1.    #1  
    I know I have to dump my SERO for an Everything plan and I'm fine with that, but in the SERO announcement last week, Sprint said:

"3. SERO customers should be directed to Telesales for upgrades and plan swaps. "

But if telesales isn't going to in the loop for a while, are those of us willing to lose our SERO plans being left out in the cold at launch?

Ok, I suppose no one knows the answer to this yet, but it's one more silly thing to worry about as we try to find a way to get a Pre. I'm afraid if I try to change my plan in advance of the launch, they'll botch it and I'll lose my upgrade ability. (VZW jobbed me like that a couple of years ago -- hey look, other carriers have awful service too!) I also don't want to give up my plan too soon if shortages mean that I can't get a Pre for a couple of months.
    You can change your plan without ordering the phone...it does not change upgrade eligibility. Or at least it's not suppose to. I really don't anticipate any problems with that.

I'd change plans next week and work hard to get that Pre of yours on day one!
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." —L. Ron Hubbard
    That's what I'm doing, calling on Monday and changing my SERO to a EPRP taking effect on Thursday.
    I'll be good to go for Saturday morning.
    I don't remember where since I've been reading so much about the Pre but I read Sprint will let Sero users upgrade to Everything Plus in store.

I'd call and ask, and it seems odd, but it might be so.
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    That's what I'm doing, calling on Monday and changing my SERO to a EPRP taking effect on Thursday.
    I'll be good to go for Saturday morning.
    Why are you choosing Thursday as the effective day -is that your billing cycle end date?

I also am changing my SERO plan next week (around Tue/Wed) but will get the regular Everything Data $70/mth + 27% corporate discount.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post
    I don't remember where since I've been reading so much about the Pre but I read Sprint will let Sero users upgrade to Everything Plus in store.

I'd call and ask, and it seems odd, but it might be so.
    From the leaked Launch Guide:

SERO customers should be directed to Telesales for upgrades and plan swaps.
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
    I would switch now to allow all changes to be reflected on your account ASAP. I just changed to an everything plan and it took a little bit for all the changes to take effect.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Why are you choosing Thursday as the effective day -is that your billing cycle end date?

I also am changing my SERO plan next week (around Tue/Wed) but will get the regular Everything Data $70/mth + 27% corporate discount.
    No, my cycle ends June 11 but since it's pro rated, I'm going to hold on as long as possible.
    Since the phone doesn't come out til Saturday, I figure changing 5 days out is OK.
    If the rep tells me if the change date isn't early enough, I'll have it take effect earlier.
    BTW, how you'd get the 27 % CD?
    BTW, how you'd get the 27 % CD?
    I entered my work email into the Sprint website and I received an email notifying me that I was elegible. While signing up for the discount, it was disclosed it would be 27% (just the bill, not from devices, accessories, etc).
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    I entered my work email into the Sprint website and I received an email notifying me that I was elegible. While signing up for the discount, it was disclosed it would be 27% (just the bill, not from devices, accessories, etc).
    Nice, wish my place was with Sprint, it's VZW.
    I'll see if my CU has a discount, if not, it will be EPRP.
    I was a SERO User and went and switched in store Monday to prepare. It was easy. And I gave them the CU code for 25% off Alliant Credit union (google it) and they took it and applied it no problem.

Using the alliant code is cheaper than Everything Plus.
    I just got off the phone with first an in-store rep and then a phone CSR, and this is what I learned from those sources:
    1. The store will not be able to change my SERO plan, so since the Pre will require and everything something or other plan, if I go into the conversation with them with a SERO plan, they won't be able to switch me and sell me the phone.
    2. From the phone CSR, a rate plan change from calling them can take place immediately.

So this the the plan I concocted: go into the store, and once I confirm that they have enough inventory to put a Pre into my hot little hands, I'll call the phone CSRs to change my plan immediately, thus, 1) allowing the in-store rep to manipulate my plan as necessary, and 2) safeguarding me from switching out of the SERO plan without a Pre being available (since the launch materials suggested that, once you come off the SERO plans, there ain't no going back...).

I asked the phone CSR whether this plan would work, and he believed that it would...

...maybe that's a little too much to pin on one CSR's belief...but I'd rather not inflate my bill, fall prey to the Pre's low inventory, then be stuck with an extra $40 per month in Sprint bill until their inventory comes up again.

What do you guys think?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowhawk View Post
    I just got off the phone with first an in-store rep and then a phone CSR, and this is what I learned from those sources:
    1. The store will not be able to change my SERO plan, so since the Pre will require and everything something or other plan, if I go into the conversation with them with a SERO plan, they won't be able to switch me and sell me the phone.
    2. From the phone CSR, a rate plan change from calling them can take place immediately.

So this the the plan I concocted: go into the store, and once I confirm that they have enough inventory to put a Pre into my hot little hands, I'll call the phone CSRs to change my plan immediately, thus, 1) allowing the in-store rep to manipulate my plan as necessary, and 2) safeguarding me from switching out of the SERO plan without a Pre being available (since the launch materials suggested that, once you come off the SERO plans, there ain't no going back...).

I asked the phone CSR whether this plan would work, and he believed that it would...

...maybe that's a little too much to pin on one CSR's belief...but I'd rather not inflate my bill, fall prey to the Pre's low inventory, then be stuck with an extra $40 per month in Sprint bill until their inventory comes up again.

What do you guys think?
    I'd do it a couple of days before just to be safe.