Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    X=5. Does that mean I get a Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by scizzy View Post
    ...and even more if the 150k is false and the 350-375k is true...

We'll see... maybe the big announcement tomorrow is that EVERYONE WILL GET A PRE ON LAUNCH!!!!
    What is the big announcement? And WTF does Ready Now mean!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by jcydon View Post
    What is the big announcement? And WTF does Ready Now mean!?!?

ReadyNow means they teach you how to use the phone and guide you through setting it up. I sure as hell better be able to decline this "service".
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Here's some more "bored" math This assumes that Sprint only keeps 30% of the launch inventory to sell in their own stores....

Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer View Post
    I'm still in shock that Sprint and Palm would sell an awesome phone like this at a dump like Wal-Mart. I hate that place.
    If I died and went to my own personal Hell, it would be a 24hr Wal-Mart.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadrap View Post
    I found an article from 2008 that said Sprint has 1,220 Corporate owned stores. So, I assume it is close to 1,220 give or take.

Also, all corporate owned stores are Ready Now Stores. So, the 1,220 should receive the Pre.

My buddy is an indirect dealer and was told that indirect dealers would not receive the Pre until a month after launch. He is even considering camping out to get one for himself.
    OK but this doesn't quite add up. There are many Sprint Stores which are not corporate stores. They are privately owned. I'm willing to bet that there are at least as many private stores as there are corporate. These stores will be getting Pres also, won't they?
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    OK but this doesn't quite add up. There are many Sprint Stores which are not corporate stores. They are privately owned. I'm willing to bet that there are at least as many private stores as there are corporate. These stores will be getting Pres also, won't they?
    Nope.. they are considered 3rd party. Unless some magic happens, I highly doubt any privately owned Sprint establishment will get any.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer View Post
    I'm still in shock that Sprint and Palm would sell an awesome phone like this at a dump like Wal-Mart. I hate that place.
    I've never been to a Wal-Mart before, but doesn't AT&T and Apple sell the iPhone there?
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." —L. Ron Hubbard
    Quote Originally Posted by tntsniper View Post
    Nope.. they are considered 3rd party. Unless some magic happens, I highly doubt any privately owned Sprint establishment will get any.
    Are you sure about this? Many of these businesses are simply called "Sprint Store" and are indistinguisable from a corporate store. They even show up in sprint.com's store locator.
    Are you sure about this? Many of these businesses are simply called "Sprint Store" and are indistinguisable from a corporate store. They even show up in sprint.com's store locator.
    That's why you have to look at the locator to see Sprint store by "xxxxx"
    Quote Originally Posted by magnetiteNOSTRIL View Post
    X=5. Does that mean I get a Pre
    Nope, that means you don't get one because you didn't enjoy the joke .
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Will the Pre's be evenly distributed? Some stores may get loads and some may get just a few.
    Somewhere on these forums it was said that every Sprint store will be getting at least 30. Beyond that it depends on volume, with the higher trafficked stores getting over 100.
    Quote Originally Posted by tntsniper View Post
    So in my town, I have two stores both who confirmed they are getting Pre's but they are considered non-corporate owned. That's all we have, short of Best Buy's and Radio Shack, so you're telling me that you don't think they'll get any? If so Sprint just made a huge mistake because it's doubtful the Radio Shacks or the one Best Buy we have is getting many if any. So basically I have to drive two hours to get a Pre?

Sprint just lost my business if this is true, though I put little faith in this. I was told that the closest corporate Sprint store is a 2 hour drive. Guess we'll find out won't we. I'll let you know how it goes for me on launch but if this ends up being the case I'm sticking with AT&T, for Sprint to say oh well sucks to be you move to a bigger town is bull.

P.S.
    What makes it a Sprint store? They all wear Sprint uniforms they are completely branded as Sprint and they have a big yellow Sprint sign out side. Online they show up just as Sprint Store and nothing else. Was noticing some say "Sprint Store by "So and So" does that mean only the ones that say "Sprint Store" are Sprint Stores? If so then I'm good because mine just says Sprint Store in my area.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pkirby11 View Post
    So in my town, I have two stores both who confirmed they are getting Pre's but they are considered non-corporate owned. That's all we have, short of Best Buy's and Radio Shack, so you're telling me that you don't think they'll get any? If so Sprint just made a huge mistake because it's doubtful the Radio Shacks or the one Best Buy we have is getting many if any. So basically I have to drive two hours to get a Pre?

Sprint just lost my business if this is true, though I put little faith in this. I was told that the closest corporate Sprint store is a 2 hour drive. Guess we'll find out won't we. I'll let you know how it goes for me on launch but if this ends up being the case I'm sticking with AT&T, for Sprint to say oh well sucks to be you move to a bigger town is bull.

P.S.
    What makes it a Sprint store? They all wear Sprint uniforms they are completely branded as Sprint and they have a big yellow Sprint sign out side. Online they show up just as Sprint Store and nothing else. Was noticing some say "Sprint Store by "So and So" does that mean only the ones that say "Sprint Store" are Sprint Stores? If so then I'm good because mine just says Sprint Store in my area.
    Search for locations at sprint.com and you'll see they're easily distinguishable.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Yep, it's confirmed in by several folks... I had a chat with one of those Sprint franchise owners in Austin yesterday and he sadly informed me that neither he nor any other normal franchise will be getting the Pre. Just corporate and preferred franchises (of which he said there are very very few).
  17. enjoyingsilence
    Stop... stop... no more..... I can't take the math.. Seriously tho.. the threads about the shortage keep making me worried..
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximo_ View Post
    Here's some more "bored" math This assumes that Sprint only keeps 30% of the launch inventory to sell in their own stores....

So you're saying that Sprint would allow Wal-Mart to have almost the same number of Pres per store than them? I highly highly doubt that.

Shareholders would be (rightfully) pissed if Sprint didn't get to sell at least 2/3rds of Pres out there on the 6th at corporate stores. The big point is that a lot of the profit comes in sales of accessories, batteries, bluetooth crap, e.t.c. in-store that they hawk with the sale of the phone. Is anyone seriously naive or crazy enough to assume that Sprint wouldn't capitalize on their biggest product launch and keep the vast majority of stock to themselves? Instead of 30-70 as you have it, it should be 70-30.

There needs to be at least 100 or so Pres per Sprint store, or something is really wrong. I really wonder about selling then at Wal-Mart, how are activations going to work?
    Palm III -> Visor Prism -> Dell Axim X30 Hi -> HTC Apache -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch Pro

Ev-Do Rev. A Tethered on my TP:
    Quote Originally Posted by MicahDG View Post
    Search for locations at sprint.com and you'll see they're easily distinguishable.
    LOL yeah I did that after I posted. Mine are official Sprint stores. They just say "Sprint Stores" in yellow lettering. Not Sprint retail or Sprint by so I think I'm good. But again they say they are doing the instant rebate. So happy no going to BB to get the phone at $199.
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    That's why you have to look at the locator to see Sprint store by "xxxxx"
    Bingo!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast