1.    #1  
    Palm's Pre: More (and Less) Than an iPhone - Business Center - PC World

While the Android-based Pre will have a multitasking leg up on Apple at its June 6 introduction, Apple could knock another leg out from under the new smartphone even before the Pre launches.

Oops! So much for fact-checking!
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    WTF?
    Wow that's really embarrassing.
    What an *****.
    While a mistake like that is unbelievable, I agree with the author on one part. It might be tough to sell the benefits of multitasking to non technical people.
    Seriously an *****. His Twitter page - linked at the end of the article - ends any doubt. Obviously likes tooting his own horn quite a bit...
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
    actually, android has been ported to the pre. So, in a sense, he is correct. still an ***** non the less though. haha
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Linux >> Android
    &
    Linux >> WebOS

So he probably got confused and thought Android == Linux.
    Quote Originally Posted by haydur View Post
    Linux >> Android
    &
    Linux >> WebOS

So he probably got confused and thought Android == Linux.
    Then he should not be writing articles on the subject.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    I wrote to him on his web page contact form - following is what I sent him.

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscente...an_iphone.html

Your article states

"While the Android-based Pre will have a multitasking leg up on Apple at its June 6 introduction"

Android is a mobile operating system written by Google. It will be powering a lot of smart phones, but does not power the Pre.

The Pre is powered by WebOS. WebOS was written by palm to replace their aging (classic?) PalmOS (Garnett).

While Android and WebOS both run on a GNU/Linux underpinning - they are NOT the same thing. To call them the same, would be calling a motorcycle and a garbage truck the same, since they have an engine and tires.

Oh, and lose the reset button on your contact form. If someone can't clear 4 fields, they're too lazy to be on the web anyway. It would cut down on mistakes made by jerks like me - who had written a much better version what I'd already written - and then tabbed once, and hit the space bar.

Thanks
    Looks like he fixed it...

[NOTE: Thank you to all who pointed out the mistype of "Android-based" rather than "WebOS-based". Obviously this was an embarrassing error.]