Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    actually no one knows how long the exclusive agreement is , only sprint and palm know. then when at&t/verizon sayed they were getting pre like devices every blog/websites says that there getting the pre.
    Why pay more money for the same phone?

Sprint all the wayyyy.
    i just think it's all bs bc we never hear Sprint saying oooh we're gonna get that phone...i feel like they don't even try
    Quote Originally Posted by NBENZ View Post
    If i told my wife the pre would be available on att in 6 months she would make me wait...good thing she never checks these boards and blogs..I'm making the switch june 6th.
    Whip it good!
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    if that does cause someone to hold out thats fantastic, more Pre's for us on launch day.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Unless you work for Sprint or are a stock holder I don't see why this would upset you so much. And as a "selfish" consumer then I don't mind the news because it gives me a better chance at getting two at launch (family plan).
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Young HoV 718 View Post
    actually no one knows how long the exclusive agreement is , only sprint and palm know. then when at&t/verizon sayed they were getting pre like devices every blog/websites says that there getting the pre.
    Exactly. Who is really going to wait for At&t and Verizon to get the Pre which is at least 6 months to a year from now haven't we waited long enough. Furthermore, Sprint is strongly advertising the savings they offer compared to the two.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    Unless you work for Sprint or are a stock holder I don't see why this would upset you so much. And as a "selfish" consumer then I don't mind the news because it gives me a better chance at getting two at launch (family plan).
    First off, I'm not upset, whatever happens, happens... but I'd prefer Sprint to do well also. Cheaper plans, and the Premier Customer deal seems pretty cool and I was looking forward eventually getting on that.

However, if Sprint isn't saved, and ATT does also sell the Pre, I'd consider going to them over verizon, so I'd have the choice between the latest iphone and webOS models without having to worry about carriers, and because it's GSM. But I'd certainly have to look into the networks more before deciding.
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
  9.    #29  
    i guess being a long time sprint patron i was hopeing this would bring them from the brink of being bought out.

i like the coverage in my area and i love the price of service.

from what i have seen all the carriers are about the same here so price wins. if they get bought out, the price of service skyrockets and i will not be happy.

may have to go back to a land line...... would save me a lot of money since i would not be able to drive anywhere....and my dogs would be happy.

whoever said it, yes i am being selfish and want sprint to be around for a long time. too many benefits for me to lose (price, premiere customer, chuck norris)

oh and i forgot to mention, it was pre central who announced that verizon and att will be getting the pre when they can
    BOOOOO!!!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by abarrera View Post
    I just don't understand why Sprint doesn't have longer exclusivity with a phone that no other carrier can touch.
    AT&T has the IPhone
    Tmobile has the G1 and the 8900 Curve
    Verizon has the storm and now the soon storm 2

why can't Sprint have a phone without some other carrier rushing in to say don't worry they'll have it too...i just don't get it.
    I totally agree with you. I actually thought the same thing when they first announced it...WHY!!! AT&T had the iphone for 5 years! I think they better renegotiate their contract.
    FOLLOW ME
    http://twitter.com/TeckieGirl
    TeckieGirl Official website
    [url]http://www.TeckieGirl.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard Jr View Post
    i guess being a long time sprint patron i was hopeing this would bring them from the brink of being bought out.

i like the coverage in my area and i love the price of service.

from what i have seen all the carriers are about the same here so price wins. if they get bought out, the price of service skyrockets and i will not be happy.

may have to go back to a land line...... would save me a lot of money since i would not be able to drive anywhere....and my dogs would be happy.

whoever said it, yes i am being selfish and want sprint to be around for a long time. too many benefits for me to lose (price, premiere customer, chuck norris

oh and i forgot to mention, it was pre central who announced that verizon and att will be getting the pre when they can
    Yes the consumer needs sprint to survive so that there can be competition. Imagine verizon and at&t splitting sprint and taking all them assets like they did with alltel. I hope to god that verizon nor at&t get the pre and that they get that garbage Palm eos. Actually when u think about it if or when they were to get the pre wouldnt sprint be offering the successor to the pre in the same time.
    concur .. great news for Palm.

But i am surprised Verizon and At@t got away with announcing this. Very bad for sprint.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeckieGirl40 View Post
    I totally agree with you. I actually thought the same thing when they first announced it...WHY!!! AT&T had the iphone for 5 years! I think they better renegotiate their contract.
    Palm needs the $$
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post

But i am surprised Verizon and At@t got away with announcing this. Very bad for sprint.
    Glad I don't own their stock (well, not DIRECTLY). Damn mutual funds....
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post

Got away with it? It's very easy to do, all you have to do is open up your mouth and say "We intend to have it too. Later." They can send all the lawyers they want, but they can't erase what's been said, and they certainly won't exclude AT&T or Verizon from having the phone if they want it - Palm's desperate, not stupid.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  17. faz
    still they have to w8 for 6 months who knows by than if sprint is healthy enuf to renew their contract
    Is this a Sprint forum or a Palm forum? I'm getting confused.
    I criticized Palm earlier for talking with V and AT&T (who leaked it) but this is really Sprint's fault. Sprint had the power to negotiate stronger with Palm who is on fumes. 6 months is usually fine. Not so fine when there's not much supply at start and you are making it your flagship and intend to spend millions promoting it. By the time it ramps up, they'll have 3 months to go. Hard to be a flagship when your competitors have it.

Ideally, Palm would have all the supply Sprint could want, and Sprint could go to town advertising and make the most of the exclusive opportunity. Instead its a soft launch and your competitors have already announced it in their Jan lineup basically. Not good for Sprint. Great for Palm..though it might hurt some sales right now, they will be looking good in a year.

Besides getting more Android and webOS devices, Sprint needs to get 4G out...yesterday. I think they know this from their latest ads. I hope there's no friction between sprint and palm though as a result.
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by Young HoV 718 View Post
    Actually when u think about it if or when they were to get the pre wouldnt sprint be offering the successor to the pre in the same time.
    yes! good call.

perhaps, just maybe. verizon and ATT get the then "old" pre and sprint gets the new 4G wimax pre. keeping them on climbing the hill.

hhhhhuuuummmmmmmmmmmm
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast