Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 52
  1.    #1  
    So, many of you have said you don't want the Sprint store guy handling your phone before you do. I agree...but...are you really planning on just saying "OK, just hand me the box, here's the money", and then headin' out?

    Just wondering.
  2. #2  
    Why not! Just activate it and I am out, I don't really care about them teaching me how to use it. I figure it out just by playing with it.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by furreverdad View Post
    So, many of you have said you don't want the Sprint store guy handling your phone before you do. I agree...but...are you really planning on just saying "OK, just hand me the box, here's the money", and then headin' out?

    Just wondering.
    Actually, I want a Verizon employee to hand me my phone, about 6 months from now. sorry, couldn't resist that one!
  4. Drifter's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    #4  
    I plan on leaving with the box sealed and taking care of the setup myself in the privacy of my own home.
  5. #5  
    we probably know more about the phone than they do.
  6. #6  
    I'm planning on it. I don't trust Sprint to do it right and I don't want to deal with constantly correcting the rep.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by -Drifter- View Post
    I plan on leaving with the box sealed and taking care of the setup myself in the privacy of my own home.
    hmmmmmmmmn............sounds kinky. are you going to take your Pre out to dinner first at least?
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    we probably know more about the phone than they do.
    Aaaamen brother.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  9. #9  
    Screw ReadyNow, I have been ready since Jan.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by -Drifter- View Post
    I plan on leaving with the box sealed and taking care of the setup myself in the privacy of my own home.
    How do you know Big Brother isn't watching your home?
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    I'm planning on it. I don't trust Sprint to do it right and I don't want to deal with constantly correcting the rep.
    i thought you'd actually enjoy that - the constantly correcting the rep. you seem to love to do it around here.
  12. #12  
    I'm pretty sure having them set up the phone will take 10x's longer, considering how the employees currently know NOTHING about the phone. I think their only responses right now are.

    "The phone will be released June 6th"
    "Please go to sprint.com/palmpre for more information"
    "What is sprint premier?"
  13. #13  
    how long should this transaction realistically take from the moment your are helped by a sprint retail rep?

    grab phone from storage = 2 minutes
    program phone into system = 2 minutes
    pay with credit card = 2 minutes
    murphy's law/retail idiocy fudge factor = 4 minutes
    total 10 minutes????????

    tag it, bag it, and out the door...........

    ??????????????
  14. NBENZ's Avatar
    Posts
    79 Posts
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    we probably know more about the phone than they do.
    lol thats exactly how i felt going into the local sprint store last weekend
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by NBENZ View Post
    lol thats exactly how i felt going into the local sprint store last weekend
    so what do we tell them - "i know more than you do about the phone - just give me the damn box - don't even open it. no i don't want no damn ready now walk through set up. yes, i can handle it. hey i said - JUST GIVE ME THE DAMN BOX, MOFO!!!!!!!"
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by -Drifter- View Post
    I plan on leaving with the box sealed and taking care of the setup myself in the privacy of my own home.
    do they need to "activate" it though???????
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    i thought you'd actually enjoy that - the constantly correcting the rep. you seem to love to do it around here.
    sorry i just couldn't resist.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by furreverdad View Post
    do they need to "activate" it though???????
    you better get the ready now, pops. this ain't no jitterbug.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    you better get the ready now, pops. this ain't no jitterbug.

    Trust me, I do not need ReadyNow. I, like you, know more about the Pre then any of them do. I just assumed there was SOMETHING the Sprint store rep would have to do besides just hand you the box.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by furreverdad View Post
    Trust me, I do not need ReadyNow. I, like you, know more about the Pre then any of them do. I just assumed there was SOMETHING the Sprint store rep would have to do besides just hand you the box.
    Your right, they program it and then hand it to you.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions