View Poll Results: Do you like the new Pre ringtone?

Voters
194. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

46 23.71%
  • It's okay, maybe as a secondary ringtone.

79 40.72%
  • You won't hear that coming out of my phone!

69 35.57%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
    When did "Fisher Price" become the de facto insult for electronics that weren't "badass" enough? I remember hearing it about Windows, about Nintendo, and about a ton of other things.

It's a ringtone. It doesn't have to come booming out of a subwoofer for ****s sake.
    It's got nothing to to with being "badass" or having thumping bass. This one is just plain toy-ish. It also reminds me a little of .

A ringtone is supposed to alert you that you have a call. It's not supposed to annoy you into stabbing your finger at the answer button in a desperate attempt to shut the maddening thing up. The latter is what I envision this rigntone doing to me.
    I don't like it. I find it effeminate and highly offensive. tinkerbells.
    Why does it remind me of "The Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies" so much?
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    i'm a girly & i like the zen vibe. it gets my attention without being obnoxious or startling.
    My journey: PalmPilotPro->PalmPilotIIIx->Treo300->Treo600->Treo650->Treo755p->Pre->FrankenPre2
    Sounds like bad Xmas music.
    It's OK as far as musical ringtones go, but I prefer more professional, non-musical alerts.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy70 View Post
    It's OK as far as musical ringtones go, but I prefer more professional, non-musical alerts.
    I like that it's musical but still sounds like a ringing phone. A hybrid, if you will.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    It's OK, nothing to write home about. I like having ringers for individuals, so I'll probably use this for people who are not in my contact list.
    I think I threw up in my mouth a little bit...
    Palm III -> Visor Prism -> Dell Axim X30 Hi -> HTC Apache -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch Pro

Ev-Do Rev. A Tethered on my TP:
    I love it. But I guess I'm a little metro that way. It reminded me a little of the background music in the latest Battlestar Galactica series.
  11. r0k
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    I think it will sound cool coming from my Blackberry as heads turn and people wonder if I snagged a Pre... Not to worry, Verizon is already trash talkin' about having the Pre in 6 months. In Verizon speak that means "after certification testing" which is a euphemism for crippling 18 - 24 months of crippling.
    -r0k

The 650 was a fine phone and was WAY more than a phone, but it's data rate was 1 bit per fortnight. The 755p was somewhat better until its instability chased me to ... wait for it... the BB 8830 From the BB 8830 I went to iPhone 4 and have never been happier. Farewell Palm. Palm Devices List (updated 10/17/2011).
    as a heterosexual man, i'd be embarrassed and ashamed to use that as my ringtone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    as a heterosexual man, i'd be embarrassed and ashamed to use that as my ringtone.
    Are you also horrified of pink?

Gender stereotypes for the win!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Van Gaasbeek View Post
    I love it. But I guess I'm a little metro that way. It reminded me a little of the background music in the latest Battlestar Galactica series.
    uh - "metro" and "Battlestar Galactica" have absolutely nothing to do with one another.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post
    Are you also horrified of pink?

Gender stereotypes for the win!
    no - i own and wear some very nice high quality dress shirts that are pink. along with a pink tie or two. but i don't want tinkerbells for my ringtone.
    I won't be playing that.....when I get a call.
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    I bet you don't like Coldplay either! He he he.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    I bet you don't like Coldplay either! He he he.
    no - i listen to stuff like this -

http://streampoint.radioio.com/strea.../45f1dc3f273b9

to each his own.
    I'm surrounded by iphones so I will put the iphone ringtone on my Pre. No need to be obnoxious to jealous iphone owners.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    I'm surrounded by iphones so I will put the iphone ringtone on my Pre. No need to be obnoxious to jealous iphone owners.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast