Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    3:44:38 PM Rep: How may I help you?
    3:45:25 PM Me: I been reading different articles and blogs about the Palm Pre not being sold on online nor telesales. Is this true or not?
    3:47:23 PM Rep: One moment while I double check this information for you.
    3:47:31 PM Me: Thank you.
    3:48:48 PM Rep: You will be able to get the Palm Pre on Sprint.com, Sprint Stores, Best Buy, RadioShack and Walmart on June 6, 2009.
    3:49:03 PM Me: Is this official?
    3:49:18 PM Rep: Yes, this is Official.
    3:49:37 PM Me: And can I also called Sprint and order the Palm Pre on June 6th?
    3:50:39 PM Rep: Yes, the Telesales Department will be able to help you. 1-800-Sprint1
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by phoneman29 View Post
    3:44:38 PM Rep: How may I help you?
    3:45:25 PM Me: I been reading different articles and blogs about the Palm Pre not being sold on online nor telesales. Is this true or not?
    3:47:23 PM Rep: One moment while I double check this information for you.
    3:47:31 PM Me: Thank you.
    3:48:48 PM Rep: You will be able to get the Palm Pre on Sprint.com, Sprint Stores, Best Buy, RadioShack and Walmart on June 6, 2009.
    3:49:03 PM Me: Is this official?
    3:49:18 PM Rep: Yes, this is Official.
    3:49:37 PM Me: And can I also called Sprint and order the Palm Pre on June 6th?
    3:50:39 PM Rep: Yes, the Telesales Department will be able to help you. 1-800-Sprint1
    I think if we've learned anything is that NOTHING is official, especially anything that comes from a rep.
  3.    #3  
    Your right, but I don't believe Sprint would limit themselves to sell only in stores knowing that can cause problems. Not having the online and telesales will be stupid because people are not going to rush to no store for a Pre.
    The title is pretty misleading. Just because of a chat with a Sprint rep does not make it official. How about the other chats and phone confirmation with Sprint reps that said other wise like the one that told me that a memo sent stating that telesales and web won't have it on launch.
    Please stop with the "It's official. A rep told me so" threads. Reps know absolutely jack squat usually about whats going on & they've proven that time & time again with this phone, so just stop.

They're at the absolute bottom of the food chain & they know nothing.
    I am sure they will take your order. When it will actually ship is another question....
    Here's my post from the other thread saying it WON'T be available June 6th via tele/online:

I know a lot of people don't get or use Twitter, but I honestly like it just for the simple interaction between the customer and a company. Here's one case where Justin Goldsborough responded to my concerns of not having telesales or online available on June 6th.

"Thx 4 feedback. Understand frustration. Heard Pre 2b available through sprint.com, telesales soon after launch. More 2 come.."

Yeah it doesn't tell me much but at least being able to connect and getting a quick response DIRECTLY from one of the heads of customer service for Sprint (headquarters in KC) not only validates any speculation (much better than regular sprint reps over the phone or at a store). I think it's also better than having to rely on blurry cam shots or having to take the word of "insider information."

Here's his link:

http://twitter.com/JGoldsborough
    Last edited by cary328is; 05/28/2009 at 04:12 PM. Reason: added twitter link
    FWIW...I was chatting with customer service regarding some separate issues with my account and decided to throw the question out to the rep:

