Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 105
  1. #21  
    Im not defending it & Im not a Pre fanboy, but IMO almost every mobile keyboard sucks at something. Hell, my Blackberrys are supposed to be tops for keyboards & I hate my 8820 keys. Curve wasnt much better, but that doesnt mean theyre still not totally usable.

    One things for sure, its gonna be better than any virtual keyboard out there.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    for the iPhone sway. The Apple disease is a serious one folks.
    I don't own any Apple products and I will not buy any. I don't know what it is, but there is just something about Apple that irks me. I can't quite put my finger on it.
  3. #23  
    i dont read bgr enough to judge it, for what I have read from them, the site is ok, a little bias is to be expected.

    I know the plastic shell, which is a reasonable critic, but the functional design make it hard to build a glass one.

    I know the keyboard too, I think its a reasonable critic as well, but I used centro for a year and half, I probably wouldn't have any problem with it.
  4. #24  
    I don't know enough about them to judge their rep. I don't know much about Engadget (sp?) either, except I think they were the ones who sent someone on that late night talk show with a Pre... and he fumbled the $#%^ out of that golden, first-impression opportunity.


    Anyway, it's odd that the first couple of pix make the Pre look plasticy and MATTE-finished, but the last one(s?) are at a slightly different angle and look super-glossy.

    What the hell is that about?
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  5. ghoti's Avatar
    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    #25  
    The keyboard is my one concern with the Pre (I have chunky thumbs), so I'm a little concerned to see anyone lay into that part of the device so completely, regardless of their bias.

    Still, I'm going to wait for some hands-on time with the device myself before I jump to conclusions, and it would take nearly-universal derision (on par with the Storm) before I'll take the Pre off the top of my "OMG WANT" list.
  6. 1414H77's Avatar
    Posts
    221 Posts
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by xchpstang View Post
    Anything Sprint or Palm related coming from BGR/Engadget will be anything but objective. These guys have a permanent ATT/Apple hard-on so I wouldn't expect much from them.
    Disagree. You must not listen to Engadget's podcast. Several of the writers badly want the Pre.
  7. #27  
    Engadget gives the Pre props, especially Joshua Topolsky the Editor (he seems to really like the Pre). He took the Pre on Jimmy Fallon.
    Jimmie Geddes
  8. #28  
    Every site is biased, nothing new there. I almost think i'll have the phone in my hand before decent reviews come out. I enjoy Dieter's reviews because I'm familiar with his prior ones. I know he's got experience using palms including the treo pro and also has some iphone experience..basically..he knows smartphones. He's good at being honest if something isn't to his liking.

    Now reading BGR, i've no idea of the reviewer's experience. Strictly iphone? Others could be coming from a dumbphone like the Instinct and so its understandable they'd be giddy over it.
  9. #29  
    has anyone else noticed or is it just me that the phone looks all mate in those pictures. Its nothing like all the other pictures we have seen so far.
  10. #30  
    Not that bad - sorry guys, but people are going to complain about that keyboard. BTW - those picts do make it look "plastic-ie" - I thought the face would have more gloss. Those picts make it look really dull - like a hunk of low grade injection molded plastic.
  11. #31  
    This is insane. No one can say anything negative about the damn phone? I don't get it. If it was a glowing review about the phone and how it kicked the iPhones ****, then everyone would be loving it. It's not your phone, you guys didn't work on it, you didn't come up with the design. Why do you take it so personal? You'll have your chance to make your own review once you get it in your hands. I have the iPhone and I love it but I'm hoping that the Pre beats the crap out of the iPhone, because I want a better kick a$$ phone.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    has anyone else noticed or is it just me that the phone looks all mate in those pictures. Its nothing like all the other pictures we have seen so far.
    The first two pictures look like that but the last one looks shiny. I wonder how they took those pics?
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    This is insane. No one can say anything negative about the damn phone? I don't get it. If it was a glowing review about the phone and how it kicked the iPhones ****, then everyone would be loving it. It's not your phone, you guys didn't work on it, you didn't come up with the design. Why do you take it so personal? You'll have your chance to make your own review once you get it in your hands. I have the iPhone and I love it but I'm hoping that the Pre beats the crap out of the iPhone, because I want a better kick a$$ phone.
    Ya I agree but BoyGenious has been trashing almost every treo for their keyboard and I think its the best keyboard available on a phone. I mean I used the centros keyboard and it works perfectly fine it just takes a day or two to get used to it. We all know that this keyboard will be better then centros as the buttons a spaced further from each other.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    Ya I agree but BoyGenious has been trashing almost every treo for their keyboard and I think its the best keyboard available on a phone. I mean I used the centros keyboard and it works perfectly fine it just takes a day or two to get used to it. We all know that this keyboard will be better then centros as the buttons a spaced further from each other.
    Reviewers should play with it a couple of days before posting but it's so hard because we want news and updates now. Someone needs to invent a robot that can review phones with no emotion. Just give us the facts. It sucks that some reviewers like some companies over another.
  15. #35  
    The Boy Genius has credibility with his reviews. The Pre is the 1.0 for a new breed of smartphones for Palm. First releases always end up having issues. His review didn't bash the Pre. I'm concerned with the keyboard too, I think the Treo 755p has the best keyboard on any smartphone I've used. I didn't like the Centro or the Treo Pro keyboards. I'm sure after a few days with the Pre I'll adjust, but if the keyboard is cramped, it's cramped and it's not a bad thing to say in a review. I'm sure if you really want the Pre (we all do obviously with the time we spend here), we'll adjust to the keyboard.
    Jimmie Geddes
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    The whole price thing is really pointless because in ways AT&T is cheaper than Sprint. Especially when you look at family plans. I for one have a 5 line unity which works out to $154 (Before discounts) with my Iphone on it, 1400 minutes, rollover and free calls to AT&T land lines and mobile phones.

    Out of our 3k minutes on all lines around 400 of them are anytime minutes. I've got like 12k rollover minutes. With Sprint I'd use significantly more minutes because AT&T including free calling to AT&T landlines and Rollover.
    Since the Pre is exclusive to Sprint, Sprint must be the best cellphone carrier in the US as far as some people on this forum are concerned. Your point is one I have argued before. Who needs unlimited talk with free nights and weekends, mobile to mobile and rollover.
  17. #37  
    I wish people would stop utilizing the word review unless the article is an actual review.

    A quick hands-on, one paragraph summation does not a review make.
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    Since the Pre is exclusive to Sprint, Sprint must be the best cellphone carrier in the US as far as some people on this forum are concerned. Your point is one I have argued before. Who needs unlimited talk with free nights and weekends, mobile to mobile and rollover.
    There is no way sprint is more expensive then AT&T. The main reason I never got an iphone is because AT&T is just a rip off. Sprint has free nights and weekend and mobile to mobile, the only thing they don't have is rollover. But you have to consider with sprints plans you are getting unlimited everything, data/sms/navigation/tv/etc
  19. #39  
    BGR is ok... but when I am looking for phone reviews I always get reviews for various sources, BGR, Phonearena, Phonescoop, Mobileburn etc etc before I form any opinion(s).
  20. #40  
    who cares about the plans? The "review" or what should be called "5-minute hands on" is about the phone not the plans.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions