View Poll Results: Do you like the new Pre ringtone?

Voters
194. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

46 23.71%
  • It's okay, maybe as a secondary ringtone.

79 40.72%
  • You won't hear that coming out of my phone!

69 35.57%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    I like it, will probably use it for wife calling. General calltone will still be the GREATEST ringtone of all time. Yackity Sax!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    Eh, who wants to use midi for a ringtone when all current phones (including the Pre) support MP3 ringers?

Personally, I've got a ton of ringers collected from old devices and from the Internet, but what I'm using mostly now are a couple songs that actually work really well that way as far as I'm concerned- while they're musical, they sort of give the impression of a regular ringtone as well, and of course they're all acoustic and with no lyrics are the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Eh, who wants to use midi for a ringtone when all current phones (including the Pre) - except the iPhone - support MP3 ringers?
    Fixed that for 'ya.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Eh, who wants to use midi for a ringtone when all current phones (including the Pre) support MP3 ringers?

Personally, I've got a ton of ringers collected from old devices and from the Internet, but what I'm using mostly now are a couple songs that actually work really well that way as far as I'm concerned- while they're musical, they sort of give the impression of a regular ringtone as well, and of course they're all acoustic and with no lyrics are the time.
    every mp3 song ringer ive tried sounds TOO much like a real song and not like a ringer. i don't want music/a song blaring out of my phone like the radio is on every time it rings. i have a very nice midi that's crystal clear and subtle yet dynamic but not annoying that i use - and i've never heard anyone else use it so it's somewhat unique.
    It's OK, but won't inspire me enough to get rid of of my "Bad to Bone" intro ringtone!
    no - i own and wear some very nice high quality dress shirts that are pink. along with a pink tie or two. but i don't want tinkerbells for my ringtone.
    lmfao

fair enough.
    Its way better than some of the other palm ringtones on past phones have been!
    every mp3 song ringer ive tried sounds TOO much like a real song and not like a ringer. i don't want music/a song blaring out of my phone like the radio is on every time it rings.
    OK, I know this is getting a little off topic, but you've got to get a little creative to make a good song into a ringtone (in my NeverLikelyToBeCalleHumble Opinion).

I mentioned my default Bad to the Bone ringtone, I'll use that as an example.

First of all, for the most part, I don't like songs with words as my ringtone. Just a personal thing, but the ringtones I have either have no words, or just short phrases.

So, I took the intro to Bad to the Bone, and grabbed the first few measures (it's been a while, but I think it was 4 measures). then I repeated that once. Then I took out all of the pauses, which knocked to two measures, and repeated that 3 times. So, I have a reasonably short ringtone that sounds like it speeds up if I don't answer it (not really, just has fewer pauses), it's instantly recongizeable, but still is not mistaken for the song.

However, I did hear the song come on the radio the other day, and automatically reached for my phone, until the words started...
    Here's what I have on my phone....I need something loud since I work outdoors. Just make sure to anwser it fast if your in a public place...or else you'll get "THE LOOK".

Download 20hz To 20khz Sweep ringtones to your cell phone - he he realy horrible sound - 20hzto20k | Zedge
    Last edited by pablo7; 05/28/2009 at 05:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by pablo7 View Post
    Here's what I have on my phone....I need something loud since I work outdoors. Just make sure to anwser it fast if your your in a public place...or else you'll get "THE LOOK".

Download 20hz To 20khz Sweep ringtones to your cell phone - he he realy horrible sound - 20hzto20k | Zedge
    you're kidding, right? that was awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    OK, I know this is getting a little off topic, but you've got to get a little creative to make a good song into a ringtone (in my NeverLikelyToBeCalleHumble Opinion).

I mentioned my default Bad to the Bone ringtone, I'll use that as an example.

First of all, for the most part, I don't like songs with words as my ringtone. Just a personal thing, but the ringtones I have either have no words, or just short phrases.

So, I took the intro to Bad to the Bone, and grabbed the first few measures (it's been a while, but I think it was 4 measures). then I repeated that once. Then I took out all of the pauses, which knocked to two measures, and repeated that 3 times. So, I have a reasonably short ringtone that sounds like it speeds up if I don't answer it (not really, just has fewer pauses), it's instantly recongizeable, but still is not mistaken for the song.

However, I did hear the song come on the radio the other day, and automatically reached for my phone, until the words started...
    singing/rapping, electric guitar, drums, loud horns etc. on a ringtone is cheesy IMO. subtlety and simplicity should prevail.
    I thought it was pretty good for a ringtone, and since I read on the front page earlier (you all know there IS a frontpage, no? ) that these sounds are naturally played (as opposed to synth-programmed) they actually sounded a bit more organic and different from everything else.

From the composer's blog:
    The ringtones were composed using Apple’s LOGIC 8 software, and played-in in real time, so they have a “human” feel.” The instrumentation is international, and all virtual.
    I don't like it. I find it effeminate and highly offensive. tinkerbells.
    as a heterosexual man, i'd be embarrassed and ashamed to use that as my ringtone.
    Insecure much?
    Sounds like a kid playing with pots and pans.
    you're kidding, right? that was awful.
    Nope, I alternate between that one and classic phone.
    I hate missing calls.
    Not for me, I don't really care for it.
    It will be perfect for Christmas caroling this year!
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    it's okay but i gotta admit that it is catchy after you listen to it a few times
    Sincerely,

Dwight Shrute
    I agree that it is "girly" and Tinkerbell-like.

But what do you expect from a phone that has a makeup mirror for the little lady?

(ducking for cover now!)
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    Probably... Farts? idk. Belching? Hmmm
    Farting and Burping ringtone. Download it here, at Ringophone.com
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast