Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    You weren't guaranteed a Pre. The worker was guaranteed a commission that was going to go to somebody else.

See you in line!
    Maybe they get more commission from new sales than they do from upgrades and are trying to pull a fast one without Sprint noticing.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Read the post again -there was a bit more than just grammar Nazi-ness.
    I know lol. Im just having a little fun here. Its all good. We are all
    Pre-oholics
  4.    #24  
    well im too worried if this rep lied to me or gave me bull.... Im going to be in line prolly at midnight just like many people trying to get one on day one. But i think it will be pretty cool if the rep wasnt lying and my pre was there waiting for me has anyones store been told something similar about the sales going to new agreements only?
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    For a moment I thought you were doing a parody of their "Now Network" ad.

Haha...so did I. First thing I thought of ;=)
    I wish. That would have been better...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    The only way to guarantee a Pre is to be in line. The lists are worthless. Most people on the lists are on multiple lists anyways. A rep is not going to hold a phone hoping you didn't already pick one up somewhere else.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by rijc99 View Post
    The only way to guarantee a Pre is to be in line. The lists are worthless. Most people on the lists are on multiple lists anyways. A rep is not going to hold a phone hoping you didn't already pick one up somewhere else.
    Its funny how a lot of people keep saying these waiting list are complete bull. There are so many sprint stores nationwide. I dont think eachone is going to go by the books or rules. Sprint knows there will be shortgages and there will be a lot of unhappy campers. You honestly think they are going to care how stores sell their inventory? Prolly not as long as they get sold. Sprints launch is not even organized. First they announce that telesales and online sales will be accepted and not its almost being confirmed that they will no longer offer those options... Plus the estimated 150,000 pres available at launch is rediculous. So once again i dont think sprint cares how their corporate stores handle sales.
    Last edited by defaudio21; 05/27/2009 at 11:54 PM.
    Hahahaha me too!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    This is starting to suck more by the day (I am a Sprint customer looking to upgrade). If stores really start doing this, there are going to be a lot of pi$$ed off Sprint customers. Not telesales, online and now stores are being particular about who they are going to sell to?? Not good.

HELLA LAME!! (Whatever that means)
    Oh come on silly! With a shortage of phones, Sprint stands to come out with more customers and more money if they only sell to new contracts! Why would they waste their small supply on existing customers?

Quote Originally Posted by jcydon View Post
    Oh come on silly! With a shortage of phones, Sprint stands to come out with more customers and more money if they only sell to new contracts! Why would they waste their small supply on existing customers?

It seems to me that Sprint gains the same from keeping an existing customer as from gaining a new customer. Since they're bleeding customers right now, both are necessary.

It was a line of crap the sales rep fed him to get him to come in, plain and simple.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    I RECEIVED a call from my local rep, a guy I've been working on since about February. He told me what just about everyone here is saying, "I can't hold one for you. We're opening early on 6/6. Get here as early as you can."

Sucks, but sounds like the only way to get one is to wait in line. Now, the question is, when do I need to get in line to make sure I get one? 7am? 6am? 5am? Campout?
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNole21 View Post
    I RECEIVED a call from my local rep, a guy I've been working on since about February. He told me what just about everyone here is saying, "I can't hold one for you. We're opening early on 6/6. Get here as early as you can."

Sucks, but sounds like the only way to get one is to wait in line. Now, the question is, when do I need to get in line to make sure I get one? 7am? 6am? 5am? Campout?
    just because your local store is not holding pres, doesnt mean all stores nationwide are doing the samething. I'd say if your store opens at 8, be there around 4am. When i waited forthe iphone i left 2am to wait abd people didnt show up untill 4-5am. This whole launch is screwed up. I think sprint knows they should of had more pres available at launch. What i dont understand is if they knew they had a shortage why release it at best buy walmarts and radioshacks? Then also say telesales and online sales are available too? They should of just had a sprint store release like apple did with the iphone. Then expand availability after. So i think stores can sell the pre however they want. I dont think sprint cares if stores set their own rules on how to sell their initial stock when its prolly going to be like less than 30 per store on an average.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I went to my Sprint store yesterday and was told a similar thing. I gave them my name and number and they said they would call me on the 5th if they had enough to give to everyone who was put on the list before me and I could come in any time on the 6th or later to get it. Now the interesting thing is this is a stand alone sprint store but it isn't a company owned store. In my region sprint doesn't own the network it is a smaller company who owns the network but leases it solely to sprint. So they are not bound to sprints rules. So they have a list and the store manager assured me that everyone on the list would have a phone before anyone who showed up on the 6th would be given one. They said don't even bother coming early on the 6th. They will call me on the 5th to tell me if there are enough that I will get one. So at least for my store there is no reason to wait in line in the morning as they are all going to be behind everyone who is on their list. The other bonus is that since they aren't a company owned sprint store they don't have to do the mail in rebate. They said they will be selling it for $199 straight up without the mail in rebate to deal with. They did say they will be getting a "decent" shipment of phones. The manager even said 75 but said it in such a way as that might have been the length of their wait list or they will be getting at least 75 phones.

I have no reason to disbelieve anything they told me, as I have not signed any contract or anything to be on this list, and if they are misleading me on this they certainly won't be getting my business. But they seemed very honest. But I guess i will find out how true this all is on the 6th. But I for one will be sleeping in that morning.
    I am/was on a list here at the Sprint store that is closest to me. I called again yesterday just to make sure one more time. I found out as long as I am there when they open I will get my Pre. Here is the bad news though..............I need two Pre's. Only one of my lines is eligible for upgrade and the other I was just going to pay full retail. They tell me they cannot selll any Pre's at full retail and that I would have to go to a National Sprint store. I am so glad I found out before I actually waited in line at the wrong store.

There is a national store about 30 min from here. I called and the gentleman said he expected to have enough Pre's to sale during the first several hours and said as long as I am in line when they open, that the the odds looked good. I will be there around 6ish just to be safe.
    Last edited by tripsbacks; 05/28/2009 at 09:04 AM. Reason: typo
    Quote Originally Posted by defaudio21 View Post
    jI think sprint knows they should of had more pres available at launch. What i dont understand is if they knew they had a shortage why release it at best buy walmarts and radioshacks? Then also say telesales and online sales are available too?
    You honestly think that Palm (this is not Sprint's call, by the way) is intentionally fabricating this shortage?
    Also, it's been widely announced that Telesales and online will not sell the Pre at launch.

Quote Originally Posted by joelvds View Post
    In my region sprint doesn't own the network it is a smaller company who owns the network but leases it solely to sprint. So they are not bound to sprints rules.
    Could people please stop making these rules out of thin air?

I'm not arguing that Sprint leases the local network wherever you may be, but each store, "owned" by Sprint or not is bound by franchise agreements with Sprint and, therefore, have to follow such agreements to the letter, otherwise, heavy assessments (fines) are imposed.
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by joelvds View Post
    I went to my Sprint store yesterday and was told a similar thing. I gave them my name and number and they said they would call me on the 5th if they had enough to give to everyone who was put on the list before me and I could come in any time on the 6th or later to get it. Now the interesting thing is this is a stand alone sprint store but it isn't a company owned store. In my region sprint doesn't own the network it is a smaller company who owns the network but leases it solely to sprint. So they are not bound to sprints rules. So they have a list and the store manager assured me that everyone on the list would have a phone before anyone who showed up on the 6th would be given one. They said don't even bother coming early on the 6th. They will call me on the 5th to tell me if there are enough that I will get one. So at least for my store there is no reason to wait in line in the morning as they are all going to be behind everyone who is on their list. The other bonus is that since they aren't a company owned sprint store they don't have to do the mail in rebate. They said they will be selling it for $199 straight up without the mail in rebate to deal with. They did say they will be getting a "decent" shipment of phones. The manager even said 75 but said it in such a way as that might have been the length of their wait list or they will be getting at least 75 phones.

I have no reason to disbelieve anything they told me, as I have not signed any contract or anything to be on this list, and if they are misleading me on this they certainly won't be getting my business. But they seemed very honest. But I guess i will find out how true this all is on the 6th. But I for one will be sleeping in that morning.
    Thats exactly what happened to me. I was also told waiting ij line wasnt required and to just come in at anytime on the 6th. The only difference is my store was an official sprint store and he told me i was guaranteed a pre. I guess they knew how many they were getting and hadnt hit their cap yet. Also the pre was only being sold to new service agreements. I was on te phone with him for like 20 minutes. He was polite, nice and informative. I think if he was lying to me or somethig he wouldnt have continued te conversation after me asking him will they carry the palm
    Pre on june 6th.
    I was also told waiting ij line wasnt required and to just come in at anytime on the 6th. The only difference is my store was an official sprint store and he told me i was guaranteed a pre. I guess they knew how many they were getting and hadnt hit their cap yet. Also the pre was only being sold to new service agreements.
    Good luck then, we're counting on you.
  19.    #39  
    Good luck then, we're counting on you.
    Lol...hey im just saying what i was told. i really hope this rep comes through and i will have my beautiful palm pre in my hand on June 6th. I just dont understand people who say they know what EVERY sprint store is doing on June 6th and how they will sell their inventory. Every store is different, plain and simple. Some obey rules, others break them.
    So after seeing the front page news about there being no telesales or online sales come launch, i decided to start calling stores and finding out the status of what stores are doing what and if they are even going to carry the pre. So i called my local store and i asked if they will be carrying the palm pre. He said yes it will be available June 6th. I told him ok thanks. Then he said oh are you a new customer and i said well i was going to add a line to my brothers account and he was like awesome...if you want me to put you on the list i will, do you mind holding and i was like no problem. He comes back on and i provided him my name and phone number and he tells me to ask for a specific guys name when i come in on June 6th and he will help me get that line open and get everything going. I was like okay this is too good to be true...so I asked if this list was a guarantee and he told me yes...the way their store was doing it, is they weren't allowing current sprint customers to upgrade their phones. Only taking new 2 year service agreements and writing peoples names on a list. He said i qualified and i will get a pre. I guess they will call these people on this "list" come closer to launch to see if your still coming in to open a line. What's your guy's thoughts?
    I believe I made this thread, for posts such as yours..

http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...-one-spot.html

and it was on the 1st page at that..
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast