <g>
    Yep.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Yep.
    Cool. honesty is always the best policy.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12