Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by pomokey View Post
    I was wanting to do the same as Outrigger, and somehow get the Pre on the Referral plan, which can only be done online. I am also not a sprint customer currently.

If I sign up for the referral plan now, how will I be able to get the Pre with the discounted 2 year contract price? don't you need to sign a new two year contract?

can I add a line to the referral plan in store? because that would be okay for me.
    You can't do EPRP in the stores.
    I would just call Sprint and ask.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    You do know you can call and change your plan before June 6, then go that day and buy a Pre, right?
    Here's my question for you. If I'm currently a customer, and I am off contract, can I just change my plan to one of the referal plans and keep my number, or do I have to get a whole new line of service? I don't want or need 2 lines of service. I'm just curious to see if anyone has had experience with this recently. I plan on contacting Retentions this week.
    If you're on SERO, you can change to a EPRP plan (or a ED if you wish).
    If you're on an older legacy plan, you'd have to get a new line for EPRP, or switch to a ED to be able to get a Pre.
    I believe you'd able to keep your number but I'd call CS to make sure.
    Okay, now I'm really confused. I got one of those "do you have any questions" calls from Sprint today. I'm eligible for the upgrade and was wanting to know about my options with regard to the $150.00 upgrade for purchasing the Pre. The rep told me that the only way to recoup the $150.00 was via mail in rebate and that I could only get the $150.00 if I ordered via telesales or online. The rep also told me that the price before the $150.00 upgrade would be $299.99 meaning that the final price for me would be around $150.00. Flying in the face of danger, I then asked about the availability of online sales as I was under the impression that online sales were out at the launch. The rep told me that it would be available online. So much conflicting information. I feel like Strother Martin: What we got here is failure to communicate!

Out of the call my questions now are: is that indeed the case that the upgrade is a MIR and will the Pre be available or not via online sales on the 6th?

I guess it doesn't really matter as I do plan on upgrading from my 700wx to the Pre. I guess the only question for me to figure out by this coming weekend is how I'm going to order it and what direction I will go to use the upgrade I'm eligible for.
    I play it cool and dig all jive, that's the reason I stay alive. My motto, as I live and learn; is dig and be dug in return - Langton Hughes
    Yeah, I'm completely confused. I spoke to two separate Telesales reps today who said the Palm Pre would be available on the 6th. I shrug my shoulders at this point.

If it's not available the morning of the 6th of telesales, I'll probably just wait it out until August or so when stock levels are better and some of this insanity clears up. Either way, I want no part of this chaotic launch in person, which is a prime indicator of how **** poor a job Sprint is doing with this.

Loved watching parts of the MTV Movie Awards last night where almost every commercial break had a lengthy commercial for the G1. Felt real proud of Sprint there...
    I was told on multiple occasions that online and telesales are out at launch. But being that people are getting mixed answers, I would say the best thing to do if you want to get the referral plan is to call on launch day and see what the final answer is. Anything you get right now is questionable.

Since I want to get the everything plus plan, I plan on going to the store and just get the ED plan and get the phone IF telesales and web is out, and then hopefully, within 30 days, it becomes available via telesales/online and just return and sign up the new plan.
    If you have no spending limit on your account, can you still bill it to your sprint bill at the store? I was planning to order on the phone and have it billed to my sprint bill. If I can't order it on the phone, I will just take it as a sign I need to wait.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    I was planning to order on the phone and have it billed to my sprint bill. If I can't order it on the phone, I will just take it as a sign I need to wait.
    This is exactly where I am.
    Since, the Pre has not launched yet, I fail to see how anyone can yet call it chaotic.

We here at treo/precentral are a bit confused due to the fact that we fan the flame of every rumor we hear, often taking mere speculation as fact.

That having been said I am just as confused with regard to whether telesales will sell me a Pre on the 6th, but it looks like the only way to find out for certain is to wait until the phone is, in fact, released.
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    Since, the Pre has not launched yet, I fail to see how anyone can yet call it chaotic.
    That having been said I am just as confused with regard to whether telesales will sell me a Pre on the 6th, but it looks like the only way to find out for certain is to wait until the phone is, in fact, released.
    You just answered your query in the first post. Some stores have lists, some don't. Some reps say it can be sold via Telesales, some don't. Some reps say you have to sign up online, some don't. Some reps say you have to sign up at stores, some don't.

Regardless of whether a store is corporate or not or regardless of whether you are speaking to a Sprint VP in KC or a foreign flunky in an Indian call center, the message should be the same down the line given the import of this launch.

That there is no consistent message indicates chaos.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    If you have no spending limit on your account, can you still bill it to your sprint bill at the store? I was planning to order on the phone and have it billed to my sprint bill. If I can't order it on the phone, I will just take it as a sign I need to wait.
    I went to 2 stores today here in Manhattan. 116th street and 125th street and they both told me you cannot bill to account with this phone because of the demand. CASH, CREDIT, DEBIT ONLY with the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    Here's my question for you. If I'm currently a customer, and I am off contract, can I just change my plan to one of the referal plans and keep my number, or do I have to get a whole new line of service? I don't want or need 2 lines of service. I'm just curious to see if anyone has had experience with this recently. I plan on contacting Retentions this week.
    I called CS, changed to EPRP from SERO, checked my account online, the plan change is there, my number is the same, still out of contract, still eligible for the $150 off the Pre.
    Question: if you add a line of service...how long do you have before the 200 bucks kick in if you decided to cancel? 30 days?
    Last edited by IGoDwnTwn34; 06/01/2009 at 12:45 PM.
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234