Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    Ok, I was bored. So, I decided to find out what the rumored 150,000 Pre's would look like on a per store basis. I am just throwing out the rumored numbers, so don't yell at me. Also, it is rumored that there will be no online or telesales.

Sprint Store's receiving the Pre #1220---Number of Sprint Stores
    Best Buy will be receiving #4,250 Pre's roughly 4 per store---- 1,000 Stores

Considering these numbers that leaves 118 Pre's on average per store. I know that this doesn't count how many will be wasted on those damn Parties or the numbers going Radio Shack or Wal Mart. But those numbers are rumored to be less than the Best Buy allotment.

So, if these numbers are correct or at least in the ball park. There should be plenty of Pre's to go around for ones like us that have been waiting.
    Last edited by shadrap; 05/27/2009 at 10:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadrap View Post
    Ok, I was bored. So, I decided to find out what the rumored 150,000 Pre's would look like on a per store basis. I am just throwing out the rumored numbers, so don't yell at me. Also, it is rumored that there will be no online or telesales.

Sprint Store's receiving the Pre #1220
    Best Buy will be receiving #4,250 Pre's

Considering these numbers that leaves 118 Pre's on average per store. I know that this doesn't count how many will be wasted on those damn Parties or the numbers going Radio Shack or Wal Mart. But those numbers are rumored to be less than the Best Buy allotment.

So, if these numbers are correct or at least in the ball park. There should be plenty of Pre's to go around for ones like us that have been waiting.
    ...and even more if the 150k is false and the 350-375k is true...

We'll see... maybe the big announcement tomorrow is that EVERYONE WILL GET A PRE ON LAUNCH!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by scizzy View Post
    ...and even more if the 150k is false and the 350-375k is true...

We'll see... maybe the big announcement tomorrow is that EVERYONE WILL GET A PRE ON LAUNCH!!!!
    AMEN. That would be lovely.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    I'm still in shock that Sprint and Palm would sell an awesome phone like this at a dump like Wal-Mart. I hate that place.
    /Oprah

You get a Pre! And you get a Pre! And you get a Pre! And you get a Pre! And you get a Pre!

/Oprah

OT: thanks for doing that, I've been meaning to do something similar but never bothered to.
    Sprint Store's receiving the Pre #1220
    Best Buy will be receiving #4,250 Pre's
    Can you clarify something? Is 4250 the number of BBY stores or the number of Pre's alloted the them?

And the 1220: is that the # of Sprint stores? Where did you find that info?
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    Sorry, there are 4,250 Pre's going to the Best Buy Stores. There are 1,220 Sprint Store's in the US. Indirect Dealer's are not getting the Pre and they are rumored/ confirmed to be no telesales or online sales. I also know this number does not include Business Pre-Orders, but heck even if you cut the number in half to 50 per Sprint Store, which is unlikely, that still leaves a decent number for us loyal followers.
    There is a little over 1000 Best Buys and according to reports they are only getting 4250 PRE'S.
    I was told that only about 300 Best Buy's would be getting the Pre at launch. Based on recent info, this looks more accurate.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...arry-demo.html
    Palms and more Palms till the 700p ruined it for me. Blackberry and now the Pre. Sprint customer since 1994! They had 1 tower in town.
    Quote Originally Posted by dfine1966 View Post
    There is a little over 1000 Best Buys and according to reports they are only getting 4250 PRE'S.
    But not all Best Buys will be getting Pres. For example, a lot of Best Buy stores do not carry Sprint on-contract phones at all. Those stores that don't carry ANY Sprint phones will, of course, not be carrying the Pre. This is the case for the store that just opened 5 minutes from my apartment, they don't carry anything Sprint, and so they won't be getting the Pre. So the per store allotment is higher, since not all stores will have it.
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    Well, that would be roughly 14 Pre's per Best Buy, lol. I still think the best bet is going to be the Sprint Store---50-100 Sprint Store vs 14 at Best Buy
    In the words of Jimmy Buffett: Math Sucks!
    I'm really not sure I buy those supposed Best Buy and Radio Shack lists. Not a single BB or RS in Massachusetts appears to be getting the Pre according to them. Either way, I guess I'll be going to a Sprint Store.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    The number of sprint store's (1220)..is this number verified, and is there a list of which Sprint stores will be getting a supply like there is for BB and RS?
    Quote Originally Posted by Captweez View Post
    In the words of Jimmy Buffett: Math Sucks!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Hee hee...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    I found an article from 2008 that said Sprint has 1,220 Corporate owned stores. So, I assume it is close to 1,220 give or take.

Also, all corporate owned stores are Ready Now Stores. So, the 1,220 should receive the Pre.

My buddy is an indirect dealer and was told that indirect dealers would not receive the Pre until a month after launch. He is even considering camping out to get one for himself.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    I found an article from 2008 that said Sprint has 1,220 Corporate owned stores. So, I assume it is close to 1,220 give or take.
    Ok..that ( your mathematical equation ) is actually the FIRST comforting piece of info in regards to supply that I have read for weeks...
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    The Austin area has about 20 stores. At 50-100 phones per store, that's 1000-2000 phones for a population of about 1.5 mil (whole metro area). That's one phone for every 750-1500 people. That's probably reasonable for day one, given no advertising.
    Hopefully these numbers are fairly in line. If this is the case, if I just get to sprint store when it opens on the 6th, I should have no problem getting one. Well maybe I should arrive a little early in case of a line.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast