1.    #1  
    Hi All

Assuming I will not be able to get my hands on a Palm Pre on the June 6th release date due to the limited stock, does anyone know typically how long it will take for the next shipment to Sprint stores? Days? Weeks?
    I don't think anyone (including the sprint store employees) really knows. I've heard various numbers from days to weeks to possibly months. It changes depending on who you ask, when, where, and the alignment of the planets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlyn McKenzie View Post
    I don't think anyone (including the sprint store employees) really knows. I've heard various numbers from days to weeks to possibly months. It changes depending on who you ask, when, where, and the alignment of the planets.
    I thought I remembered reading as part of the D7 announcements that Pre's were shipping to sprint Stores now, and will be arriving constantly. Is it likely that they are getting just ONE shipment of Pre's... or will they continue to build and build them to keep up with demand? How can a company just make a few 100,000 of them and then stop shipments? It would be in their best interest to get them shipped as soon as they are manufactured. (In my opinion, and from a customer stand-point - keep em coming!)
    Assuming full production from the factory in China (or wherever it is), I'd assume they'll be shipping out their products regularly. I doubt if it would be months or days, though. Guessing maybe 1-2 weeks, tops.

Especially if Sprint/Palm has an ad campaign coinciding with the launch. They'll need product on the shelves to build/sustain momentum.
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
    Another part of the equation I read, but don't recall where, is that they are shifting gears at the build factory to build the GSM version.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    During the D7 interview yesterday, they said the factory in China is now making daily shipments. That doesn't mean shipments to the stores will arrive daily once they get to the US, but hopefully no less than weekly.
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL