Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 54
  1. jmeray's Avatar
    Posts
    134 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
       #1  
    haha.... ok, lets be realistic, i'm man enough to carry a pre because of its technology, capabilities, yada yada... but Roger (from the D7 conference) did have me thinking about whether or not the PRE was designed as a "womans" device. hmmmm thoughts?
    _________________________
    - Wife has the PALM Pre
    - I carry the iPhone 3GS
    - Who says you can't have it all?
    - Jabra JX10
    - IBM Thinkpad
    - Hot chick Avatar


    ...ahhh, life is good.
  2. #2  
    The mirror was obviously using available space to appeal to women.

    WebOs and the Pre is awesome and who Palm plans on marketing to the hardest doesn't change my opinion.
  3. #3  
    Roger just has a big mouth.
  4. jmeray's Avatar
    Posts
    134 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
       #4  
    btw... for you youngsters out there, the title of this post is a play on a commercial that used to run on television about deodorant. Nothing sexist. Ok...carry on!
    _________________________
    - Wife has the PALM Pre
    - I carry the iPhone 3GS
    - Who says you can't have it all?
    - Jabra JX10
    - IBM Thinkpad
    - Hot chick Avatar


    ...ahhh, life is good.
  5. welance's Avatar
    Posts
    120 Posts
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    #5  
    .... use the mirror to look behind you, check out chicks?......

    Palm pre, the phone for stalkers?
  6. #6  
    that roger guy has got be a huge PRPRPR $nightmare$, $seriously$.
  7. Gerorne's Avatar
    Posts
    506 Posts
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    #7  
    And of course you need the mirror to fight the medusa.

    But definitely the Pre is designed towards a larger market, wanting to appeal to everyone. That's also why it doesn't have a hyper aggressive name like the Avalanche or Storm.
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

    Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
  8. jmeray's Avatar
    Posts
    134 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
       #8  
    So in otherwords, the PRE was made to go up against the SHINE, not the iPhone! (mirror)
    _________________________
    - Wife has the PALM Pre
    - I carry the iPhone 3GS
    - Who says you can't have it all?
    - Jabra JX10
    - IBM Thinkpad
    - Hot chick Avatar


    ...ahhh, life is good.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmeray View Post
    btw... for you youngsters out there, the title of this post is a play on a commercial that used to run on television about deodorant. Nothing sexist. Ok...carry on!
    Secret's gonna suuueeee!!
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by andyx1985 View Post
    that roger guy has got be a huge PRPRPR $nightmare$, $seriously$.
    Absolutely. A HUGE prprpr $nightmare$. $Obviously$, $if$ $one$ $wants$ $to$ $appeal$ $to$ $women$, $one$ $should$ $not$ $suggest$ $that$ $all$ $it$ $takes$ $is$ $a$ $mirror$. $On$ $the$ $other$ $hand$, $I$ $bet$ $a$ $lot$ $of$ $women$ $will$ $find$ $that$ $useful$. $My$ $wife$ $would$ $like$ $it$, $for$ $example$. $Roger$ $could$ $have$ $used$ $different$ $words$ $and$ $gotten$ $his$ $point$ $across$ $better$.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  11. #11  
    nah it's solid black. very masculine color. just change the default ringtone if you are a hetero man. you don't want to be playing tinkerbells.
  12. jmeray's Avatar
    Posts
    134 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
       #12  
    tinkerbell ringtone by default... another hint at the target audience of this device?
    _________________________
    - Wife has the PALM Pre
    - I carry the iPhone 3GS
    - Who says you can't have it all?
    - Jabra JX10
    - IBM Thinkpad
    - Hot chick Avatar


    ...ahhh, life is good.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by andyx1985 View Post
    that roger guy has got be a huge PRPRPR $nightmare$, $seriously$.
    Yeah, he is. Of course, he's also a major reason why Palm still exists as a company and why the Pre is being made at all.

    Personally, I like the guy.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  14. welance's Avatar
    Posts
    120 Posts
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmeray View Post
    tinkerbell ringtone by default... another hint at the target audience of this device?
    +1
  15. welance's Avatar
    Posts
    120 Posts
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Yeah, he is. Of course, he's also a major reason why Palm still exists as a company and why the Pre is being made at all.

    Personally, I like the guy.
    Agree, I love watching him.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmeray View Post
    haha.... ok, lets be realistic, i'm man enough to carry a pre because of its technology, capabilities, yada yada... but Roger (from the D7 conference) did have me thinking about whether or not the PRE was designed as a "womans" device. hmmmm thoughts?
    Thoughts? Yeah *Thumbs Down* lol
  17. mrkalel's Avatar
    Posts
    739 Posts
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    #17  
    Why the hell was that such a bad comment?... I know for a fact my sis/girl is gonna love having that feature... Dont tell me women would get offended that having a mirror is being sexist...

    IMO, I bet a mirror would be great to have for guys or girls... God people are so sensitive now....
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmeray View Post
    tinkerbell ringtone by default... another hint at the target audience of this device?
    I disagree, I'm a chick and I think that ringtone is completely gay and awful!
  19. mrkalel's Avatar
    Posts
    739 Posts
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by hopalee View Post
    I disagree, I'm a chick and I think that ringtone is completely gay and awful!
    uhh-ohh.. careful saying "gay"....
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
  20. #20  
    I was rather offended by Roger's remarks, but more offended by the fact Palm let him be a part of the conference in the first place.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions