Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Hey Sprint guy! Don't touch my birdie!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    we probably know more about the phone than they do.
    you are right about that. no one at sprint seems to know much, and if they do they all say different things. I will get mine activated there, but I will make sure I open the box.

Ok, lets say you let the sprint rep open the box. He is doing fine till the phone slips and falls maybe half-a-foot or so to the counter. Now, there is NO major damage but you notice an extremely small scuff/scratch. what do you do?
    I'm as much a "let me open and touch it myself" as the next guy, but imagine the horror of going home to find out your pre doesn't work, and then you go back to the store to find out that they're sold out??
    Quote Originally Posted by furreverdad View Post
    So, many of you have said you don't want the Sprint store guy handling your phone before you do. I agree...but...are you really planning on just saying "OK, just hand me the box, here's the money", and then headin' out?

Just wondering.

i will be taking a 3 hour train ride after I get it, if i get it. so, i think i will have the time to RTFM and get use to it.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    i will be taking a 3 hour train ride after I get it, if i get it. so, i think i will have the time to RTFM and get use to it.
    Why wait till then, read it now. Again and again and again.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    I will make sure it works before I leave and that is about it. I would want program contacts manually to learn all the cool features myself. Make sure it rings and calls otu and I can get voicemail and I will be happy.
    I actually called my local Sprint store last night with some questions about signing up with a corporate discount and also asked if it was required to go through ReadyNOW. The women I spoke with said that ReadyNOW is not required, but they will be setting up the Palm Profile at the store so it looks like unless you really fight it, the phone will be unboxed there.
    When Apple launched the iphone they had lots of problems getting the things to auto-provision because tens of thousands of people were creating accts at the same time. Brought down some servers and there were a lot of unhappy customers. This was on the TV news. Maybe Palm and Sprint learned something from that? It would be nice to know the device works before leaving the store. Of course, it's unlikely I'd be able to make it out of the parking lot before I had it up and running and my account at Palm opened.
    you know what? when i go buy my Pre on launch day, i'm going to be as rude and as short and as direct and as ice-cold business-like as the Sprint retail employees were with me when i had questions leading up to this launch.
    Nothing about the launch of this phone has been 'Ready Now' LOL
    Abso-friggin-lutely! If (and I hope we can!) we're giving the option to skip Ready Now (do you think we can also activate it ourselves, just to do the whole "unboxing ritual"** at home?), I am set to spend as little time as possible in the store.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    you know what? when i go buy my Pre on launch day, i'm going to be as rude and as short and as direct and as ice-cold business-like as the Sprint retail employees were with me when i had questions leading up to this launch.
    Yes, because it is exactly that poor schmuck's fault for your previous experiences.

You show'em Buster!
    I'll tell the Sprint guy 'I'm Ready Now' and walk out with the phone!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123