Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Why build up interest for a movie before it's released?

No offense. I respect you and your intelligence, but the answer to both questions is obvious.
    No it's not obvious. It makes no sense spending millions getting people whipped up and into stores to be upset at empty shelves. That pisses customers off.

To put it in terms you might understand - does it make sense to mass market a movie that's only playing in 20 theaters across the country?
    From the sidelines it looks like Sprint is totally botching the whole launch. A week left and nobody can figure out how to and who gets one?

New customers only? Premier customers? Super secret lists? Sprint stores only? Those that signed up for an email. June 5 or 6th? Rebate or not?

I realize that most of these things are based on rumors, but the way Sprint needs to deal with it is just to set one, crystal clear launch policy and tell us what the hell is going on. Like now.
    I think Sprint's starting up an ad campaign around the launch of the Pre - that way by the time the buzz catches on they have enough stock for people to get them without many shortages. They're launching the beginning of the Pre-centric ad campaign on June 3rd on Facebook (national TV a bit later) - if you're on facebook sign up here: See the Pre Ad
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    No it's not obvious. It makes no sense spending millions getting people whipped up and into stores to be upset at empty shelves. That pisses customers off.

To put it in terms you might understand - does it make sense to mass market a movie that's only playing in 20 theaters across the country?
    Condescension aside, it's not an apt analogy.

There have been plenty of examples of devices that consumers pursued despite "empty shelves." It's not a stretch to suggest that advertisements were a factor.

The Pre has had none.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123