Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    I'm in pure Pre overload. I just wish I could wipe my mind and forget about the Pre for another 9 days, or turn into a rational human being who doesnt live on these forums.

I'm at the point I check them 20-30 times a day. On my cell phone during the day, at home a tab is kept open on precentral. If i wake up overnight to take a leak I log on real quick.

Has anyone else lost any semblance of rationality when it comes to this phone? Someone come slap me silly and wake me up out of this stupidity.
    Well, you can always have a friend help you freeze yourself and then unfreeze you a day before Pre day.
    I'm in the same boat. Ironically I work in the cellphone business and am getting paid to stay up to date on this lol.
    Since you need to stay up to date, then you'd be the perfect person to help freeze Welance.

(PS: For those that don't know, this is a reference to the Wi episode of SouthPark wherein one of the characters can't wait 3 months for the Nintendo Wi and has a friend help freeze him in the mountains. There's an avalanche and the character doesn't get unfrozen for 500 years.)
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    If he can't freeze then he should just keep it cool.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Ya, keep it cool. Thats what I need to do. I need a .... what do you call it.. intervention. Pretervention?
    I woke up like at 3 am the night the release date was annoucned I couldnt sleep at all that night but now im good.
    Haha, I'd prefer to use a method more like Futurama and Fry. Avalanche's are too messy.
    I have been like this since January 9th! Check the Forum multiple times every day. PreCentral and the Forum are my frist two "home tabs".

This sure is the exciting time, when all the good stuff is being revealed!
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    It is kind of ironic how the Pre launch closely mirrors that of the original iPhone 2 years ago... big announcement in January and then a long wait until June, with lots of information leaked out in the final month leading up to it. Doubtful that's a coincidence, but if there aren't lines snaking around the block when those doors open on June 6, Palm and Sprint will likely be very nervous.

And though I sit here with both iPhones, I still want me some Pre, so go figure!
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I could definitely use a freeze. My best friend is an iPhone user and is being very cool about not bursting or even messing with my Pre bubble... I get a lot of, 'Uh-huh, yeah, cool, that's great...' And honestly, it must be annoying as hell to be on the other end of my excitement. If it wasn't for my fellow addicts here, I would've lost my marbles months ago.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    By the time I buy the phone it will have cost probably several thousand dollars (at least) in lost hours obsessing about it. And I don't even post that much, but I sure have spent way to many hours reading other people's posts.
    Phone History: VisorPhone --> Treo180 --> Treo650--> Treo700p--> PalmCentro --> HTCTouchDiamond (2weeks) --> PalmCentro --> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    I have been like this since January 9th! Check the Forum multiple times every day. PreCentral and the Forum are my frist two "home tabs".

This sure is the exciting time, when all the good stuff is being revealed!
    In the same boat with ya. Kinda hard to believe it's almost 1 week away.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I feel exactly the same, I just want this thing to be over soon (scratch that, NOW) and get the phone in my hands, next Saturday morning.

But... will I miss all this craziness from the past couple of months?
    Will I need therapy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Agibbs996 View Post
    Since you need to stay up to date, then you'd be the perfect person to help freeze Welance.

(PS: For those that don't know, this is a reference to the Wi episode of SouthPark wherein one of the characters can't wait 3 months for the Nintendo Wi and has a friend help freeze him in the mountains. There's an avalanche and the character doesn't get unfrozen for 500 years.)
    OMG, that's hilarious!
    I cant wait until this is over. For me its been almost 2 years of following this story and the last 5 months have been murder!
    Quote Originally Posted by wjclint View Post
    by the time i buy the phone it will have cost my employer probably several thousand dollars (at least) in lost hours obsessing about it. And i don't even post that much, but i sure have spent way to many hours reading other people's posts.
    ftfm.

//edit: I can't wrote in ALL CAPS? C'mon, we don't need training wheels here, do we?
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    OMG, that's hilarious!
    South Park Episode Player - Go God Go

I've been waiting for this thing to come out for months, and now, every day time is slowing down. It's like waiting for Christmas... times a thousand.
    Quote Originally Posted by asforme View Post
    LOL. Lets savor the moment, because this is going to happen all over again and we'll probably stare at our Pre and think I can't wait to upgrade you.

I am shot.. Therapy might be required.

Thanks for posting that episode, just downloaded it and throwing it into iTunes to watch on my Pre.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I can't believe this week is basically done already! Just have to do this one more time and it'll be Preday!
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Hah I am in the same boat as all of you guys, except I have a wife that now thinks I'm crazy for being so interested in a phone... lol
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast