Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    You can pick faults in any product. Only a non fanboy will accept that their Iphone, BBerry, Palm Pre has faults but most of the time it meeds their needs.

When they get too defensive and open up salvos against other phone users you know its a fanboy. Fanboys are Fanboys for the simple reason - they need to get a life!
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    I'm not so sure a soft keyboard on a 3.1" screen is the best idea.
    I am not sure a soft keyboard is the best idea on any size of screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    get a life, I bashed exactly same opinion when iPhone came out, because thats the fact, you have problem with my facts? speak up and counter them one by one.

name calling is what is childish here.
    I have a problem with your facts. They really aren't facts, they are opinions and your opinions of the iPhone are not relevant to discussion of any faults the Pre may have.
    I know the iPhone is the phone to hate simply because its the popular one. I dont think anyone's ever said "man this iPhone is the PERFECT phone! It cant get any better than this evah!"

Now, they may have said "its the perfect phone for ME." See thats the thing guys. What works for one person isnt gonna work for the other. So you can squabble all day long & it'll never change that fact.

My advice is, stop comparing iPhone to the Pre. Its apples & oranges. Like what you like & stfu about the things you dont. No one cares.
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    Don't start this crap. It always come down to bashing the iPhone. What the hell is wrong with you guys? It's like being in here with a bunch of children.
    Nanner nanner nah nah!!!
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    indeed, thats why Im waiting for their full review.

iPhone is fundamentally a glorified launcher, much like the idea 7 years old. lack of any multi-tasking capability, which is the first rule of a modern computer, iPhone is light years away from perfect. While Pre is indeed much more closer, shall I say, is capable, of replacing a secondary computer.
    Its funny how you bash iphone and apple and the fanboys and you're no different.

I take that back, you're worse...
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Regarding the pictures...

It looks to me like the first few were taken with the Pre angled quite away from the camera, probably to avoid reflection because it's so glossy. The last picture is taken at a more direct angle, and so you get a reflection. It's just the lighting in the room, the flash, and the angle. Nothing untoward going on here.
    If something is glossy, it's glossy - regardless of the angle. It shouldn't look like it has a matte finish.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Nanner nanner nah nah!!!
    That's it, I'm telling
    just kidding.
    Seriously though, I don't mind discussing the facts, but when it's just a bash because you don't like the phone. Things like that had nothing to do with this thread. I like the iPhone and I know it has it's faults, but for me it's the best right now. The day a better one comes along (hopefully soon) I'll get it. I have no loyalty to Apple. They don't give me any advertising money or anything. Same goes for all companies. Now if there were a thread about bashing the iPhone, that's different. Some people just want to fight and it's just not worth fighting on forums, seriously.
    Last edited by lopezpm; 05/28/2009 at 12:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    It's a compromise. So are the tiny hardware keyboards on some phones, but they are less of a compromise than software keyboards. They can both be used, but their utility is a matter of taste when taken in as a part of the whole device. Comments like:
    Quote Originally Posted by tripsback
    It's a compact mobile device, so the fact that is even has a keyboard at all is awesome.
    ...make no sense given that a keyboard's quality can be poor, its diminutive size can make it unusable, or the keyboard can increase phone size excessively. Having a keyboard doesn't make a phone awesome. Having an awesome phone with a keyboard that doesn't detract from that awesomeness makes it awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    If something is glossy, it's glossy - regardless of the angle. It shouldn't look like it has a matte finish.
    They just look weird. They are taken at different angles but it actually looks like the texture is different.
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Not if the lighting is diffuse.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    If the keyboard is anything like the older Treos I feel like I should be OK. I had a Treo 650 a while back and got very used to that keyboard. So much so that when I got a Mogul and Touch Pro the keys seemed too far apart as if I needed to move my fingers more to type. I had gotten so used to typing quickly and efficiently on a small keyboard that a larger one was less usable for a while. I'm used to it now and I assume I will get used to the small one again if I get a Pre. Personally I prefer hard keyboards over soft so I'm just glad to have one.
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    Why not give people the option to choose? It wont affect you, just don't download it when it comes out. I hate Twitter, but some people love it. I just wont download it. I shouldn't say I hate twitter, I just don't get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
    If the keyboard is anything like the older Treos I feel like I should be OK. I had a Treo 650 a while back and got very used to that keyboard. So much so that when I got a Mogul and Touch Pro the keys seemed too far apart as if I needed to move my fingers more to type. I had gotten so used to typing quickly and efficiently on a small keyboard that a larger one was less usable for a while. I'm used to it now and I assume I will get used to the small one again if I get a Pre. Personally I prefer hard keyboards over soft so I'm just glad to have one.
    Agreed!

there will be a soft keyboard for landscape, don't worry!
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    I didn't read this entire thread so if this is a repeat, my apologies.

Anyone other than me note the significant different in the look of the phone from the 1st 3 pictures and the 4th picture. The 4th shows the high gloss finish we're used to seeing. Makes me wonder in the "plasticy" feel was due to the user not unwrapping the entire phone before making that assessment?
    I just signed up for twitter yesterday, since I forgot I had 2 days off work and wanted to follow the D7 show.... it's pretty cool, plus I saw the twitter search on the pre vids, so why not? You may have a harder time getting a user name you want if you wait a couple years!

just my 2 cents
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    From the pictures it looks like they had a prototype and not a final production model, maybe there's a difference?
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4 View Post
    I didn't read this entire thread so if this is a repeat, my apologies.

Anyone other than me note the significant different in the look of the phone from the 1st 3 pictures and the 4th picture. The 4th shows the high gloss finish we're used to seeing. Makes me wonder in the "plasticy" feel was due to the user not unwrapping the entire phone before making that assessment?
    Apology accepted.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4 View Post
    I doubt that. Despite any biased opinions that the folks at BGR may harbor, they're not idiots.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by Outrigger View Post
    Its funny how you bash iphone and apple and the fanboys and you're no different.

I take that back, you're worse...
    funny I, as a worse fanboy of palm, at least wrote several points of fact, while you only do name calling.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast