1.    #1  
    HI ALL,

I found this online by doing Googling "Verizon Palm Pre" The question now is, is it going to work on Verizon's new frequency or it's old frequency?

I have provided all of you to the links to the following two articles. I assume that Verizon leaked this BEFORE Sprint put the Palm Pre, up for sale!

Take care, Jay

Will You Wait for the Verizon Palm Pre?

Will You Wait for the Verizon Palm Pre?

Palm Pre news is everywhere each and every day as the launch of the phone gets nearer and dearer to our hearts. The biggest news today is easily the biggest Palm Pre news for a good while, as Reuters is reporting that Verizon has confirmed they will be getting the Palm Pre in “six months or so” after Sprint’s exclusivity expires.

Lowell McAdam of Verizon/ Vodafone also told Reuters that they would be carrying RIM’s BlackBerry Storm 2 and phones based on Google’s Android platform at that time. It looks like Verizon has decided to step up to the plate where hot smartphones are concerned.

The news of a Verizon Palm Pre may throw a wrench in the Sprint launch which is due in about a week. The weak Sprint network (and service) can be heard on forums as a major reason that some don’t think the Pre will sell as well at launch time as others. So how about it, will you now wait for a Verizon Pre? Or even the AT&T Pre since they would like to sell them too?

Verizon Wireless to carry Palm Pre, Storm 2 "in about six months"

Verizon Wireless to carry Palm Pre, Storm 2 "in about six months"
    by Darren Murph, posted May 28th 2009 at 12:18PM

Think you'll have to wait until June 6th for all the Pre surprises to emerge? Think again. A breaking Reuters report has just dropped one of the biggest cellular bombshells of the year: Verizon Wireless, America's largest mobile operator, will soon be carrying Palm's Pre. Oh, that's not enough? No worries -- it'll also be selling a "new version of the touchscreen BlackBerry Storm," which is obviously the Storm 2 that we've been toying around with. The report makes clear that both phones would be cleared for shipment in around six months, which certainly jibes with whispers we've heard about Sprint's mighty short exclusivity period. The news came from the company's Lowell McAdam, the top executive for the venture of Verizon Communications and Vodafone. To quote: "Over the next six months or so you will see devices like Palm Pre and a second generation Storm." First Sprint, then AT&T, and now Verizon? T-Mobile, where you at?
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Why wait for the Verizon Pre? Same network, higher cost!

Since Sprint roams on Verizon's network, why would Sprint's network be that much "weaker" than Verizon's??????

I wish that some of these so called "journalists" would do some research for once!

Sorry, Jay. Can't answer the frequency question. Unlike some members of the press, I prefer to actually know the answer to a question before I answer it! LOL!
  3.    #3  
    True about the cost, however, V will allow my g/f to call me off plan for free, however S will not. That is why we are on the same bill. It will be interesting to see if the lower cost data plan of Sprint's starts to hurt Verizon's bottom line, if they both sell the same phone. If V sees a drop in data users and sees both Sprint & ATT cutting into their Data plan, perhaps they will drop costs.

Even though the Iphone is a huge seller, V is signing more new clients than ATT is. However, that may change due to the Pre/Sprint also cutting into V's sales. Time will tell.

Sprint has god awful customer service and their tech people, often do not know what they are talking about. In addition, Sprint does not have a repair/service location in my county. The only one here in Lake ct. was transferred to Embarq, as part of Sprint's spin off of Embarq.

V has many more locations in my county and has serveral repair/service locations. In answer to your comment about S's service roaming on V's network. S's service does not work in my house V's does! When I was on Sprint, my Treo 600 and 650 NEVER switched to V's in my house. It just did not work.

I get free long distance in my home with Embarq's home service, however since my g/f does not have a land line her phone bill was huge, due to calling me. Therefore, we both went on the same plan/bill and now call for free. If I change to S that will make her bill stay the same but my cell calls to her will be huge!
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    The title is a bit misleading. I don't think 6 months is too close!
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Sprint has god awful customer service and their tech people, often do not know what they are talking about. In addition, Sprint does not have a repair/service location in my county. The only one here in Lake ct. was transferred to Embarq, as part of Sprint's spin off of Embarq.

V has many more locations in my county and has serveral repair/service locations. In answer to your comment about S's service roaming on V's network. S's service does not work in my house V's does! When I was on Sprint, my Treo 600 and 650 NEVER switched to V's in my house. It just did not work.

I get free long distance in my home with Embarq's home service, however since my g/f does not have a land line her phone bill was huge, due to calling me. Therefore, we both went on the same plan/bill and now call for free. If I change to S that will make her bill stay the same but my cell calls to her will be huge!
    I've had Sprint for over a decade, but I really can't comment about the customer service since I haven't had to talk with them (nor needed any repair services) for many years. I've heard it's much improved. Guess I'll find out when I call to switch my plan to a Simply Everything plan.

Did you have roaming on your plan when you were with Sprint? And how long ago were you with Sprint? I don't really know how far back the Sprint/Verizon roaming contract goes, so I couldn't tell you whether your experience predated the roaming relationship or not. I agree, though, that a good signal where you spend most of your time is crucial. Though with Sprint, you can always try and talk them into giving you a free femtocell!

For me, much of my calling is Sprint-Sprint, which is free on my plan. Won't matter much soon anyway, since I'm moving to an unlimited minutes/data plan.

In any case, there are certainly valid reasons to prefer one network over another. Depends on location, needs, and who you call the most. It just annoys me when some of these so called "journalists" don't do their research and state their often uninformed opinions as facts.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    What if "devices like the Palm Pre" just means the Eos?
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    Quote Originally Posted by CannonFodder View Post
    I wish that some of these so called "journalists" would do some research for
    I agree! It seems we have yet another example of irresponsible journalism. A falsehood masquerading as fact has somehow made its way into a reputable tech site.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." —L. Ron Hubbard
    It is only speculation that Verizon will get the pre and not some other WebOS device. Could have some ticked off Verizon customers that were considering jumping ship to Sprint for the pre and because of this speculation decided to wait.
    Honestly, who cares? They are GUARANTEED to screw it up somehow by crippling it and/or requiring some dumb Vcast BS.

Verizon may have the best network, but they are hands down the worst for phones. I dont even consider them an option...ever.

It actually amazes me they have the nerve to pull some of the stuff they've done over the years.