Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    From the pictures it looks like they had a prototype and not a final production model, maybe there's a difference?
    That was my initial thought as well. Just didn't seem as, well, polished as the other pix I've seen.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Maybe he's showing the difference between the two, but didn't explain it in the review yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    They just look weird. They are taken at different angles but it actually looks like the texture is different.
    Yeah. It's too big of a difference for me. Not sure what it means, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Not if the lighting is diffuse.
    I'm no lighting expert, but I'm confident that the gloss we see in the last pic ought to be apparent, regardless.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    What's with the lame pics...
    Isn't it when you get a touchstone you'll get the phone with a gloss finish? Or is it just the back cover?
    Nokia American Idol Phone< Motorola RAZR<Nokia Flip Phone<Sidekick Slide<Palm Centro<HTC Snap

Currently Enjoying: Palm Pixi
    It's just the back cover. It has a magnet in it to keep the phone on the touchstone
    That and you have it backwards. It comes with a glossy cover, and the Touchstone comes with a matte cover.
  8. vnx
    see, like i said before, the keyboard might be a problem... though i hope its just a learning curve.
    The top of the keyboard is a problem only if you try to use ALL thumbs... like I mean, trying to mash em down. If you use the top of your thumbs (which you learn how to do using other Treo/Centros) than you are golden.
    Have you personally tried it Darth? I ask because I'm interested to see if you found the border between the slider and the top row cumbersome. I currently have an iPhone 3G and I type ~50 WPM on the virtual keyboard and I'm hoping that the physical keyboard isn't going to slow me down all that much...
    Yes, I've used the keyboard... and to be fair and totally honest, I have used every single Palm keyboard for the past 7 years too

The first time I used it I did hit the top row in an awkward manner, but adapted instantly and realized I need to use less of my thumb on those keys. The weird thing getting used to... was the 0 (zero) key. On the past two Palm devices I've used, it's only been zero and no ALT function... now it's the @ key and the ALT function is zero. A minor inconvenience but I adapted to that quickly as well.
    Excellent. As long as it's able to be adapted to, that should be fine. Thanks for the info.

I wonder how fast I'll be able to type on the Pre after getting used to it...
    I suppose just as quickly as it took me to get used to the iPhone having used Palm's for years. To be honest, the Q9C was one of the nicest keyboards I've ever used...

(yes, I am a multi-phone guy... my wife thinks I am an ***** for it, I told her "Babe, there are a ton of other reasons you could label me an ***** for")
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    To be honest, the Q9C was one of the nicest keyboards I've ever used...
    Ew, really? I find the q9c keyboard to be way too mushy.... and if I type too fast on it, it double presses each letter.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Ew, really? I find the q9c keyboard to be way too mushy.... and if I type too fast on it, it double presses each letter.
    Yeah, I think I liked it so much because the Q9 keys were so damn hard and not very forgiving... so it was a nice little relief.

Seriously tho... nothing beats the Treo KB's... I just didn't wanna come off as a Palm Robot Fan Boy...
    Has anyone noticed that BGR had NO updates at all to their site since they posted the early Palm Pre hands on at 1:21 am yesterday? That's unheard off for them to not update the site at all in more than 24 hours! I guess they really are busy reviewing the Pre, hm?
  17.    #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Has anyone noticed that BGR had NO updates at all to their site since they posted the early Palm Pre hands on at 1:21 am yesterday? That's unheard off for them to not update the site at all in more than 24 hours! I guess they really are busy reviewing the Pre, hm?
    They had updates, but they kept the Pre Hands on Review at the top. Why, I don't know
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Oh....I didn't even notice! I just saw the Pre thing was still up top and didn't bother reading the rest. They must be proud that they are the first major blog to have a review unit.
  19.    #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Oh....I didn't even notice! I just saw the Pre thing was still up top and didn't bother reading the rest. They must be proud that they are the first major blog to have a review unit.
    Yeah, I'm wondering why they haven't finished up there review though
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigchris View Post
    They had updates, but they kept the Pre Hands on Review at the top. Why, I don't know
    I think it's because the Boy Genius Report people actually have a life outside of the Internet. We don't. We're on here 24/7 and need to take a break.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast