Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    They do make clear that it's a rumor only at this point...

PalmGoon story
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    that would be a beautiful thing if it came to pass.
    Interesting...we'll see if it pans out.
    Great post...

It was a rumor but you still titled it perfectly and even emphasized this was a rumor.

Thanks!
    oh snap. that would be awesome! would make going to the store on a saturday morning even more worthwhile!
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    it looks like this thread was posted right before yours.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...nt-stores.html
    this would go along way in purchasing the pre for me

I hate rebates
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I'd probably be more likely to go to a Sprint store if this were true. They wouldn't necessarily get any accessory purchases out of me, but they'd get my $199 plus tax instead of Best Buy...
    I sort of wondered if the backlash online would get them to rethink that long-standing policy. So many blogs and reviews said the same thing: great device, great price, but come on with the rebates. They are just cheap and nobody likes them. I would prefer to get mine at the Sprint store but not if I have to pay $100 more for each of them.
    Yeah the iphone don't have any rebates!
    This would be great as the rumor is that the Sprint stores will have far more units that BB or RS. I'd much rather go to a Sprint store on launch morning...
    That will probably be the deciding factor for me going to a Sprint store instead of the location I planned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slingblade View Post
    They do make clear that it's a rumor only at this point...

PalmGoon story
    what if they are just getting rid of the MIR and the change the price to $299.99!!!
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnyvsp View Post
    what if they are just getting rid of the MIR and the change the price to $299.99!!!
    hahaha... oh man. What if indeed.
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    It would be nice but how about a firm $199 price like the iPhone??? Personally, I wouldn't take one if I got it for free... well maybe take it and sell on ebay .
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Count me in as one of those who will buy at a Sprint store if they drop the MIR. Otherwise, I am definitely driving around to BB or RS. Hear that Sprint!?!
    Dang, bad news for me. I happen to love mail in rebates. You guys are wussies.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    If Sprint goes through with this it would be a no-brainer for me. I would purchase my phone at a Sprint store without hesitation. I honestly prefer purchasing at the Sprint store over Best Buy, but if the pricing situation stays as is I will be sitting outside of Best Buy on the 6th.
    well my local best buy is getting 3.....so im gonna go sit in my car in front until 2am with my 2 buddies that want the other 2. If for some reason we dont get em or the stock aint there, i will move my caravan to one of many sprint stores and get one!

id rather go to best buy cuz i used to work at this store (10yrs ago) and id rather have my intelligent friend sign me up then the douchetards at the sprint store..

i swear i have been in that store a couple times in the last few months and they are all MORONS....
    Mike (FOOmanJEW) Jaret-Schachter
    Running With Scissors
    Producer
    www.runningwithscissors.com
    www.twitter.com/mikejaret
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast