Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This is GREAT news!!

All I need now is Flash and an App that automatically changes the wallpaper in a set interval (and pull from flckr images online as well as a dedicated folder...anyone listening?)!
  2. jxc
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Yup, the email link at the bottom of the reader entry opens an email with the pics/feed info.

Groups don't get imported, the Pre Google API uses ALL Contacts and doesn't bring in specific groups (like MY Contacts)... so that's a BIG no.
    is their anyway to put just a group name on the email app and have it populate all of those people on that group?

Ex: email friends and 5 people that i have marked as friend on the PRE, automatically get populated?
    Quote Originally Posted by JXC View Post
    is their anyway to put just a group name on the email app and have it populate all of those people on that group?

Ex: email friends and 5 people that i have marked as friend on the PRE, automatically get populated?
    Your example is a bit confusing for me... do you think you can clarify?

I have not found an ability to label anyone within the Contact app (like in notes field) and then do a Universal search on that label of "friend".
    Biggest disappointment for me... I got over the Doc thing (since G Docs works) and I even got over the whole ALL vs MY Contacts API... the crappy zoom is what hurts most right now.

So what happens when you double tap? Is it zooming in on the wrong area? Can you zoom in with multi touch then?
  5. jxc
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Your example is a bit confusing for me... do you think you can clarify?

I have not found an ability to label anyone within the Contact app (like in notes field) and then do a Universal search on that label of "friend".
    in gmail contacts, i can make a group an called it "Palm PRE Friends" and then put 3 of my contacts on this group.
    then i can compose an email and just type "Palm PRE Friends" and gmail populates all 3 of my contacts emails, instead of having to type each of my 3 contacts names.

is this possible?
    again, thanks for answering these questions. i appreciate it
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    So what happens when you double tap? Is it zooming in on the wrong area? Can you zoom in with multi touch then?
    Multitouch zoom works like a champ... double tap either zooms in the wrong area or just a tiny bit so that it wasn't really effective in zooming at all (if it goes wrong, it's 65/35 in favor of working).

in gmail contacts, i can make a group an called it "Palm PRE Friends" and then put 3 of my contacts on this group.
    then i can compose an email and just type "Palm PRE Friends" and gmail populates all 3 of my contacts emails, instead of having to type each of my 3 contacts names.

is this possible?
    again, thanks for answering these questions. i appreciate it
    Totally gotcha now... nope! Since the sync brings in ALL Contacts and not the group labels you've put on the contacts, you can't start typing "Palm..." and then have that group show up, because that group association didn't import upon syncing...
  7. jxc
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Totally gotcha now... nope! Since the sync brings in ALL Contacts and not the group labels you've put on the contacts, you can't start typing "Palm..." and then have that group show up, because that group association didn't import upon syncing...
    can you see ON THE PRE itself if you can go into 2 or 3 contacts and somehow group them but labelling them or putting something on a "company name" field or something and then try to type that name to try pull off the group thing.

if its too much work, dont worry about it....anyways...thanks for answering my previous questions....i appreciate it
    can you see ON THE PRE itself if you can go into 2 or 3 contacts and somehow group them but labelling them or putting something on a "company name" field or something and then try to type that name to try pull off the group thing.

if its too much work, dont worry about it....anyways...thanks for answering my previous questions....i appreciate it
    So I put on a Company name on a few contacts... so when I type that company name in Contacts, Email or Messaging, the drop down shows up with anyone who has that company name (including all of their emails for the email program, so my wife's 3 email accounts shows up), in SMS all of the phone numbers shows up (not just mobile) so if I have like 3 people in the "company" but they each have 2-3 numbers... that could be 6-9 numbers that pop up... It's a mess, I wouldnt say that is effective at all.
    How does one get this reader? Thanks.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12