Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Just talked to a telesales rep after seeing the post about no telesales or web sales at launch...and it was TOTALLY CONFIRMED. She stated that the reason was due to demand and wanting to provide ReadyNow service. She stated that she did not KNOW when the phone would be available via telesales and web, though it could be AFTER JUNE! OUCH
    Yeah, I'm really annoyed by this myself.
    This is why no one listens to what Sprint reps ever have to say. I've called on three separate occasions to Telesales, and each time they assured me that they'd have the phone for order on June 6 and would personally call me as soon as their shift started at 7/8am so that I could get it.

The only REAL confirmation will be the mornings of June 5th and June 6.
    I just got off with online chat with Sprint with Michael W. and they have a memo directly from Sprint, and was told no telesales or online for a while. It would not be day one. Premier Customers are getting nothing for being Premier customers. I have my daughter's birthday party the day it is released, and was relying on buying it through telesales. I am really annoyed. I guess I am going to have to try to work my magic and get it reserved some how.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    This is why no one listens to what Sprint reps ever have to say. I've called on three separate occasions to Telesales, and each time they assured me that they'd have the phone for order on June 6 and would personally call me as soon as their shift started at 7/8am so that I could get it.

uhhhhhh it's confirmed. not by a sprint rep, but by internal sprint communications.

http://www.precentral.net/pre-not-av...lesales-launch

and it sucks. hmmmm what do i treasure more... a brand new pre or sleeping late on a saturday???
    Ok, then. That sucks....well, you know.
    RS....here I come!!!

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    This freakin sucks Sprintttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!!
    Actually it makes my plans a bit easier to manage now, as I was planning to stop by the store (got 4 around me within 5-10 minutes each) early Saturday (assuming no early sale on Friday), while calling Telesales on my phone and checking Sprint.com from my netbook.
    i would take everything they say with a grain of salt.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    What really sucks even more is that the rep told me to schedule an appointment at my local store online, and guess what! The 5th-7th are blacked out dates, or already full at all 4 stores near my work!
    My problem with this is more that the closest store to me is 2 miles away, with a couple more 3 miles away (in all different directions). If that first store doesn't have any, I'll end up walking / taking the subway all over Boston and it'll just be very inconvenient, so I was planning on doing Telesales and receiving it Monday.

I guess my other option is to start calling around next week to see if any of the stores will hold one for me (or at least to see if I can get an idea of how many they'll have in stock.) I figure by Monday of next week, they'll be able to tell me those things.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post

I hate to break it to you.... this problem isnt exclusive to just Sprint. Verizon, ATT, T-mobile etc etc have the same problem. Personally in my experience with Verizon and AT&T I have had the exact situation happen - different answers from CSRs that worked for the same company. It happens outside of the cell business too.

I am surprised you haven't noticed.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Yeah...I am going to work hard at getting one of the stores near me to hold one for me so I can go pick one up on my lunch break. We shall see. If I don't get one at launch...well I guess I would at least maybe be able to see what Apple is doing with the competition
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kilofoxtrot View Post
    I hate to break it to you.... this problem isnt exclusive to just Sprint. Verizon, ATT, T-mobile etc etc have the same problem. Personally in my experience with Verizon and AT&T I have had the exact situation happen - different answers from CSRs that worked for the same company. It happens outside of the cell business too.

Dude...your signature is sheer brilliance...I was tapping at my screen incessantly. Then I was laughing at myself.
    They better not force that readynow crap down my throat. I like discovering my own device.
    Quote Originally Posted by gjlowe View Post
    Dude...your signature is sheer brilliance...I was tapping at my screen incessantly. Then I was laughing at myself.
    It got me the first time I saw it as well!!
    This is why i never listen to Sprint reps. They promosed me I could call on June 6th and get the pre for $199 and no mail in rebate. SO if I did not read this I would skip the store and miss out on the pre for who knows how long. Uggg.
    It got me the first time I saw it as well!!
    I just did it as well lol

No, that's definitely true. But regarding a launch this big, the other biggies typically have their info a little straighter and don't change it up so much.

This gives Sprint the appearance of fumbling and bumbling, and figuring it out as they go along...which is awful. I mean, I hear that the launch is left on Tuesday, then it's right on Wednesday, followed by backwards on Friday. Meanwhile, their reps are giving disinformation on a flagship launch and product left and right.

It's amateur hour. And I don't think Verizon or T-Mobile and definitely not AT&T have mishandled their flagship phones this badly.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast