View Poll Results: Do you like the new Pre ringtone?

Voters
194. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

46 23.71%
  • It's okay, maybe as a secondary ringtone.

79 40.72%
  • You won't hear that coming out of my phone!

69 35.57%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    There's already a thread discussing this, but I thought a poll was in order.

Here's the link to the ringtone.

What do you think?
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
    I like it a lot.
    Just a little girly-sounding for me.

"I wish my lawn were goth, so it would cut itself." -unknown
    Nothing special but preferable to some overdriven clip of the latest Lil Wayne or Nickleback track blasting from a 1/4" speaker
  6.    #6  
    By the way, thanks to Kupe for "You won't hear that coming out of my phone" and PhoneDiva for "it's okay maybe as a secondary ringtone".
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    The chimes might drive me nuts after the 20th call or so.
    They should rename it the Fisher-Price ringer. Sounds like a cheap toy.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    The next thing you know this will be on top of the charts.
    You're not suppose to like it. Isn't that the point?
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
    They should rename it the Fisher-Price ringer. Sounds like a cheap toy.
    When did "Fisher Price" become the de facto insult for electronics that weren't "badass" enough? I remember hearing it about Windows, about Nintendo, and about a ton of other things.

It's a ringtone. It doesn't have to come booming out of a subwoofer for ****s sake.
    its OK, it sounds a bit too busy. So many different sounds coming out at the same time. I like the iPhones ringtone, it was simple. But thats pretty much all that I like about the iPhone haha.
    Didn't like it on the very first listen, but I started to immediately after that. I agree it's a little bit girly though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoffman109 View Post
    Just a little girly-sounding for me.
    Isn't your "quote" a little flawed? Shouldn't it be Emo? not Goth?
    Just curious...what constitutes "manly" since I hear a lot of "girly" responses?

Thumping bass? Screaming guitars?
    Mine is either on vibrate or on a normal phone ringer. It sounds too busy for me.
    Lots of high delicate chimes. You can interpret that as girly or more of a soothing zen thing. I'm not complaining, I can just understand how people would see it that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
    Just curious...what constitutes "manly" since I hear a lot of "girly" responses?

Thumping bass? Screaming guitars?
    Probably... Farts? idk. Belching? Hmmm
    I like it enough not to grab a phone I hear playing it and smash it into bits. But I don't like it enough to use it - I'll be switching my Pre to the Futurama theme as soon as possible.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Yeah... its sounds a little too cutesy for me.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast