Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Not a deal breaker, as I do use pandora 65% of the time vs. rhapsody at home, but would be nice!
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    I sure hope so. If not at launch, then hopefully soon after. Currently I use Rhapsody way more than Pandora.

1) Right now I can copy Rhapsody-to-go DRM tracks to my Treo 650 and play them with PocketTunes. I'd be delighted if that continues to work on the Pre under Classic emulation but I'm doubtful because PocketTunes needs to communicate with the desktop application over USB and I don't know if that would work with Classic.

2) I'd be even more delighted if there were a native WebOS PocketTunes app that provides the same DRM playback as the PalmOS version.

3) I'd be beside myself with delight if Rhapsody developed a native WebOS streaming app, kinda like the Rhapsody app for TiVo.

I agree, it's not a deal breaker, but sure would be nice.
    Long time Rhapsody fan, and also have Rhapsody to go on a few devices. I would like this feature too on Pre.
    Rhapsody vs. Napster which one is better?
    @->----
    Palm Treo 755p
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xumarklu View Post
    Rhapsody vs. Napster which one is better?
    Whichever one ships an app for the Pre first. :-)

Seriously though, I used to subscribe to Yahoo! Music but they killed the service and transferred me over to Rhapsody (no complaints). The primary reason I subscribed to Yahoo! Music in the first place was because it worked with PocketTunes for my Treo. The capability of my phone drove my selection of music services. I hope developers see the moral here; if they're the first to provide a WebOS solution, they'll get first crack at the bucks.
    This appears to be the best thread for me to dig back up ...

is there any news about Rhapsody (or another subscription service) working with the Pre?
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    I just found this: Re: Rhapsody Player on Palm WebOS - Rhapsody - RealNetworks Community Forum

Rhapsody is investigating the platform and possibilities.
    Let 'em know you're interested!
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Here's the latest from the same Rhapsody forum as of 7/28:

We're still in the early stages of looking at the SDK and considering the platform.
    Keep adding to the board so they know you're interested!
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Interesting news: Rhapsody for iPhone.

http://www.theiphoneblog.com/2009/09...streaming-app/

Still hoping for a Rhapsody webOS app.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Interesting news: Rhapsody for iPhone.

http://www.theiphoneblog.com/2009/09...streaming-app/

Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I have Napster, and they told me that the player has to support DRM. If not, it won't work. Right now, I don't think there's a Web OS player that supports DRM. Rhapsody for the iphone streams the music rather than downloading a file onto the player, right?
    I want RAP on my PRE. Is it to much too ask for?
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wlmoore View Post
    Would sure be nice!
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Just tried Rhapsody again, in the hopes something had changed. Synced my Pre with it, and Rhapsody recognizes it as an Apple ipod. It will not let me drag subscription music over to it, but it will sync my music that I own.

Hopefully soon.
    Any more news on Rhapsody?

Wife and I both are looking to move from old Pal OS phones to Pre or Pixi and would love to address this one item. She and I both workout with playlists we build out of Rhapsody....want to continue to do so. Any hope?

Skigs
    Any body tried to use Rhapsody Online with the Pre or Pixi? The Rhapsody website seems to indicate that this is a browzer based feed and works with Mac/Linux/Windows machines (PCFD presumably) but curious to see if a Web OS browser would make it work?

Thanks

Skigs
    Quote Originally Posted by skigs View Post
    Any body tried to use Rhapsody Online with the Pre or Pixi? The Rhapsody website seems to indicate that this is a browzer based feed and works with Mac/Linux/Windows machines (PCFD presumably) but curious to see if a Web OS browser would make it work?

Thanks

Skigs
    I have, it requires flash. Hopefully will work after the flash addition in the next update.
    OK....now we have 1.4....has anyone tried the flash beta with it? And if so, anybody tried to get Rhapsody to work via its browser based feed.

I might give it a go...but since I got my first Pre yesterday, I am not up to speed on minor tweeking let alone playing with beta's yet....Hoping to get there though.

Thanks

Skigs
    I just thought of how amazing this would be and came across this thread..so sick of using youtube(without playlist support...) to play albums. Well, I can add this to my currently very short list of reasons for flash on my phone(the only other being robot unicorn attack...).
    Still no news of Rhapsody on Pre? Rhapsody is THE BEST MUSIC SERVICE, I cannot believe it!

So sad
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast