Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 64
  1.    #1  
    why would they announce they are going to Verizon and ATT after the first of the year.

    they willl now loose a lot of the people who may have switched over. not a smart move.

    well its a great news for Palm but kinda screwed Sprint

    I have nothing more to say on this topic right now....
  2. #2  
    From Palm live from D7
    1:03PM Walt: Will Verizon have this?

    Jon: We love Sprint, and they're our launch partner. It's flattering that AT&T and Verizon want it. I can't comment on unannounced relationships. But Bell Mobility is getting it in Canada.
    Palm didn't do this, Verizon and AT&T did it to stop customers from switching to Sprint for the Pre. And for Verizon and AT&T it is Smart, Smart, Smart!
  3. #3  
    Palm didn't announce anything.

    The carriers (surprised?) were the ones running their mouths. If anything, it just made Sprint's position easier for any further negotiations with Palm.

    Damn Palm, you just can't catch a break, can you?


    /edit: DAMN YOU asforme!!!!
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard Jr View Post
    why would they announce they are going to Verizon and ATT after the first of the year.

    they willl now loose a lot of the people who may have switched over. not a smart move.

    well its a great news for Palm but kinda screwed Sprint

    I have nothing more to say on this topic right now....
    You took the thoughts right out of my brain. This announcement, leak, whatever, was pure stupidity.
  5. #5  
    I dont believe VZW will do it anytime soon. They also said "like Palm Pre", not the Palm Pre.

    So I'm still planning on switching to Sprint from VZW.
  6. NBENZ's Avatar
    Posts
    79 Posts
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard Jr View Post
    why would they announce they are going to Verizon and ATT after the first of the year.

    they willl now loose a lot of the people who may have switched over. not a smart move.

    well its a great news for Palm but kinda screwed Sprint

    I have nothing more to say on this topic right now....
    I think that is precisely why they announced it now. These announcements came from att and verizon right? correct me if im wrong.
  7. #7  
    They didn't announce it, they even downplayed it. Verizon and AT&T mentioned it themselves, for obvious reasons.

    From engadget:

    1:03PM Walt: Will Verizon have this?

    Jon: We love Sprint, and they're our launch partner. It's flattering that AT&T and Verizon want it. I can't comment on unannounced relationships. But Bell Mobility is getting it in Canada.
  8. #8  
    Wow people replied quick in here!
  9. #9  
    I agree...Sprint probably didn't like that bit of news coming out! A lot of Verizon and AT&T people that for whatever reason like paying more, but are happier with their service or something like that, will now probably just wait and get it on those two carriers.

    On the other hand, if you live in a good Sprint area, why go with the others and pay more? Also, nothing is known about how much either Verizon or AT&T will cripple the Pre.... like no Navigation or TV.
  10. #10  
    Just shows that Verizon and At&t fear the pre on Sprint for 6 months. Smart on their part but many will not wait 6+ months for a device already available.
  11. #11  
    It was excellent news for Palm, the stock shot up, while Sprint's went down. Palm needs to get the Pre in as many carriers' hands as possible. That's the key to their survival. I'm sure Sprint wasn't happy with the news, but Verizon and AT&T both know that there is a huge interest in the Pre (I doubt many people are going to switch to Sprint for the Pre). The news of both AT&T and Verizon getting the Pre was planned. It didn't come from Palm, but it makes customers and investors confident in a company who has been sitting on its death bed for years.

    http://www.reuters.com/article/techn...54R4TP20090528

    "As a result, UBS analyst Maynard Um said Verizon's Pre news was encouraging for Palm investors."
    Jimmie Geddes
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by celsian View Post
    You took the thoughts right out of my brain. This announcement, leak, whatever, was pure stupidity.
    Then put these thoughts right back in.


    Yeah, right now.

    Thanks.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Just shows that Verizon and At&t fear the pre on Sprint for 6 months. Smart on their part but many will not wait 6+ months for a device already available.
    Exactly. When's the last time you saw the #1 and # 2 carrier make this kind of statement?
    Jimmie Geddes
  14. #14  
    Oh, BTW, i just started my own carrier called Ellianth's carrier. And I would love to have the pre on my network when sprint's exclusivity ends.

    Isn't that all the other carriers said? That's what the AT&T quote sounded like to me. Never saw the verizon one though. AT&T said they would be open to having the device. Did they actually say they WOULD be getting the device?
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    It was excellent news for Palm, the stock shot up, while Sprint's went down. Palm needs to get the Pre in as many carriers' hands as possible. That's the key to their survival. I'm sure Sprint wasn't happy with the news, but Verizon and AT&T both know that there is a huge interest in the Pre (I doubt many people are going to switch to Sprint for the Pre). The news of both AT&T and Verizon getting the Pre was planned. It didn't come from Palm, but it makes customers and investors confident in a company who has been sitting on its death bed for years.

    Verizon to sell Palm Pre, new BlackBerry phones | Technology | Reuters

    "As a result, UBS analyst Maynard Um said Verizon's Pre news was encouraging for Palm investors."
    It might not have come officially FROM Palm, but you can bet the Palm folks and Palm stockholders are pretty smug at the moment. The only fly in the ointment is this: how many 100's of thousands of potential Pre customers will cool their heals at AT&T or VZN, rather than jumping ship to Sprint for Pre next month? A long delay ( 6 months) might be disastrous for Palm, when what they need is sales, sales, sales and good word of mouth about the Pre.
  16. NBENZ's Avatar
    Posts
    79 Posts
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    #16  
    If i told my wife the pre would be available on att in 6 months she would make me wait...good thing she never checks these boards and blogs..I'm making the switch june 6th.
  17. #17  
    It's much better news for us now the sprint stores won't be as crowded with noobs LOL
  18. #18  
    I just don't understand why Sprint doesn't have longer exclusivity with a phone that no other carrier can touch.
    AT&T has the IPhone
    Tmobile has the G1 and the 8900 Curve
    Verizon has the storm and now the soon storm 2

    why can't Sprint have a phone without some other carrier rushing in to say don't worry they'll have it too...i just don't get it.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by abarrera View Post
    I just don't understand why Sprint doesn't have longer exclusivity with a phone that no other carrier can touch.
    AT&T has the IPhone
    Tmobile has the G1 and the 8900 Curve
    Verizon has the storm and now the soon storm 2

    why can't Sprint have a phone without some other carrier rushing in to say don't worry they'll have it too...i just don't get it.


    Frankly, because Sprint's market position dictates that it can't obtain such deals.
  20. #20  
    Shame on Sprint for not requiring a NDA (non disclosure agreement) with Palm re: other players. Duh on them. It's their fault.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions