Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 49
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by abarrera View Post
    2 lines on my account will have the Pre - but they're for my husband and I and he will be there in line with me. I'm thinking that they'll let you buy as many Pre's as you have lines for...but to be safe you should get someone/anyone to stand with you in line so you're not turned away.
    I wonder if my 7 year old daughter will work? LOL

    I really am getting 2 Pre's for me and my wife (as soon as they'll let me), but she looks at me like I'm crazy for even thinking about standing in line for this stuff.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre-Me View Post
    I wonder if my 7 year old daughter will work? LOL

    I really am getting 2 Pre's for me and my wife (as soon as they'll let me), but she looks at me like I'm crazy for even thinking about standing in line for this stuff.
    hah take a friend with you...or just tell your wife if she really wants one she'll go with you...and if not and she changes her mind later...too bad!
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by abarrera View Post
    2 lines on my account will have the Pre - but they're for my husband and I and he will be there in line with me. I'm thinking that they'll let you buy as many Pre's as you have lines for...but to be safe you should get someone/anyone to stand with you in line so you're not turned away.
    Just a side comment: I always thought that it was Mr. Barrera posting here (didn't figure Mrs. Barrera would be a Pre fan -sorry about the assumption!).

    Good luck on the 6th! We'll all need it.
  4. #24  
    I think they should be doing it one per account, not per line. Think about it, someone comes in to get a family plan but can only get the pre on one line and will be able to get others shortly after launch will probably sign up despite being pissed off. I mean, they stood in line early in the morning, it's not like they're going to walk away because they could only get one. But if you sell this person 4 Pres and the next person in line is turned away before they can get a chance to sign a contract, that person is out the door and possibly a lost sale. Sprint should be using whatever methods necessary to make sure no one walks out the door without signing a contract.

    Secondly, I'm selfish and only need 1 pre on launch, and I want my one before every parent starts buying one for all 5 of their spoiled children.
  5. #25  
    My local R-shack said 1 per customer...
  6. #26  
    I'm not sure there's a right or wrong answer here.

    "Socialism" or not, I think it could be a good idea AT FIRST. If there really will be initial shortages, and some person somehow gets 10(maybe an exaggeration but you know what I mean), there's suspicion about where some of the 10 will end up(eBay, Craig's) and that will leave legit customers out in the cold.

    However if an existing customer really has all those lines to upgrade and the fact that he/she was in there first, that should count for something. I would be suspicious of a new customer wanting several lines though.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  7. #27  
    Well, Im a new customer & plan on getting the family plan w/ 2 Pres for me & the wife. No, wife cant come & sit in a line w/ me for hours because we have a little baby at home, so thats just not happening. So if Sprint wants to play that way, then they can go jump in a lake.
  8. #28  
    They didn't really specify anything yet, did they?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  9. #29  
    i hope they limit to one per customer. imagine you are in line and you are on deck. dude askes to upgraded all 5 of his family lines to pres.

    -sorry, we only have 4 pres left...do you still want to upgrade the 4?

    -sure, ill just upgraded the 5th when the get back in stock.

    now you are standing in line, d1ck in 1 hand & your old phone in the other. so, to those who want to go purchase more than 1 pre at launch, please dont. dont be a dik. k thx bye
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by supervillain View Post
    i hope they limit to one per customer. imagine you are in line and you are on deck. dude askes to upgraded all 5 of his family lines to pres.

    -sorry, we only have 4 pres left...do you still want to upgrade the 4?

    -sure, ill just upgraded the 5th when the get back in stock.

    now you are standing in line, d1ck in 1 hand & your old phone in the other. so, to those who want to go purchase more than 1 pre at launch, please dont. dont be a dik. k thx bye
    If you're first in line, there's no one in front of you to upgrade all of their lines. You win. Problem solved.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by supervillain View Post
    i hope they limit to one per customer. imagine you are in line and you are on deck. dude askes to upgraded all 5 of his family lines to pres.

    -sorry, we only have 4 pres left...do you still want to upgrade the 4?

    -sure, ill just upgraded the 5th when the get back in stock.

    now you are standing in line, d1ck in 1 hand & your old phone in the other. so, to those who want to go purchase more than 1 pre at launch, please dont. dont be a dik. k thx bye
    You REALY hold that in your hand when you stand in line.
    I mean... yuck.
    Don't let that guy play with the demo unit.

    Seriously though, the guidelines are pretty straightforward about the standards on the forum. I don't think stuff like that qualifies as "family oriented".
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by celsian View Post
    If you're first in line, there's no one in front of you to upgrade all of their lines. You win. Problem solved.
    true. what time do you guys plan on going to the sprint store? I was thinking about taking a ride over there around 5AM just to see if there is a line starting. if so, ill hop in. if not, ill take a 3 hour nap in the car, wake up and go get my pre.


    hparsons, do you go 25mph in a 25mph zone? or do you speed a little? relax dude
    Last edited by supervillain; 05/28/2009 at 07:16 PM.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Just a side comment: I always thought that it was Mr. Barrera posting here (didn't figure Mrs. Barrera would be a Pre fan -sorry about the assumption!).

    Good luck on the 6th! We'll all need it.
    hahaha well we are both Pre fans (really cell phone fans in general) but Mr. Barrera doesn't care about signing up on a forum and posting...he just reads up on his daily sites and tells me what he finds out!
  14. #34  
    we plan on going to the store early. prob 5 or 6am...we've waited long enough and we'd rather wait outside and make sure we get one...plus we'll be too excited to stay home!
  15. twigg's Avatar
    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    #35  
    I think that its ok for a person to buy more than one of a Pre as long as its on a line. I dont like people hording things and eBaying it though. If they have three lines than they have a right to three Pres, permitted they were in front of you. Just my opinion though.
  16. frediev's Avatar
    Posts
    112 Posts
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    #36  
    Not sure everyone is aware of this but if you are a premier customer with a family plan and you qualify for the 150 upgrade because you have one year since your last purchase you will only qualify for the 150 upgrade on the primary line. All the other lines will have to wait the full two years. I find this policy frustrating because I am forced to buy and all everything plan even though two of the phones on my plan can't use the data service. If I want to upgrade those phones at the same time to take advantage of data I don't get the upgrade discount. Whats up with that.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    For my sake, I sure hope they limit to 1 per customer. I want one, and there would be nothing worse than to have the guy in front of me buy three or four, leaving me with none. At least have the courtesy to bring multiple people to stand in line if you want multiple Pres.

    Im getting two...I better...
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by supervillain View Post
    hparsons, do you go 25mph in a 25mph zone? or do you speed a little? relax dude
    If it's a school zone, or I'm zipping around other cars trying to speed - uh nope.

    Go wash your hands dood.
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by frediev View Post
    Not sure everyone is aware of this but if you are a premier customer with a family plan and you qualify for the 150 upgrade because you have one year since your last purchase you will only qualify for the 150 upgrade on the primary line. All the other lines will have to wait the full two years. I find this policy frustrating because I am forced to buy and all everything plan even though two of the phones on my plan can't use the data service. If I want to upgrade those phones at the same time to take advantage of data I don't get the upgrade discount. Whats up with that.
    Wait, this is kind of confusing. If I am not the primary line (which i am not) i can NOT upgraded on the 6th, even if i have the 150 upgrade at that time? that would REALLY make me mad. I dont see how/why sprint would do that though.



    hparsons, you come here just for that? how about adding something to the thread. im sure there is something in the 'RULES' about completely useless posts that add nothing at all to the topic in discussion. I already got your point, now get over it. ( . Y . )

    and yes, those are big ol tattys
    Last edited by supervillain; 05/29/2009 at 09:22 AM.
  20. frediev's Avatar
    Posts
    112 Posts
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    #40  
    Wait, this is kind of confusing. If I am not the primary line (which i am not) i can NOT upgraded on the 6th, even if i have the 150 upgrade at that time? that would REALLY make me mad. I dont see how/why sprint would do that though
    If you have upgraded within the last two years you won't qualify for the 150 upgrade. If you have been two years or more since your last upgrade than you will qualify. This is according the the last conversation with Sprint customer service you may want to check it out a second time if you don't qualify with two years.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions