Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey guys, PreCentral has posted the default ringtone: Palm Pre Ringtone

Personally, I think it sounds a bit like kids playing with a xylophone.
    Last edited by ImmaSlave4U; 05/28/2009 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Edit for credit
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." L. Ron Hubbard
    Actually... PreCentral posted it...

"'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    I like it!
    I don't like it, sounds horrible IMO. It will be one of the first things I change.
    Follow Me On

Too long!
    Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy. -- Lois Tulleners
    It's different! Got any links to optional ring tones?
    Not sure why we're posting here as if this isn't precentral. But:

I think it's appropriate for the design goals of the phone. The phone was designed with inspiration from nature: river stones, aesthetically organic, etc. The Ring Tone is reminiscent of Zen and Budhist tubular bells. So, this ringtone complements the Pres design goals.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    Not sure why we're posting here as if this isn't precentral.
    Sir, this is a forum. It is for discussion. Not sure why you're adding to a thread you don't see the point of anyway.

The Ring Tone is reminiscent of Zen and Budhist tubular bells.
    Lol well, it certainly doesn't sooth me, that's for sure.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." L. Ron Hubbard
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    Sir, this is a forum. It is for discussion. Not sure why you're adding to a thread you don't see the point of anyway.
    Never said I don't see the point of this discussion. Said I don't know why we're talking as if this isn't precentral.
  11.    #11  
    Never said I don't see the point of this discussion. Said I don't know why we're talking as if this isn't precentral.
    Who's doing that? When I first posted this, I had seen it on EverythingPre and stated that they were the ones who posted it. Derek pointed out that PreCentral posted it first. Nobody is talking as if this isn't precentral.
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    Who's doing that? When I first posted this, I had seen it on EverythingPre and stated that they were the ones who posted it. Derek pointed out that PreCentral posted it first. Nobody is talking as if this isn't precentral.
    ...And people wonder why so many of us just troll. People get so sensative sometime it's not worth posting. I was just making an on-the-side comment that the wording of the original post sounded to me as if the author was refering to a third party web site, such as BGR. I never mentioned that the topic is not discussion-worthy; moreover the main point of my own post was to add to the discussion. Would you like me to go back and edit the post to remove the simple observation I mention here?
    anyone have links to all 8 ringtones?
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    It's different! Got any links to optional ring tones?
    Nope! I'm curious to hear them too.
    I love how they created their own custom professional ringtones for the pre.
    Two thumbs down from me for the Pre ring tone. I remember hen I had heard the Treo ringtone the very first time and immediately had liked it but unfortunately such is nto the case with this ringtone.
    I'm so silly. I really like it. I've listened to it about 14 times.

I suppose you'll get people on both sides of this, as with anything else. It'd be neat to see a poll. OP: can you add a poll to this?
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    It's OK as a secondary ringtone, maybe for a contact. Not as the main one though. I saved it .

You can also cut it down if you know how.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    I'm so silly. I really like it. I've listened to it about 14 times.

I suppose you'll get people on both sides of this, as with anything else. It'd be neat to see a poll. OP: can you add a poll to this?
    I think a mod would have to do that. I don't see a poll option when I go into advanced edit. Anyway, I didn't like it at first, but it's grown on my a little bit.
    Too in-your-face for me. I like a simple audible but unobtrusive sound. I can imagine using the first note.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast