Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Dang, bad news for me. I happen to love mail in rebates. You guys are wussies.
    i sent in a mail in rebate for $8 back from a case of coors light a couple weeks ago. i bought the case like 4days before the cut off date. got a post card the other day say the date was ineligible man i was pissed! i didn't bother making copies before sending it in cuz it was only $8
    Quote Originally Posted by mikejaret View Post
    well my local best buy is getting 3.....so im gonna go sit in my car in front until 2am with my 2 buddies that want the other 2. If for some reason we dont get em or the stock aint there, i will move my caravan to one of many sprint stores and get one!

id rather go to best buy cuz i used to work at this store (10yrs ago) and id rather have my intelligent friend sign me up then the douchetards at the sprint store..

i swear i have been in that store a couple times in the last few months and they are all MORONS....
    Seriously doode... you need to be working on Postal 3 and not waiting for some phone to come out.
    If this turned out to be true, they would get more accessories out of me and my wife! I'm liking that clamshell plastic holster and the car charger...maybe even the Touchstone!
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Seriously doode... you need to be working on Postal 3 and not waiting for some phone to come out.
    so youre saying you kinda know who i am?

and you have a pre....

hit me up on aim rwsmikejaret
    Mike (FOOmanJEW) Jaret-Schachter
    Running With Scissors
    Producer
    www.runningwithscissors.com
    www.twitter.com/mikejaret
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    The rebate forms have to exist somewhere so I wonder if its even possible (or legal) to do away with the mail-in rebate because there will be a lot of people who will try to double-dip and scam Sprint/Palm. I'm not sure how all this would work but I definitely want to see a $199 out the door price.
    I will definitely go to a Sprint store to avoid the hassle of a Best Buy stock issue if true.

I'll be purchasing a touch stone and if I'm only tossing $300 for both I'll be happy. Not really thrilled with the Sprint retail guys touching my phone in front of me though. Anyone else like that? I'd rather activate and do stuff on my own.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    The rebate forms have to exist somewhere so I wonder if its even possible (or legal) to do away with the mail-in rebate because there will be a lot of people who will try to double-dip and scam Sprint/Palm. I'm not sure how all this would work but I definitely want to see a $199 out the door price.
    that wont happen, because when you send in a rebate they make sure the purchase price the target price for the rebate I.E. if you buy it at best buy for the 199 rate and you try to send it in it ill get rejected!
    Mike (FOOmanJEW) Jaret-Schachter
    Running With Scissors
    Producer
    www.runningwithscissors.com
    www.twitter.com/mikejaret
    Sprint has done instant rebates in the past, i dont understand why they are risking a MIR with this phone.
    Either way, I'm good, I'm still getting $100.00 back. And you tend to forget, the iPhone didn't have any rebates and were $499 (4GB) and $599 (8GB) respectively.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    Quote Originally Posted by swan View Post
    Sprint has done instant rebates in the past, i dont understand why they are risking a MIR with this phone.
    They are doing one now as well, so technically they would be doing TWO instant rebates.
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    Seems like a wise business decision to me!
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    This would be smart for sprint to do. I would definetly go to a sprint store vs BB to get my pre. Lets just hope this rumor turns out to be true.
    This would be great. I hope we get a confirmation/denial soon.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." —L. Ron Hubbard
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkMoar View Post
    i sent in a mail in rebate for $8 back from a case of coors light a couple weeks ago. i bought the case like 4days before the cut off date. got a post card the other day say the date was ineligible man i was pissed! i didn't bother making copies before sending it in cuz it was only $8
    It's because you bought Coors Lite.

*cough*Miller Lite*cough* if you're going for the cheap, mass-produced American stuff...
    Quote Originally Posted by NBENZ View Post
    This would be smart for sprint to do. I would definetly go to a sprint store vs BB to get my pre. Lets just hope this rumor turns out to be true.
    Same here.
    I hope it is true. I was originally going to buy it online through my corporate Sprint site. But I hear that online & telesales are a no go for a while. I was going to get the Pre for $99, but the extra $100 rebate is given back to be as credit on my account, rather than cash. Forget that.
    Follow Me On

Just thought I would mention have you guys noticed that if you go to palm.com it now says "after rebate and service agreement" and it used to say "after mail in rebate and service agreement"
    Fine print on Sprint's Pre page still mentions $100 MIR
    Sprint: Meet the Palm Pre
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    Same here.
    I hope it is true. I was originally going to buy it online through my corporate Sprint site. But I hear that online & telesales are a no go for a while. I was going to get the Pre for $99, but the extra $100 rebate is given back to be as credit on my account, rather than cash. Forget that.
    Yeah, but don't corporate accounts have access to early ordering (I believe it was Tuesday of this week)?
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12