Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    I believe I made this thread, for posts such as yours..

http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...-one-spot.html

and it was on the 1st page at that..
    well the reason i didnt post there was because I didn't stop by at a Sprint store, i called one..
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I am in Melbourne, FL

I just called Best Buy to ask if they were going to have a Demo before the release and they said no, just on the date of release. Ugh, I want to play with it first!

I called our biggest Sprint Store here and they said they are staying open til midnight on the 5th for people on "the list" which includes people that have come in and people that have requested online.

I requested to be notified online thru sprint's premiere website, we'll see if I get some type of email in the coming days to support this.
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by mattickus View Post
    I am in Melbourne, FL

I just called Best Buy to ask if they were going to have a Demo before the release and they said no, just on the date of release. Ugh, I want to play with it first!

I called our biggest Sprint Store here and they said they are staying open til midnight on the 5th for people on "the list" which includes people that have come in and people that have requested online.

I requested to be notified online thru sprint's premiere website, we'll see if I get some type of email in the coming days to support this.
    I also went to Best Buy and he said the demo won't be displayed until launch. I was pretty bummed out. I guess they are trying not to advertise the pre beforehand due to limited stock.
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjones View Post
    Your only "guarantee" to get a phone will be to line up like the rest of us unless you know the rep personally.
    nah. It is very common for sprint reps to do this.
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    nah. It is very common for sprint reps to do this.
    Thank you. Some people just dont realize that some Sprint stores work differently than others.
  6.    #46  
    UPDATE:

So i called my store again to verify if the waiting list is still happening and this is what happened. First thing i asked was if the store was opening early on Sat for the release and he said yes at 8am. He then told me I have had a lot of calls about the palm pre and he said 4 people already said they were camping out on friday night. So then i asked if they were doing a waiting list even though they already have my name and number down and he said yes they were and they already had qualified people on their list. He then asked if i wanted to see if i qualified then i told him well i called a couple of days ago some rep took my name and number down. he then said whats ur name and i soon as i said my first name he was like oh your so and so and ur number is... i was like wow what am i on top of the list? lol plus this list must be like on the counter or near reps since like i said he finished my sentence before i even did. He was like yeah your on here dont worry your good. I asked what exactly was the waiting list and he told me that they set aside and hold the pre's for the specific people on this list. He said that the people just come in on the 8th and say they are on the "list". From there they distribute the pres to those certain people. Launch is 5 days away so if this store wasnt allowed to have a list im sure they wouldnt still be taking peoples information. On top of that this is a corporate store. Im thinking that stores probably have a certain amount of people they can have on a waiting list as well as a set number of pres for people waiting in line. This way people waiting in line can say crap. The last thing i asked was if it was necessary for me to camp out and he said it wasnt but that he recommended me to come in the morning so i can have my pre asap. (sorry for the lack of punctuation. I just kept typing and typing)
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123