Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So after seeing the front page news about there being no telesales or online sales come launch, i decided to start calling stores and finding out the status of what stores are doing what and if they are even going to carry the pre. So i called my local store and i asked if they will be carrying the palm pre. He said yes it will be available June 6th. I told him ok thanks. Then he said oh are you a new customer and i said well i was going to add a line to my brothers account and he was like awesome...if you want me to put you on the list i will, do you mind holding and i was like no problem. He comes back on and i provided him my name and phone number and he tells me to ask for a specific guys name when i come in on June 6th and he will help me get that line open and get everything going. I was like okay this is too good to be true...so I asked if this list was a guarantee and he told me yes...the way their store was doing it, is they weren't allowing current sprint customers to upgrade their phones. Only taking new 2 year service agreements and writing peoples names on a list. He said i qualified and i will get a pre. I guess they will call these people on this "list" come closer to launch to see if your still coming in to open a line. What's your guy's thoughts?
    Yeah, there's no waiting list. He's just trying to get his sales quota.

Sorry!
    Quote Originally Posted by defaudio21 View Post
    ...the way their store was doing it, is they weren't allowing current sprint customers to upgrade their phones. Only taking new 2 year service agreements. He said i qualified and i will get a pre. I guess this will call these people on this "list" come closer to launch to see if your still coming in to open a line. What's your guy's thoughts?
    This is starting to suck more by the day (I am a Sprint customer looking to upgrade). If stores really start doing this, there are going to be a lot of pi$$ed off Sprint customers. Not telesales, online and now stores are being particular about who they are going to sell to?? Not good.

HELLA LAME!! (Whatever that means)
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Your only "guarantee" to get a phone will be to line up like the rest of us unless you know the rep personally.
    My guy in our local store when I asked about a list told me what everyone else is saying. He will take my name and say I have one BUT I better be online June 6th as he is not aloud to hold a phone for anyone. Strict Sprint orders. Seems the only way to get a PRE is to be online 6ish on June 6th.
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    This is starting to suck more by the day (I am a Sprint customer looking to upgrade). If stores really start doing this, there are going to be a lot of pi$$ed off Sprint customers. Not telesales, online and now stores are being particular about who they are going to sell to?? Not good.

HELLA LAME!! (Whatever that means)
    I wouldn't worry for a split second over what a single Sprint rep says. There is no way that ANY Sprint store would turn away any potential buyer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    I wouldn't worry for a split second over what a single Sprint rep says. There is no way that ANY Sprint store would turn away any potential buyer.
    Yea, I know - I am really mad that if I really want one I am going to have to go get in line early. Not that getting in line is a bad thing, I just really wanted to order it and be done with it - I don't have time that weekend to play with it!
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    My guy in our local store when I asked about a list told me what everyone else is saying. He will take my name and say I have one BUT I better be online June 6th as he is not aloud to hold a phone for anyone. Strict Sprint orders. Seems the only way to get a PRE is to be online 6ish on June 6th.
    I think you mean IN line.
  9.    #9  
    Alright guys well all im saying is what the rep told me Over the phone. I called back and asked who wad the manager and it was the same name he told me to ask for On the 6th. Im still going to be there early on the 6th. I still dont see how sprint stores cant make there own rules... If you see me with a palm
    Pre on the 6th then the rep came through
    So far, approximately 1.6 million people believe that they have been promised a Pre by a Sprint store rep, and 2.3 million believe that they have been added to a waiting list. This can be compared to the 76.7 million children in the US who believe in the Easter Bunny, and the 723.2 million children worldwide who believe in some sort of "Father Christmas" figure (Santa Claus in the West, Ded Moroz in Russia, etc).

If I were to place a bet on the validity of the beliefs described above, my money would go with the kids.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Of course they cannot make their (not "there") own rules. Just ask what their regional manager had to say about maintaining waitlists for the Pre.
    I still dont see how sprint stores cant make there own rules... If you see me with a palm
    Pre on the 6th then the rep came through
    Or (gasps!) you actually waited in line like everyone else and got the Pre while their inventory lasted.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    So far, approximately 1.6 million people believe that they have been promised a Pre by a Sprint store rep, and 2.3 million believe that they have been added to a waiting list. This can be compared to the 76.7 million children in the US who believe in the Easter Bunny, and the 723.2 million children worldwide who believe in some sort of "Father Christmas" figure (Santa Claus in the West, Ded Moroz in Russia, etc).

If I were to place a bet on the validity of the beliefs described above, my money would go with the kids.
    For a moment I thought you were doing a parody of their "Now Network" ad.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post

Lmao now thats funny. Hey maybe all these stores will come through with their waiting lists despite what sprint says. I mean they are corporate stores so they arent going to do something that is not allowed by sprint. Maybe they got the okay from up above to sell the pre how they want to since there will be a shortgage and many unhappy people anyways
    For a moment I thought you were doing a parody of their "Now Network" ad.
    +1 The Now TV advert song was playing in my head while I was reading that.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  15.    #15  
    Of course they cannot make their (not "there") own rules. Just ask what their regional manager had to say about maintaining waitlists for the Pre.Or (gasps!) you actually waited in line like everyone else and got the Pre while their inventory lasted.
    I cant believe you took time to correct my spelling. Im on my iphone and just typing as fast as i can lol.
    I think the Sprint sales reps behavior makes sense. I mean, think about it. If you get a customer who calls and wants to know about the Pre, how best to ensure that he'll come in on the 6th? Tell him that you'll have one waiting for him, but act fast because you won't be able to hold it.

And from Sprint's perspective, you also want to tell everybody that there are no waiting lists, first come first served only. You don't want anyone to stay home because they think all the Pres are already spoken for.

For what it's worth, I think they'll get sold first come first served. I just can't imagine them turning someone away. "Oh, sorry, we can't sell you one...we have a guy on the list who might still come in." Yeah, right.

But I understand why the reps are saying they'll have one for you.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    I cant believe you took time to correct my spelling. Im on my iphone and just typing as fast as i can lol.
    It's hard without a real keyboard, isn't it?
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Read the post again -there was a bit more than just grammar Nazi-ness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    yeah thats why i want a pre lol
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast