Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Seeing as how the Pre's browser is Webkit-based, will the sites designed specifically for the iPhone (Google has a bunch) work well in the Pre browser? I understand that they aren't identical and I'm certainly not an expert on what extensions/APIs are available to the Mobile Safari browser for site developers, but if this is the case then we're in for some awesome browsing experiences.

Anyone with experience or can test them out in the emulator/Pre-in-hand?
    Quote Originally Posted by criley98 View Post
    Seeing as how the Pre's browser is Webkit-based, will the sites designed specifically for the iPhone (Google has a bunch) work well in the Pre browser? I understand that they aren't identical and I'm certainly not an expert on what extensions/APIs are available to the Mobile Safari browser for site developers, but if this is the case then we're in for some awesome browsing experiences.

Anyone with experience or can test them out in the emulator/Pre-in-hand?

I would love to know if the iPhone version of google reader works on the Pre. By far my most used application on the iPhone.
    Yep, and nicely.
  4.    #4  
    Is this confirmed via emulator or actual Pre? Is it possible to throw up a screenshot?
    Both and I think Palm has made it clear that they don't want anymore shots "leaked" with the C and D.
    I've been using the Iris Browser for Windows Mobile which uses Webkit. All the websites I visit I end up getting the iphone version which is usually a lot better but have that iphone feel. I hope websites start making a general Pre/Iphone version of a website.
  7.    #7  
    A Cease and Desist request is issued to a business or individual, not a blanket request over the internet. Also, all it says is for you to stop or they'll take action. And, it has to be served/sent to the person/business named in the order. Therefore, if they can't find you, you have nothing to fear. PM me and I'll give you an address to email it to. I'll remove the EXIF data from the image and make sure it's not showing any identifiable information. I'll post it up and they can C&D me all they want...
    lol, trust me, I know how C and D's work.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    one teeny weeny picture of google reader? I promise, I won't tell anybody.
    Merci pooh.
    My goodness. You have made my day. Thanks.
    I think they should start naming those websites "Webkit Capable". Now that they're are 3 phones capable of sites like these; iphone, G1, Pre, and possibly many more to come.
  13.    #13  
    Darth, many thanks...looks awesome...I was hoping it worked that way!
    I am still in shock about the G Docs... multitouch stretch and pinch helps a ton here.

I am undecided about the double tap to zoom in, it isn't as "effective" as the iPhone for some reason... very inaccurate in what/where it zooms in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    I am still in shock about the G Docs... multitouch stretch and pinch helps a ton here.

I am undecided about the double tap to zoom in, it isn't as "effective" as the iPhone for some reason... very inaccurate in what/where it zooms in.

In videos it seems like it wasn't as well implemented as on the Iphone either so that doesn't surprise me.

Also for those that may dislike the mobile versions, generally you see a hack that allows you to broadcast your browser to be a desktop version fairly quickly after launch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post

hmm, dont like to hear that. I use that all the time on the iPhone.
    Do you get notifications with the google reader or do you have to manually go to the reader tab? Thx
  18. jxc
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    darth pooh, do you know if you can email a story from google reader to someone in your contacts and if so, can you email to groups like "friends" on gmail contacts?
    Yup, the email link at the bottom of the reader entry opens an email with the pics/feed info.

Groups don't get imported, the Pre Google API uses ALL Contacts and doesn't bring in specific groups (like MY Contacts)... so that's a BIG no.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    hmm, dont like to hear that. I use that all the time on the iPhone.
    Biggest disappointment for me... I got over the Doc thing (since G Docs works) and I even got over the whole ALL vs MY Contacts API... the crappy zoom is what hurts most right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugewhyte View Post
    Do you get notifications with the google reader or do you have to manually go to the reader tab? Thx
    Manually. I don't know if I'd want notification for my RSS Feeds but I think someone could probably make a headless app for the dashboard to throw a notification down there for those who would want it. I am sure there will be RSS apps too with that functionality.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast