Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Maybe Palm is threatning them to not write a full review until launch...IDK
    As a photographer I can say that the pre in the BGR pictures is indeed textured and not glossy (like we've seen before). I definatly believe that this isn't a production version, but some kind of prototype. If Palm had sent out review units, others than BGR would have posted their reviews by now. My guess is that BGR borrowed it from a beta tester.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    there full review is now up.

Palm Pre Review : Boy Genius Report
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post

His review is ok although he does go against what most who have handled this phone have said. You can definitely sense he is trying hard to be objective but his Apple/ATT bias definitely seeps through. All in all, I want to judge for myself and definitely would take this guy's review with some suspicion at least.
    Phone history with Sprint since April 2001: Kyocera QCP-2035, LG Touchpoint 1100, Samsung i500, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 755p, HTC Mogul, Blackberry 8830, Samsung A900M, Motorola ic902, Blackberry Curve 8330, Samsung Instinct, HTC Touch, Treo 800w, Touch Diamond, Touch Pro, Motorola i9, Treo Pro (personal)/Iphone 3G 16GB (gone to make room for Pre), Palm Pre, blackberry tour, iPhone 3GS 32GB
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post

That's not a review! Creditable sources and reviewers don't review pre-final builds of products, bottom line. How can you review the multimedia aspect of the phone when it can't be explored? How can you rate battery life when your "review" unit only has 2 1/2 hours left? What utter garbage.

Let me make this clear: YOU CAN'T REVIEW PRODUCTS THAT AREN'T COMPLETE! That was for the people in the cheap seats (I'm looking at you, BGR). Nothing worked in their review- but yet they tried to review it. Really? Thanks for your impressions, but let's call a duck a duck- it's a preview/first look/hands-on- but that's it.

I wanna smack them for being so stupid and careless. Hopefully everyone who reads it will realize that it's far from relevant.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456