Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    The first few lines aren't too encouraging. Sounds like BGR is being its usual shrill self for Apple right now.

On top of it, their photos suck. Jeez, people on these forums have posted pictures 20 times better. What the heck BGR?
    Palm III -> Visor Prism -> Dell Axim X30 Hi -> HTC Apache -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch Pro

Ev-Do Rev. A Tethered on my TP:
    Kind of what I feared about the keyboard, that top row is close to the phone lip...

/shrug they could report that it kicks you in the balls everytime you hit the "R" key and people here would still defend it. So some negativity is good and expected in a good review. Since we don't actually have a full review yet its hard to say one way or another if they are biased.
  4.    #4  
    I'm looking forward to seeing what they say when they finish up they're review.
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    I am confident the keyboard will be fine after some getting use to. Every mobile keyboard, physical or virtual, takes getting use to.

And I fully expect them to give the Pre a good review but ultimately say the iPhone is better. Watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    And I fully expect them to give the Pre a good review but ultimately say the iPhone is better. Watch.
    Of course they will, but then again, this is BGR...

Not to mention, they'll always neglect to tell you that the iPhone's comparable AT&T plan is going to be like $120-$130 for it to be usable, while with Palm you can get away with either $60 for Everything Data 500 mins or $99 for Everything...

I agree, they've already made up their minds. They should give a Pre to Engadget, ironically they seem like they're shying away from being apple shrills lately.
    Palm III -> Visor Prism -> Dell Axim X30 Hi -> HTC Apache -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch Pro

Quote Originally Posted by nerdtalker View Post
    The first few lines aren't too encouraging. Sounds like BGR is being its usual shrill self for Apple right now.

On top of it, their photos suck. Jeez, people on these forums have posted pictures 20 times better. What the heck BGR?
    BGR is trash.. I don't take anything from that guy seriously. When you're an Apple fanboy, you never give anything a chance, and just find ways to bash something that's superior to what they have out.
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdtalker View Post
    Of course they will, but then again, this is BGR...

Not to mention, they'll always neglect to tell you that the iPhone's comparable AT&T plan is going to be like $120-$130 for it to be usable, while with Palm you can get away with either $60 for Everything Data 500 mins or $99 for Everything...

I agree, they've already made up their minds. They should give a Pre to Engadget, ironically they seem like they're shying away from being apple shrills lately.

The whole price thing is really pointless because in ways AT&T is cheaper than Sprint. Especially when you look at family plans. I for one have a 5 line unity which works out to $154 (Before discounts) with my Iphone on it, 1400 minutes, rollover and free calls to AT&T land lines and mobile phones.

Out of our 3k minutes on all lines around 400 of them are anytime minutes. I've got like 12k rollover minutes. With Sprint I'd use significantly more minutes because AT&T including free calling to AT&T landlines and Rollover.

So both companies have great plans IF you fit their mold. Sprint by no means is cheaper across the board.

As for Boy Genius they will probably give the nod to Iphone for the increased specs coming in a month, larger app store, proven tech and better construction (glass screen, less plastic feel). With a foot note to apple to take note on multitasking.

Despite that any negatives they talk about the Pre could still be valid complaints, we'll just have to wait and see. We know one thing, that keyboard is one of the more iffy things, it certainly is no Blackberry keyboard.
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Looks like Boy Genius was holding off until today (Thursday). It just turned Thursday. If he's staying up all night to do the review, must be that other reviews will come later in the day, and he wants to be first.

Wasn't Palm going to reveal something cool on Thursday? Was that this Thursday or next?
    Quote Originally Posted by jtlapp View Post
    Looks like Boy Genius was holding off until today (Thursday). It just turned Thursday. If he's staying up all night to do the review, must be that other reviews will come later in the day, and he wants to be first.

Wasn't Palm going to reveal something cool on Thursday? Was that this Thursday or next?
    The palm Honcho was speaking today and Mossturd had hinted that he would drop some info not even speculated on in blogs.

All rumor thus far but we should know by the end of today.
    for the iPhone sway. The Apple disease is a serious one folks.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    I wonder if more blogs are going to be giving reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    The palm Honcho was speaking today and Mossturd had hinted that he would drop some info not even speculated on in blogs.

All rumor thus far but we should know by the end of today.
    Mossturd? You just made my day, LOL!

I'm sick of all the secrecy and rumors, it seems like Palm is trying to milk the hype for all it's worth, and yet, the people who care are already hooked. Where's the advertising for the layperson? Where are the TV spots and all the media frenzy that was supposed to be happening? Am I just oblivious to it?

"Yes — you’re looking at the first site in the world to have a Palm Pre (or at least be able to post it up)."

Guess they haven't heard about these forums .
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    /shrug they could report that it kicks you in the balls everytime you hit the "R" key and people here would still defend it. So some negativity is good and expected in a good review. Since we don't actually have a full review yet its hard to say one way or another if they are biased.
    Only because Apple's ball kicker app is a $1 download, and Window's 7's ball kicker dll is an undocumented feature that takes up 256mb of memory.
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    BGR is trash.. I don't take anything from that guy seriously. When you're an Apple fanboy, you never give anything a chance, and just find ways to bash something that's superior to what they have out.
    Anything Sprint or Palm related coming from BGR/Engadget will be anything but objective. These guys have a permanent ATT/Apple hard-on so I wouldn't expect much from them.
    Phone history with Sprint since April 2001: Kyocera QCP-2035, LG Touchpoint 1100, Samsung i500, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 755p, HTC Mogul, Blackberry 8830, Samsung A900M, Motorola ic902, Blackberry Curve 8330, Samsung Instinct, HTC Touch, Treo 800w, Touch Diamond, Touch Pro, Motorola i9, Treo Pro (personal)/Iphone 3G 16GB (gone to make room for Pre), Palm Pre, blackberry tour, iPhone 3GS 32GB
  17. joelpalm
    LOL check the comments section, they were corrected.
    actually, i think engadget is far more objective than BGR. despite engadget's comparisons to the iPhone, they simply use it because it seems to be the standard for comparison instead of BGR's "nothing beats the iphone except the BB tour because it has a great keyboard"
    Quote Originally Posted by smatyas View Post
    actually, i think engadget is far more objective than BGR. despite engadget's comparisons to the iPhone, they simply use it because it seems to be the standard for comparison instead of BGR's "nothing beats the iphone except the BB tour because it has a great keyboard"
    Filth and lies! Filth and lies! Everyone knows that Engadget's staff is paid by Apple. Although i must say, their pre coverage has been fair. Never read BGR though so i can't comment on them.
    let me warn a lot of you, BGR is very bias and thats why, personally, I wont even look at the link. Just like Phonedog.com.

BGR isn't a good site to even give a review unit to, let alone hope that they give an unbias report.

Phondog.com can be a little less Bias (sorry these 2 sites really really annoy me 2 death), but Noah is also a iphone fanatic and really is lost when it comes to any other phone. Its a shame because phonedog really does seem like it wants to push forward to get more viewers, but w/ certain reviews and aspects of the reviews, its not gonna take off tooooooooo far. I've heard Noah make a lot of mistakes on phone specs and what not, and to me its not acceptable when reviewing a device. Some are okay, but not all the time. With a site like phonedog.com where they try and push sales off their own site, it seems to be way to bias to take serious.

As far as BGR I'm sure a lot of us on here understand what they are going to expect from them, exactly why I wont read the review, its very tempting, but I refuse to let a site such as them, let me down.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast