Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    That's if they have any! Did you hear about the shortage?
    This is the second thread where you try to "arm-chair mod" your way into a discussion.

These are moderated fora, if you have some feedback, I advise you contact them.
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    Well if I can't use telesales (which was my original plan to try to get my rebate 2 months early).

So oh well!

Not a big deal, i'll wait for August 1st, walk into a Best Buy store and walk out wit ha $199 Pre after the launch hype dies down a bit and any bugs are discussed and worked out.
    You think the bugs will be worked out in 2 months time? Really?
    ok the every changing story has again changed for me.

Called Telesales back today after reading this thread. Asked the agent to read me the notes from yesterday and I am surprised to say she read back what I was told. I then asked her pretty explicitly if the Pre would be available on june 6th via telesales and she yes it would be available through all normal sprint channels plus Radio Shack, Best Buy and Walmart.

I asked her if I could just go to a store and buy it and still get my instant rebate (instead of mail in rebate) and she said it had to a corp store otherwise no problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by osidak View Post
    ok the every changing story has again changed for me.

Called Telesales back today after reading this thread. Asked the agent to read me the notes from yesterday and I am surprised to say she read back what I was told. I then asked her pretty explicitly if the Pre would be available on june 6th via telesales and she yes it would be available through all normal sprint channels plus Radio Shack, Best Buy and Walmart.

I asked her if I could just go to a store and buy it and still get my instant rebate (instead of mail in rebate) and she said it had to a corp store otherwise no problem.
    Osidak I was told the same thing and here's the convo for proof. Sheesh Sprint needs to get it together and FAST!

I am a premier customer with 6 lines and now heard a rumor that I wont be able to order the pre online or via telesales. Is that true?
    1:19:09 PM Agent Whitney S
    I would be happy to assist you today.
    1:19:19 PM Agent Whitney S
    One moment please while I double check on that for you.
    1:19:49 PM Customer me
    Thank you Whitney my account password is pet name:
    1:21:27 PM Agent Whitney S
    Thank you!
    1:21:55 PM Customer me
    Sorry to bother you about this again I just want to make sure I can order a pre on the 6th. I have been waiting for 6 months lol
    1:23:49 PM Agent me
    You are more then fine. I am just double checking so that I can provide you with accurate information.
    1:24:26 PM Customer me
    Awsome and can you also check since I am a Premier if I can order it before the 6th? Thanks!
    1:25:29 PM Agent Whitney S
    Yes, I will check on that as well.
    1:25:45 PM Customer me
    Thank you so much!
    1:25:59 PM Agent Whitney S
    You are quite welcome!
    1:28:00 PM Agent Whitney S
    Thank you for your patience today. After checking on 6/06/2009 you will be able to order the Palm Pre through our online service and through telesales.
    Quote Originally Posted by preman2be913 View Post
    Osidak I was told the same thing and here's the convo for proof. Sheesh Sprint needs to get it together and FAST!

I am a premier customer with 6 lines and now heard a rumor that I wont be able to order the pre online or via telesales. Is that true?
    1:19:09 PM Agent Whitney S
    I would be happy to assist you today.
    1:19:19 PM Agent Whitney S
    One moment please while I double check on that for you.
    1:19:49 PM Customer me
    Thank you Whitney my account password is pet name:
    1:21:27 PM Agent Whitney S
    Thank you!
    1:21:55 PM Customer me
    Sorry to bother you about this again I just want to make sure I can order a pre on the 6th. I have been waiting for 6 months lol
    1:23:49 PM Agent me
    You are more then fine. I am just double checking so that I can provide you with accurate information.
    1:24:26 PM Customer me
    Awsome and can you also check since I am a Premier if I can order it before the 6th? Thanks!
    1:25:29 PM Agent Whitney S
    Yes, I will check on that as well.
    1:25:45 PM Customer me
    Thank you so much!
    1:25:59 PM Agent Whitney S
    You are quite welcome!
    1:28:00 PM Agent Whitney S
    Thank you for your patience today. After checking on 6/06/2009 you will be able to order the Palm Pre through our online service and through telesales.
    I guess we will just have to see exactly what the story is. I called 10 minutes ago and was told as of right now, it cannot be ordered through telesales. Bottom line is believe no one and just call on the 6th to find out for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outrigger View Post
    I guess we will just have to see exactly what the story is. I called 10 minutes ago and was told as of right now, it cannot be ordered through telesales. Bottom line is believe no one and just call on the 6th to find out for sure.
    I think it's funny how they make you wait for an answer while they research it but it's never the same answer.
    I think they should have left it the way it was. It worked for everyone. What if i was buying a new line for my daughter why me being a father care for instruction on how to use it. Please Sprint go back to the old format!
    Quote Originally Posted by onionion View Post
    I just did an online chat with a Sprint rep and she confirmed the only way to get a Pre on June 6th was to go to a Sprint Store, Best Buy or Walmart (no mention of Radio Shack).

I think this is pretty annoying and is indicative of the image that Sprint is scrambling. No television ads, low supply and now you have to go to a store. They're f*cking this up. Is supply really that low?! I wanted to avoid the stupid activation fee, but I guess I'll just have to complain my way out of it.

Funny that the ultimate connected web phone must be purchased at a physical store. Pretty annoying Sprint.
    Did you say still no TV ads?????

I haven't watched too much TV lately but if that's true, what are they doing??
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Looks like Sprint's pulling an AT&T iPhone move. This sounds like the same thing they did initially with the 3G.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Only reason I can't order it in store is I plan on getting the Sprint referral plan thats done through telesales and web only. But I rather wait and save $10 a month while getting more minutes then let the addiction take over.
    They will now probably take orders, but they will not be able to quote a ship date!
    Only reason I can't order it in store is I plan on getting the Sprint referral plan thats done through telesales and web only. But I rather wait and save $10 a month while getting more minutes then let the addiction take over.
    You do know you can call and change your plan before June 6, then go that day and buy a Pre, right?
    I know a lot of people don't get or use Twitter, but I honestly like it just for the simple interaction between the customer and a company. Here's one case where Justin Goldsborough responded to my concerns of not having telesales or online available on June 6th.

"Thx 4 feedback. Understand frustration. Heard Pre 2b available through sprint.com, telesales soon after launch. More 2 come.."

Yeah it doesn't tell me much but at least being able to connect and getting a quick response DIRECTLY from one of the heads of customer service for Sprint (headquarters in KC) not only validates any speculation (much better than regular sprint reps over the phone or at a store). I think it's also better than having to rely on blurry cam shots or having to take the word of "insider information."
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    You do know you can call and change your plan before June 6, then go that day and buy a Pre, right?
    Can you explain? I'm not a Sprint customer right now. So I'll be signing up for the first time with the Sprint referral plan. Was told it can only be done via phone or the web site.
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cary328is View Post
    I know a lot of people don't get or use Twitter, but I honestly like it just for the simple interaction between the customer and a company. Here's one case where Justin Goldsborough responded to my concerns of not having telesales or online available on June 6th.

"Thx 4 feedback. Understand frustration. Heard Pre 2b available through sprint.com, telesales soon after launch. More 2 come.."

Yeah it doesn't tell me much but at least being able to connect and getting a quick response DIRECTLY from one of the heads of customer service for Sprint (headquarters in KC) not only validates any speculation (much better than regular sprint reps over the phone or at a store). I think it's also better than having to rely on blurry cam shots or having to take the word of "insider information."
    I agree, and thanks for posting his twitter name. I just sent him a similar message. I think we need to voice our concerns about this loudly. I don't think the big issue is necessarily the general availability, but the fact that this restricts people who want to sign up as new Sprint customers via the Everything Plus (employee referral) plans... they are online/telesales only so it puts us out of luck.
    Can you explain? I'm not a Sprint customer right now. So I'll be signing up for the first time with the Sprint referral plan. Was told it can only be done via phone or the web site.
    Yes, that's right, phone or the web.
    I'd call a couple days before, sign up and you're good to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    This is the second thread where you try to "arm-chair mod" your way into a discussion.

These are moderated fora, if you have some feedback, I advise you contact them.
    This is my feedback, if you don't like it, tough.. ignore it.
    I have been talking to the sprint rep that is the contact person for my work. I have been asking him if I would be able to order through him. I was a little worried that because he would be ordering for me, if he was going to have any trouble getting them come launch day and overnighting it to me. This was his response:

"We are a Sprint business partner with an online ordering site, so I guess we are classified as a Sprint Store. We will definitely be able to order the device on June 6th. I heard a rumor that some business partners may be able to them ordered in the system as early as Thursday the 4th. I’ll keep you posted!"

I hope this is the case! I will post any info he gives me.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    Yes, that's right, phone or the web.
    I'd call a couple days before, sign up and you're good to go.
    I was wanting to do the same as Outrigger, and somehow get the Pre on the Referral plan, which can only be done online. I am also not a sprint customer currently.

If I sign up for the referral plan now, how will I be able to get the Pre with the discounted 2 year contract price? don't you need to sign a new two year contract?

can I add a line to the referral plan in store? because that would be okay for me.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast