Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Well said....
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Roger is cool with me. I like my computer geeks to be just that: socially awkward geeks. The kind of guys who put their foot in their mouth and don't care about appearances. Much better than the aging hipster vibe you get from Steve Jobs. The fashionization of personal tech has been a bad thing IMO.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    So, back to the question at hand... it looks like people think the mirror is a good thing, adds class, adds capability, doesn't detract, provides a way to check out your teeth after dinner (male or female), provides a way to check out a hot sexy (male or female) thats behind you. Seems to me, the mirror debate IS OVER! Its a good thing, for both sexes.

The ringtone, kindof girlie to me, the roundness, curves, smaller footprint, not necessarily girlie, but certainly has a woman's needs in mind. The iPhone, and Blackberries, and Treos are a bit large for many woman. I personally know multiple who carry non-smartphones due to the size of past smartphones. But the PRE, they like. So if its the concept of getting both sexes onboard with a device, i think they've done it.

Could Roger have worded things SO MUCH better, and still got his point across that this device was designed with a woman in mind "TOO". yes, certainly. But its true, he is entertaining to watch cuz you have no idea what he's about to say next, good or bad.

So sounds like the PRE was designed for both, the ringer? tinkerbellish, but easily changed.

Now... here is a question... how many WOMAN stand in line outside a store hours before it opens, in order to get a new device? From what i've seen, not many. So will any women even have the device on June 6? Or will "guys" scoop them all up?
    - Jabra JX10
    - IBM Thinkpad
    - Hot chick Avatar

...ahhh, life is good.
    If there are any questions on how to use the mirror, this old thread might clear things up

http://tinyurl.com/mn9bh2
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    It will certainly help when hunting vampires..
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Man, June 6th better get here fast before people start getting violent. I can't believe this thread got so hostile! People are too damn sensitive!
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyFripple View Post
    I don't believe I ever said that women fuss with their makeup all day long. I was merely making the point that what he said was meant to be humorous regarding an activity that MANY women do, regardless of frequency. So all of a sudden it's disgusting that a man references something that women regularly do? Is it somehow demeaning to note the fact that women put on makeup and they use mirrors to do so (and in a light-hearted way)? So just because you don't do it means that there aren't many other women who do? I mean honestly, as another user said, reality is now offensive?

People need to stop taking things so personally and realize that not everything said in jest is meant to be malicious.
    I don't know if it's possible to get more off topic, but I'll chime in here and say that I'm glad that there are differences between men and women. Used to be a time when such differences were happily acknowledged and embraced. Personally, I think that was a more interesting time.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  8. faz
    lol
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jmeray View Post
    Now... here is a question... how many WOMAN stand in line outside a store hours before it opens, in order to get a new device? From what i've seen, not many. So will any women even have the device on June 6? Or will "guys" scoop them all up?
    i'm the girl in line right now!
    My journey: PalmPilotPro->PalmPilotIIIx->Treo300->Treo600->Treo650->Treo755p->Pre->FrankenPre2
    Masculinity is not defined by the phone, it's defined by the car...er, truck.
    Quote Originally Posted by GearGoddess View Post
    i'm the girl in line right now!
    If you're already in line, then I think that definitely shows some dedication. Kudos!
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    This "WOMAN" will be. And if any guy tries to cut in front of me, he can expect to have his foot stepped on. As it will be the crack of dawn I won't be wearing my spiked heels, although maybe I should consider it
    Last edited by LynnL_; 05/29/2009 at 01:19 PM.
    Palm Pilot --> Palm M130 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 650 --> Palm Centro --> PALM PRE!
    Or will "guys" scoop them all up?
    Why is "guys" in quotes? Are you questioning my masculinity?!

I've never waited in line myself (well not for a phone anyway, ice cream? most definitely) but from what I can recall of the iPhone launches, I don't remember seeing many women standing in lines. Probably because they have more sense and reason. I can't help it, I'm hopelessly addicted to this phone.

My wife gets a corporate discount through her work and in order to apply the discount when we sign up, she has to be there with her ID badge. Ha! I've suckered her into waiting in line with me! There's one women that will be there (although not willfully).
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    You're kidding right? I'm the father of four daughters. The females in my life look in the mirror more in one day than I do in a month.
    Being the father of four, you probably don't have as much reason (or time) to look in a mirror. Teenage boys? They can barely pass a reflective surface without stopping to check something.
    Quote Originally Posted by dougB541
    Just about every woman I know carries a compact with them to touch up their makeup when they are out.
    It's simply a logistical problem for guys. You have room for a compact in a purse, but most guys don't carry a purse. Besides, guys prefer the privacy of their car's rearview mirror, the storefront window they're passing, or the windows of that car they're pretending to admire. Guys are just sneakier about it - but not as sneaky as they think they are. Guys who deny they spend a lot of time in front of the mirror spend the most time being their own best secret admirer.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123