05/28/2009 05:07:40PM Me: "I have heard that telesales will not have the pre available until sometime after the initial launch, that it wil only be available in brick and mortar stores initially....can you confirm this>"
    05/28/2009 05:08:21PM Agent: "Yes, one moment please while I review this information."
    05/28/2009 05:12:00PM Agent: "I apologize for the delay, processing your request is taking a little longer than usual. Thank you for your continued patience."
    05/28/2009 05:12:17PM Me: "no problem. thank you"
    05/28/2009 05:15:22PM Agent: "Telesales will have the device, when the phone has launched."
    05/28/2009 05:16:20PM Me: "ok great."
    I would take Justin Goldsborough's word over any telesales or customer service rep any day. So they are definitely misinformed
    I'm hitting up stores... If I don't get one on launch day I will HOPE that they have it for sale online...
    5:32:05 PM Customer shawn
    hello I would like too find out some more info about the new palm pre please
    5:32:42 PM Customer shawn
    i was told that you will be able too now order it online from sprint.com>
    5:32:57 PM Agent Chantera
    I will be more than happy to help you with that.
    5:33:26 PM Agent Chantera
    The Pre will not be released until June 6, and will only be available in stores. This phone will not be eligible to be ordered online.
    5:33:36 PM Customer shawn
    also wnated too find out how much will it cost me when it comes out
    5:34:07 PM Agent Chantera
    The regular price is $549.99 and new customer price is $199.99 before the mail in rebate.
    5:34:28 PM Customer shawn
    when I renew my contract is that considered a new customer?
    5:34:33 PM Customer shawn
    im already out of contract
    5:34:42 PM Customer shawn
    im only sticking around for the palm pre
    5:35:02 PM Agent Chantera
    You will be able to get the phone at new customer price and this will renew the contract.
    5:35:38 PM Customer shawn
    ok, I am already on the 99$ simply everything plan, will that speed up the process of getting it and having it activated right away
    5:36:52 PM Agent Chantera
    Having the Simply Everything plan will not speed the process of having this phone. It is not available until June 6. I apologize.
    5:37:48 PM Customer shawn
    ok I also wanted too know, I was told too register online, and I was garunteed too get a pre at my local sprint store, I already registered so that would mean im getting one?
    5:38:37 PM Agent Chantera
    Yes, you would just need to visit the nearest store and claim the phone, but make sure you provide the exact email address you provided online.
    5:39:00 PM Customer shawn
    excellent thats what I was hoping
    From the presentation today, I highly doubt you'll have a problem scoring a Pre on June 6th. Saying they wouldn't meet demand, etc. made everyone crazy, hype sells. You'll get your Pre on June 6th, or June 7th if you order it online.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I guess it depends on which person you are talking too.

05/27/2009 09:46:23PM ME: "Also, when will Telesales start taking orders. Do they start a **********:********** AM taking orders, or do I have to wait until ********** AM in the morning?"
    05/27/2009 09:49:47PM Agent : "I do apologize, however when the Pre is released the only place you can buy it is Sprint retail stores, Best Buy, Radio Shack, and at select Wal-Mart stores. Telesales will not have the devices on its launch date. I do apologize for the misunderstanding."
    05/27/2009 09:52:07PM ME: "You are telling me telesales will not have it at launch date. This is the first I have heard of that. If they have it online, wouldn't they have it through telesales? Can you please check again about telesales. You are the first to report that telesales wouldn't have it?
    05/27/2009 09:53:00PM Agent : "One moment please (ME) and I will research this matter again for you."
    05/27/2009 09:54:20PM Agent : "Yes that is correct initially the Palm Pre will not be available through telesales."
    05/27/2009 09:57:19PM David Fine: "That's funny, I called the Premier number, and the Rep said that you could order through telesales. Again, I have gone to every forum about the Pre, and you are the first to report that telesales won't have the Pre day one. Can I ask who is giving you this information. If it is from Sprint direct, could you email it to me? Sorry for the hassle, but I am getting conflicting stories.
    05/27/2009 09:59:31PM Agent : "I do apologize, however this is the information that will have on hand that initially the palm pre will not be sold through telesales."
    05/27/2009 10:00:25PM ME: "Is that from a memo that was sent to you, or is it something your boss had told you?"
    05/27/2009 10:01:26PM Agent : "Yes,. this is information we have received. I do apologize for any inconvenience."

As you can see, it just depends on who you talk too. I went to the corporate Sprint store today and the manager told me the same thing about not able to get it on day one through telesales. The memo came out on the May 27.

You might be able to order it on day one from telesales, but you might not get it until the end of June, when it is available for telesales, sprint.com
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    Check the Buzzaboutwireless Site. The site is actually monitored by Sprint Execs. They have recently said on there that the Pre will not be available through Telesales or online until after the 6th. I trust this information the most as it was posted by several Customer Relations Forum Members.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    this is not true, this is different then any other phone launch, they are NOT going to be selling them online for a little while
  16. TMJ
    Ok, if they only sell this in the store do you still get the employee discount. If you don’t then I could see them getting extra dollars for a couple months until we
    all get our accounts updated online, please tell me I’m wrong…….thanks in advance.
    where do you register online to pick up a pre?
    Don't want to be a deadhor... Hell yeah, let's beat that horse to death:

Believing an eCare rep (or mostly anyone at this point) it's like believing [insert favorite political figure]!

But thanks for playing!
    The reason they are NOT selling online or over the phone is due to the way they want to inform all the people who buy the phone about the phone and give them a hands on tutorial so they will be "walking out working!" as there slogan goes! Obviously they can't do that online or over the phone!
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    Here is the Link from Buzzaboutwireless. Pay attention to what the Sprint Admin says. baw - No Telesales or Online Orders for the PRE @ Launch - Palm Pre General Discussion - Buzz About Wireless Forum

There will be no telesales or online orders.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast