Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I really hope Palm does something today to make him swallow those words.
    I said no one would want to hear what he said in another thread. I knew he'd say something like that.

I'd say Palm would get bought out if something went wrong.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  3.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I said no one would want to hear what he said in another thread. I knew he'd say something like that.

Microsoft should buy Palm and just use WebOS instead of Windows Mobile.
    I pointed this out in an earlier post - Palm problems is cashflow not product. Cashflow can be solved within a week if you can raise finance - Investors are out there.
  5. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    walt mossberg is old like Larry King.
    He should do what he does best i.e. reviewing gadgets.
    Anything else he does , like predicting the cash reserves of PALM .... he is crossing the line.
    Thats the job of analysts.
    Quote Originally Posted by FesterTreo View Post
    I really hope Palm does something today to make him swallow those words.
    Unlikely. Just because he is not a Palm fanboy, it doesn't make what he said untrue. Palm's problems are real, so are Sprints. Both companies have made a lot of mistakes in the past which they are now trying to overcome. I don't really care what happens to Sprint but hopefully Palm surives.
  7. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by no1smartphone View Post
    I pointed this out in an earlier post - Palm problems is cashflow not product. Cashflow can be solved within a week if you can raise finance - Investors are out there.
    well said,
    now with the news that Verizon selling Pre in six months , hmm
    I would buy the PALM stock
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post

ditto - webOS could instantly boost a company into the mobile device game. If that does happen, I just hope the company that picks them up is innovative. *grin* Google can dump Android and pick up webOS!

Personally, I hope Palm pulls it off though...
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    walt mossberg is old like Larry King.
    He should do what he does best i.e. reviewing gadgets.
    Anything else he does , like predicting the cash reserves of PALM .... he is crossing the line.
    Thats the job of analysts.
    Given that he is a Wallstreet Journal writer, he is probably in a much better position to discuss PALM financials than most posters on this forum or on most of the tech blogs.
    He didn't say anything we didn't know. Palm running on fumes? But i suppose for some, that needs repeated wondering why Palm doesn't have this or that in place right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    Unlikely. Just because he is not a Palm fanboy, it doesn't make what he said untrue. Palm's problems are real, so are Sprints. Both companies have made a lot of mistakes in the past which they are now trying to overcome. I don't really care what happens to Sprint but hopefully Palm surives.
    The irony of your first sentence is Mossberg was a known Palm fanboy starting with the Treo 600. He couldn't say enough good about the phone, the company, the user community, even HTC, the manufacturer. He cooed about Palm all the way through every rendition of the 650. But when the 700W came out, he dropped his once true love like a hot potato.
    I find the story interesting from a number of perspectives.

First, the iPhone itself has sold around 20 million (worldwide), not 40 million, which I'm assuming includes iPod Touches. 20 million is still a great number, but it's not 40 million and the US numbers are significantly lower. Until the Pre is released worldwide, it's the iPhone in the US that it needs to be compared to.

Second, the Pre is exclusive to Sprint for a relatively short time. It'll (apparently) be on Verizon soon and will be going global even sooner, and the Eos will be on AT&T at an aggressive price point. So, Mossberg is being disingenuous when he says that Palm is threatened by its Sprint exclusive. All Palm needs to do is generate enough cash to make it until everything else falls into place.

Pretty weak story, in my opinion.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  13. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    yes sire,
    Where there are problems , there are solutions.
    We all know PALM and SPRINT have problems , chill out, they will overcome them.
    I am not sure why on earth people are bothered about cash situation.
    There were statements by Ed and Hesse that both companies have enough resources to go with the Pre launch and beyond.
    Last edited by gbp; 05/28/2009 at 01:31 PM.
    I don't really care what happens to Sprint but hopefully Palm surives.
    I'm actually more the opposite. I would hate to choose from one of the illegal wiretappers (ATT or VZW) or the one with lacking 3G coverage. My bill would go up quite a bit if I had to switch to another carrier so I have a vested interest in Sprint staying afloat. Considering how much fiber they own and how much cash they have I am not too worried but I still like the fact that at least one carrier has tried to compete on price even if just a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    But when the 700W came out, he dropped his once true love like a hot potato.
    Well, you can only recycle a design so many times before everyone grows tired of you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Well, you can only recycle a design so many times before everyone grows tired of you.
    Sad, but true.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I'd love for M$'s deep pockets to keep Palm/Sprint alive if it comes to that but M$ will not invest in something that unless it further promotes Windows.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post

First, the iPhone itself has sold around 20 million (worldwide), not 40 million, which I'm assuming includes iPod Touches. 20 million is still a great number, but it's not 40 million and the US numbers are significantly lower. Until the Pre is released worldwide, it's the iPhone in the US that it needs to be compared to.
    He clarifies that in the video interview - 40M "of these devices" of which the "iPhone is probably the majority".
    God, I watched the video against my own better judgment and wish I hadn't. I just cannot stand the guy, at all. It's amazing how he's done so well for himself considering how little talk of substance actually comes out of his mouth.
    Palm III -> Visor Prism -> Dell Axim X30 Hi -> HTC Apache -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch Pro

Ev-Do Rev. A Tethered on my TP:
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast