Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm reminded of a fancy mantle clock and every hour the clock chimes the hour, then the Palm Pre ringtone starts playing and little forest animals and dancing couples come out of the clock and swirl and prance around and hug hug each other in front of the clock. The music ends and they all slip back into the clock awaiting the next hourly chime. Awww! Cute! Magical!

You won't hear that ring tone coming out of my phone.
    Eh! Not my cup of tea at all.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    I don't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    Never said I don't see the point of this discussion. Said I don't know why we're talking as if this isn't precentral.
    Well, maybe you aren't aware, but these boards are shared with TreoCentral, so it's possible that some of the posters are NOT on PreCentral.

Perish the thought!

--Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    Well, maybe you aren't aware, but these boards are shared with TreoCentral, so it's possible that some of the posters are NOT on PreCentral.

Perish the thought!

I'm one of those still programmed to visit the boards via discussion.treocentral.com. Old habits die hard.

As far as the topic at hand, it's annoying enough to make you want to answer the phone just to shut it up. Of course it can easily be muted if you decide not to answer.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    I just made a shortened ringtone out of it, and will now test it.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    There was something catchy about the 650's default ringtone. This one doesn't have the same oomph, in my opinion, but I don't have the seething hate for it that some seem to have.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    IMO it's a bit too girly for you guys, LOL!

But I can stomach it as a contact ringtone. Even an SMS tone if shortened even more.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Will it play that long? Now, the ring cuts off too soon. Will it be longer on the Pre?
    Laissez Faire
    I would've preferred it if the tempo was a bit lower (i.e. a bit slower).

But not like it matter anyways, I'll be loading my own tones.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    i have to say ... it's really exciting to "hear' the Pre talk ... Th Treo ringer was distinct. there was a movie which used a treo in it and the treo rig was almost a character. like it or not, it's exciting to know what the phone sounds like.,
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    I'm going to use it, I like it. I played it 5 times in a row before lol, just dreaming about when that sound means I have a call on my awesome Pre.

What's it, 9 days? Can't believe it's been 6 months..it's definitely felt like it but I'm happy it's all behind us. 9 days!

I'm keeping this ringtone but am loading my own wallpaper, I like more grungy, edgy and busy wallpapers than the calm scenic ones loaded.
    It sounds lame and not distinctive.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12