1.    #1  
    Has anyone seen anything that would resemble a today application for the Pre?
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    All developers are under NDA's until release. Sorry.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlebuddy View Post
    Has anyone seen anything that would resemble a today application for the Pre?
    I don't recognize the icon, so maybe this is "USA Today" or something like that. But look at the bottom right icon in the App Store image from D7

First word in the App title is clearly "Today". Maybe this is going to be what you're looking for? Looks like the next word begins with "S". Today Screen?
    Here is your "Today Screen" brought to you by USA Today!!!
  5. faz
    nice apps ... can't w8
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I am almost 100% sure that that is the NBC Today Show emblem and it looks like the typing under it is spaced in such a way as to say Today Show.
    Last edited by joelvds; 05/29/2009 at 06:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by joelvds View Post
    I am almost 100% sure that that is the CBS Today Show emblem and it looks like thw typing under it is spaced in such a way as to say Today Show.
    I think joelvds nailed it. Today Show, not today screen. The logo matches the icon.
    Quote Originally Posted by joelvds View Post
    I am almost 100% sure that that is the CBS Today Show emblem and it looks like thw typing under it is spaced in such a way as to say Today Show.
    +1
    Thats what I thought
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    That logo is the NBC Today Show.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    I would love a "today" screen, where you can have your upcoming calendar events and unread messages/notifications shown on your "desktop," for lack of a better word.
    Quote Originally Posted by imekul View Post
    I would love a "today" screen, where you can have your upcoming calendar events and unread messages/notifications shown on your "desktop," for lack of a better word.
    Well, unread message notifications always are shown in the notification area, so the only thing it sounds like you really want is a display of the day's events on your calendar, which I'm sure someone could make an application for, but that'd have to live in the notification area as well.
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    That's true. I guess I'm just trying to think of how to best use the real estate on such a large screen when no other app is open.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Well, unread message notifications always are shown in the notification area, so the only thing it sounds like you really want is a display of the day's events on your calendar, which I'm sure someone could make an application for, but that'd have to live in the notification area as well.
    Sadly it looks like apps can't read other calendar entries that it didn't create itself. Things are going to suck for a while.

On screen keyboard via an app? LMAO. yeah right. Maybe if you have Palm's blessing to write native but that isn't going to happen with the Mojo SDK.