Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitman View Post
    Hmm. What's the url for the separate contacts page? The only way I know to get at the contacts on my google account is using the link on the gmail page.

Edit: answered above question using (wait for it...) a Google Search.

https://mail.google.com/mail/contacts/ui/ContactManager

But I don't see a birthday field in my contacts, even on that page. Sometimes google rolls out new features gradually; maybe i just don't have it yet.
    Nah, it's even easier than that: google.com/contacts.
    I actually tried to post the link, only to be informed that I hadn't post *****'d the requisite number of time to post a link. thanks crogs571
    don't worry, I post enough for a few people at times.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by redbirdie View Post
    I'm following this and looking for "Preparing for the Pre" stuff too.
    Last week I began migrating all my contacts to a new Google account.
    Yesterday I played around with Google calendar for the first time and I'm pleasantly surprised at it's capabilities.

Just to clarify, do you mean to a separate Google calendar just for birthdays, anniversaries etc? (sorry, I'm still learning)
    I've used gmail for a while but just starting to use the calendar. So still learning, but what I did was create a new calendar in my google account called birthdays and just set all my family's birthdays on that. That way if I just want to filter on birthdays, I can just view that calendar.

Whether that is the best method, not sure, but seems to work for me.
    google rules!
    @->----
    Palm Treo 755p
    O'Doyle ruled too. And you know what happened to that family...
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    O'Doyle ruled too. And you know what happened to that family...
    THAT sir, was awesome.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    There's a field for Birthdays and (I believe) Anniversaries in the Pre Contacts app.
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12