Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    they can get the ESN from the outside of the box and punch it into the computer. that's it.

of course they want to take the phone out and attempt to provide you some value added etc.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Your right, they program it and then hand it to you.
    Exactly, thank you. That's my experience from the last bazillion phones I've purchased.
    i swear...if a sprint rep takes the joy of unboxing the pre out of my hands i will be quite angry...they don't want to see me get angry.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    hmmmmmmmmn............sounds kinky. are you going to take your Pre out to dinner first at least?
    Actually Breakfast

Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    How do you know Big Brother isn't watching your home?
    Aw Crap...not again

Quote Originally Posted by furreverdad View Post
    do they need to "activate" it though???????
    Probably...

I'm thinking of bringing my 3 year old with me. If she has one of her tantrum moments, other people in line may push me to the front to get out of the store ASAP
    Even though I would want to get out of the store as soon as possible to start playing around with the phone, I can't but think that I might want to sit back (after I pay for my phone of course) and watch the crazy peeps like me react to the phone's release.
    I'd like to make sure it actually works before I leave the store.
    Just imagine copping an attitude with the Sprint rep, getting the box home and it's a dud.
    Then you have to bring it back, yikes!
    There is no way I would leave the store with out opening the box and powering up. I want to feel it, touch it, hold it before I walk out the store so if there is a problem I can do a exchange right then. What happen if went you get home there something wrong with your new baby(battery, screen, keyboard, etc...).

People don't be so anal about letting the Sprint rep. do their job and touch your new phone. The goal is to have a working phone went you leave the store.
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    I'd like to make sure it actually works before I leave the store.
    Just imagine copping an attitude with the Sprint rep, getting the box home and it's a dud.
    Then you have to bring it back, yikes!
    That's actually not a bad point. But I certainly don't want them setting up any accounts. I'm not giving them any user names or passwords!
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    I was out of state and had to get a replacement sent for my Treo 755p. It was at this point that I was considering going after the 800w so I thought perfect, I can sell a brand new in box 755p on eBay and recoup the purchase of the 800w. Wrong. Retail consultant insisted on setting it up despite me making up excuses that I was in a hurry. Consultant said "it will only take a minute." I don't think they want to hand out phones without having them setup for eBay sellers sake.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    we probably know more about the phone than they do.
    Sadly I think you are right about that.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I may even print out the pdf owners manual and bring it to the store in case they have questions I can answer for them
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    I dont really care if the guy activates it, transfer my contacts and tries to explain things to me. The joy is in using the phone not activating it. Well at least for me, and I sure as heck want to make sure it works before I leave the store.
    Quote Originally Posted by furreverdad View Post
    Trust me, I do not need ReadyNow. I, like you, know more about the Pre then any of them do. I just assumed there was SOMETHING the Sprint store rep would have to do besides just hand you the box.

I'm am a Sprint employee and I am actually an advocate for the Palm Pre I've been using it for a while now*(although it cant leave the store just yet)*I have been Using it almost everyday so don't think everyone who works for Sprint are idiots when it comes to information regarding the Pre. I've been lurking on this site for a while being under NDA doesn't really allow me to comment on much here but I will let you know that the trainings for the phone are rather in depth and are MUCH more than just those simple Sprint "webcast" that are posted on youtube.com. At my Sprint location we all are pretty well informed on the phone we just play dumb because we aren't allowed to say much other than sending all inquiries to sprint.com/palmpre or palm.com... And ready now isn't required but we are forced to do it because every customer is called to take a survey about their most recent visit to a sprint store, and Ready Now is one of the bigger factors of that survey our quota's and paychecks require us to meet a certain Ready Now percentage that I believe varies by district. I've probably said to much already!!!!
    We (on this forum) will know more than the avg Sprint employee. That is no disrespect to Sprint. We have just devoted more time and energy and probably have more history with these things.

I'll pay my money and walk out the door. They don't need to do anything for me but ensure that the phone is accepting calls and getting voicemail.
    Quote Originally Posted by oboroninja View Post
    I'm am a Sprint employee and I am actually an advocate for the Palm Pre I've been using it for a while now*(although it cant leave the store just yet)*I have been Using it almost everyday so don't think everyone who works for Sprint are idiots when it comes to information regarding the Pre. I've been lurking on this site for a while being under NDA doesn't really allow me to comment on much here but I will let you know that the trainings for the phone are rather in depth and are MUCH more than just those simple Sprint "webcast" that are posted on youtube.com. At my Sprint location we all are pretty well informed on the phone we just play dumb because we aren't allowed to say much other than sending all inquiries to sprint.com/palmpre or palm.com... And ready now isn't required but we are forced to do it because every customer is called to take a survey about their most recent visit to a sprint store, and Ready Now is one of the bigger factors of that survey our quota's and paychecks require us to meet a certain Ready Now percentage that I believe varies by district. I've probably said to much already!!!!
    Can you ask the Sprint powers that be to have you guys wear white gloves on June 6?
    Seriously, we appreciate what Sprint and Palm have done getting the Pre out, just understand we are rabid fans who are so close to the big day and with this avalanche of info, we are intoxicated with Pre fever.
    Bear with us.
    Handz Off my PrPrPr&#$275$;, $Dammit$!
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    After all the waiting and rumors and constant search for pre news, I will not hesitate to tell the sprint rep to not unbox my pre. They will not take away that joy from me
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    Can you ask the Sprint powers that be to have you guys wear white gloves on June 6?
    Seriously, we appreciate what Sprint and Palm have done getting the Pre out, just understand we are rabid fans who are so close to the big day and with this avalanche of info, we are intoxicated with Pre fever.
    Bear with us.
    HAHA +1

It will be the first Michael Jackson phone launch.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    I can't believe the threads we get. Nope, i don't need a seminar when i walk in. If there's a line, i'm sure those folks in it won't appreciate watching them either. You made the sale sprint, hand it out. Save the NOW stuff for those that ask about the Pre.
    Like others above ....

No way I am leaving the store without knowing the phone at least powers on and is provisioned.

While the odds are good that the Phone would work out of the box... I would be royaly PO'd if I got home opened the box and found out I had a dud phone.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast